'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' Movie Set Adventure at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chef’s Name Revealed with a Second Look at 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Merchandise

posted on September 25th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“2013

My favorite event of the year, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, returns to the Walt Disney World Resort starting September 27. I’m counting down the hours until I can try the orange-flavored Dole Whip that my fellow author Pam Brandon mentioned in a previous article. I will be visiting the Festival Center at Epcot next week to give you a first look inside the merchandise location. Until that time, I thought you may enjoy a second helping … I mean look … at some additional items created for the event. One of the most exciting things I learned is that the chef featured in this year’s artwork now has a name.
“2013

“We named him Chauncy,” explained Randy Noble, the Disney Design Group artist responsible for this year’s merchandise artwork. “His ‘C-shaped’ wisp of hair under his hat inspired his name. I made him a French chef as it was a nice reminder of a trip my wife and I took to France. I turned to a boys’ name book and found Chauncy which seemed perfect!”

I showed you a few Chef Chauncy items in a previous article. He will also be included on new things like a banner and my usual favorite item, a coffee mug.

Randy also designed the front and back cover of the popular cookbook that contains a host of recipes inspired by things you can enjoy at the Festival (hello, Aulani Sunrise on page 3 and Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup on page 7!).
“2013

Speaking of things to enjoy, the development team is also introducing two different sized Woozies this year that contain the Festival logo. The larger Woozie paired with a bottle of wine from event seems like it make a perfect gift.

I hope to see you at the festival!

Read more about the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival in the posts below:

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Shannon on September 25th, 2013 at 2:24 pm

eeek! It’s my favorite event of the year, as well. I was at Epcot last weekend and saw many of the booths in place. It was a tease to see them all, but not be able to order anything from them! Can’t wait to hear about your first visit!

Steven Miller on September 30th, 2013 at 12:03 pm

@Shannon – My son and I went to Epcot on Sunday. Had a great time and the weather was outstanding. He was a big fan of the salmon from Scotland and I loved the Orange Dole Whip.

Norman on September 25th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I love the Food and Wine Festival, and the Flower and Garden Festival (especially the topiaries). I couldn’t find information on HGTV guests for this year’s Food and Wine Festival, will any be attending this year?

Steven Miller on September 30th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

@Norman – You may want to visit the official website for the festival which lists all sorts of demonstrations, etc.:

Jim on September 25th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Haha he looks like a Chauncy! Excited for this years Food and Wine Festival! Can’t wait to sip on a Chauncy mug this fall!

Jonathan on September 25th, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Oh man! Your next article on the Food/Wine Festival won’t be until next week? You have no idea how much I was hoping it would be Friday!!

Any idea if disneystore will carry some of the items this year?

Steven Miller on September 30th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

@Jonathan – I visited the event on Sunday with my son. I returned this morning to grab a bunch of photos, so please stay tuned. There will be select items on the Disney Parks online store starting October 4, 2013. Visit http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents starting on October 4 to see the items (there are a few other non-Festival things online right now).

Paula on September 25th, 2013 at 5:15 pm

How much do the samples of food usually cost? and the cost of the wine/beverages? I have never been & we are going next year & want to start on my budget !! Thanks

Steven Miller on September 30th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

@Paula – Retails vary but you are looking at a couple of dollars for each food or beverage offering. On Sunday, I loaded a Disney Gift Card for my son and let him pay. He enjoyed feeling like a grown up :)

Susanne on September 25th, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Cannot wait for the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup this year! That is just unbelievable! YUMMMMM!!! :)

Amber on September 26th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Love the art this year – definitely enjoy the whimsical style. Thanks Randy Noble!

Charles on September 29th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Steven,

Would you please be able to provide me the SKU numbers for some of the items I’ve seen:

-Deluxe matted Print
-Coffee mug
-Freezer mug (preferably blue, if the three colors have different sku’s)
-Jar mug
-little tilted jar with lid

Thanks so much!

Steven Miller on September 30th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

@Charles – Here you go! Please note that select items will be released via the Disney Parks online store starting October 4 – http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents

-Deluxe matted Print – 400007944138 / $39.95
-Coffee mug – 400007927810 / $12.95
-Freezer mug (preferably blue, if the three colors have different sku’s) – All item numbers are the same – 400007927803 / $12.95
-Jar mug – 400007927797 / $12.95
-little tilted jar with lid – 400007927858 / $7.95

Charles on September 30th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Thank you so so much!!! Do you know if any of the items I asked about will be included online?

amber on October 23rd, 2013 at 1:41 pm

The disney afternoon stuff that was in the parks last year, is there going to be new stuff this year like a Goof Troop tee? I would love one so much