This past week was packed with fun for our social media team on a Disney cruise to Alaska! If you followed along on Facebook and Twitter, hopefully you enjoyed getting a glimpse at some of the great adventures Disney Cruise Line offers in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan.
Yesterday our last Alaska voyage of the season departed from Vancouver, and we’re already looking forward to returning in June for another great summer in America’s Last Frontier. If you’ll be joining us next year, you won’t want to miss the social media team’s top-five picks for a Disney cruise to Alaska.
- Fun with Disney Friends in Tracy Arm Fjord
- The views you experience while sailing through Tracy Arm are indescribable. Every direction you turn, your eyes are met with a stunning sight of glacial blue water and rugged mountains. The only thing that makes this afternoon better is seeing your Disney friends fitted for the frontier. Don’t miss your chance to get your photo taken with them with this remarkable backdrop!
- Dog Sledding
- A dog sledding adventure, offered from both Skagway and Juneau, is another must-do! The excursions that take place on a glacier also include an exciting helicopter ride, which is half the fun! And in Juneau, only Disney cruisers have the chance to become a dog musher for a day, getting a behind-the-scenes look at the camp and helping prepare your dog team for the day of mushing that lies ahead.
- Glacier Trekking
- There aren’t many experiences that can match the excitement of gliding over mountains in a helicopter and landing atop a glacier. In Juneau, you can combine a helicopter tour with a glacier trek. The extreme adventurers can opt for the extended tour that takes you over steep terrain and gives you the chance to scale ice walls and explore crevasses.
- Cultural Discovery
- New this year for Ketchikan is an excursion to Annette Island, Alaska’s only native reservation. Not only can Disney cruisers get a rare glimpse at a working village, families also have the chance to construct their very own drum and learn how Tsimshian people teach youngsters about their ancestors using drum beats, song and dance.
- Relaxing on Deck 4
- Days at sea are the perfect time for you to relax and recharge! Mountains are in sight for most of the Alaska voyage, which makes days at sea even more remarkable. Be sure to grab a spot on deck so you can fully enjoy the beautiful views. We recommend deck 4 so you’re even closer to the whales and dolphins you’re likely to spot swimming alongside the ship!
Thanks for virtually joining us on our Disney cruise to Alaska. Hope to see you aboard next summer!