The program is funded entirely by cast members through regular payroll deductions or one-time donations. Those who contribute during the year have the opportunity to nominate an organization for a grant up to $5,000.
This year, in honor of the 30th anniversary of Disney VoluntEARS, 10 of those organizations each received an additional $25,000, including the Esperanza Entertainment Unit at Esperanza High School in Anaheim. See their reaction in this video!
Other organizations that received the special $30,000 grants include:
- Beckstrand Cancer Association, Newport Beach
- Boys and Girls Club of Tustin, Tustin
- California Women’s Recovery/The Lynn House, Costa Mesa
- The Children’s Bureau of Southern California, Huntington Beach
- Ontario USO, Ontariov
- Orange County Educational Arts Academy, Santa Ana
- Orange County High School of the Arts, Santa Ana
- Rancho Los Amigos Foundation, Downey
- San Dimas Mountain Rescue Team, San Dimas