Disneyland Resort, Haunted Mansion

New Novelty Toys Coming to Disney Parks for Fall 2013

posted on September 30th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

As a child, I loved visiting toy stores. I would spend countless hours roaming aisles in search of the perfect toy (which was typically some kind of Star Wars action figure). As a parent today, I see that same kind of thrill in my son’s eyes when we visit a store. I also still feel that thrill when I visit with Cody Hampton, merchandiser for toys and games at Disney Theme Park Merchandise. Cody recently took me on a tour of his toy showroom to highlight a few new novelty toys coming to Disney Parks this fall.

Pluto Bank Coming to Disney Parks for Fall 2013

I think my favorite new item is a Pluto bank. When a coin is dropped into Pluto’s dish, he licks his plate clean. I recall having a metal bank with baseball players similar to this when I was younger (the pitcher would throw a coin into the catcher’s glove). I’m going to need more coins when my son sees this one.

Disney Mouse-Staches Coming to Disney Parks for Fall 2013

Two of the more unique items Cody shared with me were Disney Mouse-Staches. Cody said these play mustaches were inspired by a popular trend in the marketplace. I once tried growing a mustache, but became impatient with how long the process took (and my fiancée Jennifer said “No”). I think I’ll stick with these peel and stick ‘staches from now on.

Disneyvision Coming to Disney Parks for Fall 2013

Another fun item that Cody shared was Disneyvision. This small retro television measures about 7-inches tall by 5-inches wide and was designed by Disney Design Group Artist Lin Shih (whom you may recall from Radio Disney Music Award fame a few months ago). The set comes with six different characters that can be placed into the television. Once Disneyvision is turned on, you can control the speed of six built-in LED strobe lights and motion of the characters by turning the dials. This lighting effect makes it appear like the characters are animated.

Disney Princess Toys Coming to Disney Parks for Fall 2013

Finally, there are a few new Disney Princess items arriving this fall including a small rubber ball inspired by a scene from “The Little Mermaid,” a 500-piece puzzle featuring the works of Thomas Kinkade, and a small castle turret bank that contains sculpted images of Cinderella, Belle, Ariel and Rapunzel.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Debbie on September 30th, 2013 at 11:21 am

I love the Disneyvision toy, and it will certainly be a collectible! I love the retro vibe of it as well : )

Andrew on September 30th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Those moustaches are amazing.

Lara on September 30th, 2013 at 11:35 am

I LOOOOVE the Disneyvision toy! When will these be available, and can we get them online or through Disney mechandising?

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 9:19 am

@Lara – Glad you liked it. At this point, these items won’t be offered on our Disney Parks online store. So our Merchandise Guests Services team would be your best option once the items are released. Here is some information that may help:

Disneyvision

Item Number: 400007171114
Now Available at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts

Thomas Kincade Puzzle
Item Number: 400007727762
Now Available at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts

Jonathan on September 30th, 2013 at 1:19 pm

Speaking of fall merchandise, has the purchase-with-purchase annual fleece throw been released yet?

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 9:20 am

@Jonathan – That’s a great question. I will have to ask some partners.

Linda from PA on September 30th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I think the mustaches are hysterical! I can’t wait to buy them.

Mikki on September 30th, 2013 at 4:20 pm

The pluto bank reminds me that when I was a kid, my brother had an Aladdin bank where the genie would take your coin and put it in the bank, all while playing awesome Aladdin music. Much fun was had.

Jindy from CA on September 30th, 2013 at 7:28 pm

That Cheshire Cat mustache is must-have!

Joyce on September 30th, 2013 at 8:16 pm

oh i hope ANY of these will be in Disneyland Paris!

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 9:20 am

@Joyce – At this point, I don’t know of specific plans to carry these at Disneyland Paris.

david on September 30th, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Awwwwwwwww…..GAWRSH, Dont feel bad, Steven, because my lovely wife also told me “NO” when I attempted to get a goatee past her that I was growing. I thought it looked good! I love the Mouse-stache idea and the Disneyvision, especially because they both involve HM characters! Your HM Pal, David

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 9:21 am

@David – That’s funny :) Glad I’m not alone.

Corey on September 30th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Any idea on when we should bee spec ting to see any of these? And also do you have any SKUs that we can reference for calling the merchandise hotline? Thank you :)

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 9:22 am

@Corey – Please see my response to Lara (question #3) above.

Jose on October 2nd, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Steven, when will the new Duffy pillow pets be available at Disneyland? My gf really wants one for her birthday next month but she said they’re only at Disney World right now.

Steven Miller on October 3rd, 2013 at 1:36 pm

@Jose – It looks like the pillow plush is due to arrive toward mid-to-late October at the Disneyland Resort. Once received in the warehouse, it will be released at Treasures in Paradise in Disney California Adventure Park, Emporium in Disneyland park, and World of Disney in Downtown Disney District.

Missy on October 14th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

When will the 2014 Graduate Ears be available? My daughter’s drill team will be competing in a dance competition at Disney in February, and there are 21 seniors in the group. I wanted to be able to surprise the girls with the ears when they arrive. I called today and no one seemed to know anything about them or when they would be available. We saw them this past summer when we were there on vacation.

Steven Miller on October 15th, 2013 at 5:21 pm

@Missy – Typically those ears aren’t seen until spring. I’ve not seen any information on them yet. It’s difficult to say at this point if one would be available as early as February.

Gregory from PA on October 31st, 2013 at 6:07 am

I saw the Disneyvision toy at Disneyland today and it is fantastic!!