Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort

Princess Fairytale Hall to Open Its Doors September 18 at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on September 6th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

As we shared a few weeks ago, our Walt Disney Imagineers are busy putting the finishing touches on Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom Park. This exquisitely detailed Disney Princess character greeting location is the next to debut as a part of the New Fantasyland expansion – and we’re happy to share today that the Hall will officially open its doors on September 18.

Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a new sneak peek video with us in honor of today’s announcement. In it, Imagineers Pam Rawlins and Jason Grandt explain just how detailed this new character greeting area will be. In addition to a castle-like entrance, high ceilings and elegant wood-paneled rooms, the space will feature beautiful princess portraits, themed wallpaper, glittering stained glass windows and accessories that have been inspired by props seen in films like “Cinderella” and “Tangled.”

As a reminder, Princess Fairytale Hall will offer two separate character greeting experiences, which means there are two queues to choose from. You can choose to meet either Cinderella or Rapunzel, each of whom will be joined by one fellow Disney princess.

And yes, Princess Fairytale Hall will offer both traditional Disney FASTPASS and the new Disney FastPass+ options.

Join the conversation online with the hash tag #NewFantasyland on Twitter.

Take a look at the Disney Parks Blog posts below for more on Princess Fairytale Hall:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Craig on September 6th, 2013 at 8:53 am

Thanks for the sneak peek Jennifer. Any word on who will be taking the spot opening up on Main Street when the Hall opens?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:17 am

We don’t have anything to announce at this time. Don’t forget that Mickey Mouse will continue to greet guests in Town Square Theater!

Joe on September 6th, 2013 at 8:59 am

question about the fastpass – since there are 2 separate lines will you need to get a fastpass for one line then another for the other line? and thanks for letting us know about the date!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Yes, there will be two separate FASTPASS options for guests to choose from: Rapunzel and a princess friend or Cinderella and a princess friend. (Also, the FASTPASS distribution for Princess Fairytale Hall will be located near Peter Pan’s Flight).

Michael on September 6th, 2013 at 9:50 am

Looks great cant wait to see it when we go there next year any idea if there is a way to see who the visiting princess’s might be or a way you can find out before going and is there a good way to see Bell and get her autograph

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 10:15 am

On the day of your visit you can check signage at the entrance of Princess Fairytale Hall to see which princesses are appearing with Rapunzel or Cinderella. You can also check out the “Characters” section of the My Disney Experience app. If it’s Belle your hoping to see, be SURE to check out the new Enchanted Tales With Belle attraction in New Fantasyland! Details on that here: http://bit.ly/1fERFH5

Meredith from MA on September 6th, 2013 at 9:51 am

Wow! I love these “sneak peek” videos because they really provide such great insight into the creative processes of the Imagineers! Amazing how every detail reflects the theme and the story of the attraction – so fascinating! Can’t wait to see Fairytale Hall during our next visit!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Thank you! Our friends in Imagineering do a great job giving us these sneak peeks to share!

Craig on September 6th, 2013 at 9:53 am

The new hall looks great! Although I can’t help but wonder if the princesses can meet us wearing personalized hard hats and safety glasses like the Imagineers… :-)

Michael on September 6th, 2013 at 10:03 am

Can’t wait to see this. Makes the character experience even better.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 10:16 am

I’m happy you’re excited!

Dana on September 6th, 2013 at 11:05 am

Thanks for the preview Jennifer! Question though, will Cinderella still be meeting guests in her castle?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I assume you mean at Cinderella’s Royal Table? Yes, between greeting her guests at Princess Fairytale Hall, she will continue to meet with guests at the restaurant.

Erin on September 6th, 2013 at 11:12 am

This is so cool! Do you know when it will be available to add to FP+? I just checked and it’s not listed yet.

Sandra on September 6th, 2013 at 11:51 am

We plan to be there on the 18th! Do you know what time the Princesses will start greeting their guests? Will there be a ribbon cutting ceremony on the 18th? — Thanks!

Patrick on September 6th, 2013 at 11:51 am

When will it be offered for FastPass+ online or through the mobile app?

Heather on September 6th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

It looks gorgeous. And I am so happy there is no princess roulette.

Erin on September 6th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Nevermind, it’s there to add as a FastPass+ selection now! I’ll be meeting Rapunzel and a “Princess Friend” on 10/12. Woohoo!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 6th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Have fun on your upcoming trip!

Ryan on September 6th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I’m glad the princesses have a new home, I can’t wait to see who’s in town square theater now. I really hope it’s Bernard and Bianca from the Rescuers. The Rescuers is my favorite Disney Movie, and I’d love to see Bernard and Bianca in the Parks.

Laura on September 6th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Will there be Photopass Plus photographers to take pictures?

Jon on September 6th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Will this be open for the Halloween parties after the 18th? If so, will they be joined by their respective princes?

Kuleen from TX on September 6th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I am so excited this will be open for my trip in October.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 8th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

That’s great to hear!

Bobbi-Jo on September 6th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Very exciting news! Love all the Princess attractions, but what about the boys? Sure would love a Buzz and Woody character breakfast!

Patricia on September 6th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I really am grateful that the imagineers share concept art with us fans. I have been following this project for some time and I have loved seeing all the gorgeous drawings that have been released showing how the Fairytale Hall evolved. I wish they had this when my kids were younger because it makes it so easy to plan when a family can meet all the princesses. That sure takes a lot of stress off a mom, because having this Hall means that people can relax more on vacation without having to worry about finding the princesses walking around. I just think this is genius and also the end result looks beyond GORGEOUS. Well done!!!

Steve on September 6th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

We will be there in october, i do not see any fast pass+ options

Todd from VA on September 6th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

It looks wonderful, but it is still such a shame that a classic dark ride was sacrificed in the process.

Steve on September 6th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Ooops, i take that back it is there today. Glad i looked here!

Noodle on September 6th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

This looks great and well-done (like always), but I am concerned about Belle only being available in her yellow dress at Enchanted Tales. I know she is in her blue dress at Epcot, but I wondered if there will ever be a chance to get time with Belle in her gorgeous yellow dress. Belle is my favorite princess, but at Enchanted Tales, I am always rushed through the photo taking time, and not everyone gets to have their picture taken with her. I know she cannot be at in two places at once, but I want a chance to see her in her yellow dress. Do you know any plans to have her meet elsewhere in the yellow dress? After all, Aurora never meets in her “peasant/ Briar Rose” dress, Tiana only meets in her ballgown, and Cinderella only meets in her ballgown, so I see no reason why Belle must remain in her provincial town dress.

Eric from MA on September 6th, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I second Craig’s idea–We need one more promotional video of the Princesses helping out with the final construction:
Rapunzel painting a few wall details, Snow White dusting, Tiana directing a few last-minute workers before opening, and Cinderella looking at a freshly polished floor. :)

Marc on September 6th, 2013 at 9:55 pm

We’re going to be there for Opening Day and we’re so excited! Will Tiana and Prince Naveen still be greeting Guests in their location near Liberty Square?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 8th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

The best way to know the location of any character is to check the My Disney Experience mobile app or pick up a Times Guide on your way into the park the day of your visit. That will give you the most accurate info.

Raihana on September 7th, 2013 at 8:54 am

I’ve been looking forward to this attraction ever since they announced it. So far the concept is beautiful! I’m a little thrown off about the choosing princesses part. Will Cinderella or Rapunzel be joined by a princess of your choice who you’d like to take a photo with? I’m asking as I’m looking forward to seeing princesses like Jasmine and Mulan.

Sasha on September 7th, 2013 at 11:27 am

Hi Jennifer! Thanks for posting this. Will guests still be able to meet Tiana and Naveen at Liberty Square? And Aladdin and Jasmine in Adventureland by the carpets?

Jerry on September 7th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

We have a 4 year old granddaughter who is a princess fan through and through, Rapunzel especially. Do you have suggestions where we can see and possible dine with Rapunzel. We will be in Disneyland October 21 & 22. Thank you.

Erin on September 7th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

How close is this located to Mickey’s Philharmagic?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on September 8th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

It’s in the former location of Snow White’s Scary Adventures.

Sabrina on September 7th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

As to Noodle question…wanted to mention that Belle is also at the Storybook Princess Meals at Akerhurst Hall at Epcot and she is in the yellow dress from the pics I have saw posted.

Vincent on September 7th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

It looks really beautiful! But what I don’t get is how come they only have six princess portraits: Snow White, Tiana, Rapunzel, Aurora, Jasmine, and Mulan instead of all 11. I mean even Cinderella who’s the main attraction has none! Oh well…at least Mulan is getting recognized like she deserves :)

Adam on September 7th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Will Merida be appearing at the Hall or will she still be at the Fairytale Garden?

mary on September 7th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

It’s nice they are getting a special place to see all the princesses, but I wish they would get more of the Disney characters you don’t see anymore. They are like the lost Disney characters. Don’t know the last time I saw Roger Rabbit or Jungle Book characters walking around the park. Would be nice to see ALL Disney friends once in a while.

Maggie on September 9th, 2013 at 2:42 am

I am looking forward to visit the Princess Hall in the future. Keeping up the good work.

Jennifer on September 12th, 2013 at 11:23 am

First of all – Whoo Hoo!! Soo excited!! We will be there in January and my 4 year old will LOVE this. I am curious, however, if using FP+ this will count as one of your 3 picks? From my understanding, when using FP+ you can only pick 3 (or 4) a day…does this include charater experiences such as this or is that limit only apply to the rides??

cheryl on September 16th, 2013 at 1:26 am