Walt Disney and Mickey Statue at Cinderella Castle

Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th Fun Descends on Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on September 17th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

How did you spend your Friday the 13th?

Our Disney villains had quite a time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as a part of Limited Time Magic‘s special Friday the 13th “Unleash the Villains” celebration.

Disney Villains Appeared at Disney's Hollywood Studios as Part of 'Limited Time Magic' for a Special Friday the 13th Celebration

The special event featured Hades’ Hangout, “the hottest club north of the Underworld,” where a DJ, dancers and a house band provided live entertainment. A plethora of Disney villains were also out to greet guests, including Pain and Panic (“Hercules”), Maleficent (“Sleeping Beauty”), Captain Hook (“Peter Pan”), Cruella De Vil (“101 Dalmatians”), Jafar (“Aladdin”) and Big Bad Wolf (“The Three Little Pigs”), among others. A highlight of the night was a special presentation of “Villainy in the Sky” fireworks.

Check out our video recap for more.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Rochelle on September 17th, 2013 at 10:14 am

No Lady Tremaine?!

Kyle on September 17th, 2013 at 10:27 am

Will Oogie Boogie be out all Halloween Season and is there a chance he may make it to Disneyland to join Jack and Sally at Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Shaun on September 17th, 2013 at 11:46 am

This has been my favorite Limited Time Magic Event so far! I’d love to see it happen again.

Cristi on September 17th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Thanks for posting the pictures – looks like it was fun. I unfortunately got to spend my Friday the 13th on a WDW bus for 2 1/2 hours trying to get into the park. The rest of the trip was great, just bummed I missed out.

Lisa from NJ on September 17th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Although I was not able to attend this event, I was THRILLED to see that Bowler Hat Guy was one of the villians. “Meet the Robinsons” is one of my favorite movies and he is definitely one of my favorite villians. Thank you for reaching deep to present villians that don’t normally get recognized in park events. Please consider bringing Bowler Hat Guy out more often (he has LOTS of fans!).

Gordon from TX on September 17th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Any chance of a repeat on 12/13/13……from the guy who arrives at 330pm on Friday the 13th of December??

Shannon on September 17th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

We had so much fun at this (crowded but still great) event! You took our picture, and I was hoping to see myself on the blog! Oh, well, maybe next time! ~Shannon (Cruella)

Nicole on September 17th, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Definitely had a blast, just wish it had been longer due to the crowds. I had too had hoped to find our group of “villains” photo up on the blog, I’ve got the button to prove that it was taken at least. But it would have been cool to tell my family that we made it onto the Disney Blog. Maybe next time.

Andy on September 17th, 2013 at 10:39 pm

We took off for the day to attend and for some reason didn’t plan to hit the park till 5. The bus drivers said it was 1 1/2 – 3 hourwait in traffic and we bailed to EPCOT. But I snuck over in time to catch those amazing Villainy in the Sky fireworks and close it out so tons of photos snapped away. Glad I did because what an incredible event!

Lonnie from FL on September 18th, 2013 at 8:24 am

Cristi, I can relate. We were stuck on Disney transportation too.

Kevin on September 18th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

OMG it was so cool to watch!! Oogie was so neat to see out. I would like to see mother Gothel attend some villain meet and greets!!