Walt Disney World Resort, The Haunted Mansion

A Look at Recent and Future Haunted Mansion Merchandise at Disney Parks

posted on October 31st, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

01_ParksBlog_HMTakeOver_VMSet

This past year has been an exciting time for Haunted Mansion collectors. In February, we released nine amazing decorative items inspired by the attraction. These items and more are currently found on the Disney Parks online store. In August, we had an online release of a Hatbox Ghost shirt (it’s nice seeing fellow Haunted Mansion fans in the Parks wearing that shirt.) Finally, in September, we released an incredible Dooney & Bourke wallpaper bag. Good news – additional orders of this bag are arriving in November at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. As your humble servant of Disney Parks merchandise information, I wanted to share with you a look at some other recent and future Haunted Mansion items.

02_ParksBlog_HMTakeOver_Shirts

I recently visited the Yankee Trader shop located near the Haunted Mansion attraction in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom Park. The shop had a nice small display of items including those aforementioned decorative goods and four recently released T-shirts.

10134672P2 MasterGraceyCase

The D-Tech team also recently released two new phone cases. The limited release wallpaper case was made for the iPhone 4/4S (item number – 400007864818) and iPhone 5/5S (item number – 400007863538), and it can be found in multiple locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. The limited edition, iPhone 5/5S portrait case (item number – 400007703476) has an edition size of 999, and can only be found at Walt Disney World Resort. The case has a lenticular feature that is similar to the portrait from the attraction.

On December 20, we are releasing a Vinylmation set with figures inspired by the stretch room portraits (as seen in the first image of this article). This limited edition set will have an edition size of 2,000 and was designed by Disney Design Group artist Ron Cohee. The set will be released at the D Street locations on each coast and on the Disney Parks online store.

04_ParksBlog_HMTakeOver_HM45thInvite

Finally, the Haunted Mansion will celebrate 45 years at Disneyland park in August 2014. The Disney pin team is currently planning an awesome pin collection for this milestone anniversary at the Disneyland Resort next summer. Look for more details in the coming months about the new collection.

05_ParksBlog_HMTakeOver_VMMickeySet

The Vinylmation team will also be releasing some new three-inch figures for the 45th Anniversary. These figures, also designed by Ron Cohee, will feature Mickey Mouse and friends playing roles from the Haunted Mansion. Look for this new “Reveal/Conceal” concept late next summer.

Tagged: , , , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Roger on October 31st, 2013 at 2:17 pm

The Mickey & Friends set looks fab!!! (Please bring these to Europe!!!)

And the stretched portrait set has already gone on my xmas list :-)

david on October 31st, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Wow! I was wondering if there would be a 45th Anniversary collection! So Cool!! Thanks for sharing, Steven! This has been a great year for us HM fans! Your HM Pal, David in Ohio

Steven Miller on October 31st, 2013 at 4:24 pm

@Roger – Glad you liked them. I agree – they look amazing. I’m unsure at this point if they will be carried at Disneyland Paris. They won’t be released for a long time from now.

@David – I figured you’d enjoy this article :)

Crystal from VA on October 31st, 2013 at 2:27 pm

I picked up my HM wallpaper iPhone cover last month and LOVE IT!!

Melissa on October 31st, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Love the iPhone 5/5S case. I think I might have to order that now, instead of waiting for our December trip to pick it up. Thanks for the heads up.

Eric from CA on October 31st, 2013 at 2:34 pm

All very cool! Especially the lenticular LE iPhone case!

Ryan on October 31st, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Love the D-Tech phone cases, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Do you make android cases?

Nicole on October 31st, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Yay!! My birthday is in November and I’ve been dying for the Dooney & Bourke wallpaper bag to be released again. I feel a birthday trip coming on. Any idea of which day in November?

Steven Miller on October 31st, 2013 at 4:25 pm

@Ryan – We have made Android phone cases but not many. I don’t know of specific plans at this point for Haunted Mansion cases for Android phones. Sorry. :(

@Nicole – Unfortunately, I don’t have a firm release date right now. I know the shipment is coming and is due to arrive in November.

Joe on October 31st, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I enjoy Disney a lot, my family and I. But we own Samsung s3 and s4 phones and I don’t see me getting an Iphone soon because you can’t use memory cards in them and they can’t do what . When will Disney make covers for androids?I really like these covers.lol

Josh on October 31st, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Is there any chance of seeing the phone cases materialise for Galaxy S4?

Steven Miller on October 31st, 2013 at 4:27 pm

@Joe and Josh – We have made some Android phone covers, but not many up to this point. There are no plans that I have seen for Haunted Mansion cases for Android phones. I can share your feedback with the D-Tech team. I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you right now.

Jonathan on October 31st, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Will there be another SHAG print/collection for the 45th?!?!

Steven Miller on October 31st, 2013 at 4:28 pm

@Jonathan – I’ve not really seen any plans for the 45th Anniversary. I know that pins and Vinylmation will have something(as mentioned above). I would keep watching the Disney Parks Blog come next year as details are finalized.

Megan on October 31st, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Do you know if the Dooney & Bourke bag will posted online anytime soon? I’ve been checking every day since they were announced back in September.

Steven Miller on October 31st, 2013 at 4:29 pm

@Megan – The first order for those bags were sold online a few weeks ago. As you can imagine, they sold out quickly. Another order is on the way but I don’t have confirmed release date just yet.

Kacy on October 31st, 2013 at 5:01 pm

So excited for the Mickey and Friends Vinylmation and to see what pins they come up with! Love the Haunted Mansion.

Diana on October 31st, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Is there a certain twitter account other than the Disney parks account that will probably announce the rerelease of the Dooney and Bourke bag? Planned on getting it last time but was only realized they went on sale after they sold out.

Steven Miller on November 4th, 2013 at 9:13 am

@Diana – I don’t know of another Twitter account to follow. I would recommend @WaltDisneyWorld, @Disneyland and @DisneyParks. At this point, we don’t have a firm date as the re-order is in transit. As soon as I have a better idea, I will update.

Sarah on October 31st, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I have never been more excited for a vinylmation set in my life! December 20th, I can’t wait!

I’m also a huge Haunted Mansion fan, but I don’t see any availability for the Samsung Galaxy series cases. Any word on those?

Steven Miller on November 4th, 2013 at 9:14 am

@Sarah – At this point, I don’t know of any plans to have Haunted Mansion-inspired cases for Android phones. Sorry.

Megan on October 31st, 2013 at 8:25 pm

@Steven Miller- Thanks for the information. I’ll just keep checking the website every day and hope I get lucky!

Alyxandria on November 1st, 2013 at 5:04 pm

EEEEEEE! Haunted Mansion Host Mickey Vinyl!

Christopher from TN on November 3rd, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I know you are releasing 45th anniversary items but is there any word if there will be a full fledged event?

Steven Miller on November 4th, 2013 at 9:16 am

@Christopher – I haven’t heard any updates about such an event.

Sally on November 4th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Long shot, but any idea when the Stretching Room vinyls will be out? My brother’s a huge Vinyl nut and I’d love to be able to get them for him for Christmas. Thanks! ^_^

Elizabeth on November 6th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

What I really want to know is when and where will the Dooney Haunted Mansion purses be available again? I’m heading to Disneyland next week and I would LOVE to pick one up while I’m there.

Kylie on November 14th, 2013 at 11:08 am

I’ve been looking online everyday to see when the bag would be posted and I guess I was just a little too late this morning because it is already sold out :(
Do you know if there going to be another chance anytime soon?

Melissa from FL on November 23rd, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Will more of the Dooney & Bourke bags be available? Also, will there be any other D & B bags of other sizes available with the HM wallpaper design?

jen on January 1st, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I am very eager to start my travel plans for the 45 anniversary of the haunted mansion. Any further news of release dates or events that will be planned? I want to be sure to get my plane tickets for the correct dates.