We love noshing and strolling on a beautiful fall day around World Showcase Promenade at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, but there’s a joy in discovering (and splurging a bit) on special events.
There are still a few tickets for this Saturday’s leisurely noon lunch at Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – seven luxurious courses paired with delicious wines sounds like a memorable affair. We’re sharing the menu to whet your appetite (“surf & turf” pork belly and abalone, oh my!):
Zind Humbrecht Pinot Grigio, Alsace France
Pâté en Croûte, Truffle-Frisée Salad
Abbazia di Novacella Gewurz, Alto Adige Italy
Braised Trotter Agnolotti, White Bean Ragout, Kale, Parmesan
Torbeck Woodcutter Semillion, Barossa Australia
Porchetta di Testa, Butter Braised Radish, Violet Mustard, Blood Orange
Tres Picos Grenache, Spain
“Surf & Turf” Pork Belly, Abalone, Trumphet Royal, Tsukemono
Paul Hobbs Crossbarn, Sonoma California
Fresh Ham Crépinette, Bone Marrow, Deviled Egg Vinaigrette
Tarim Monastrell, Junille Spain
Long Bone Pork Chop, Heirloom Apples, Rye Cavatelli, Mustard Greens
Tournon M Chapoutier Shiraz, Pyreness
Other events on our radar:
- The “Taste, Shake and Indulge Like the French” Grand Marnier tasting at the elegant Monsieur Paul in the France Pavilion (be sure to ask for “Taste, Shake and Indulge” when you call for reservations). You’ll sip exceptional Cognac-based liqueurs and up your sophistication level when you learn how to muddle cocktails. And who can resist the finale of Crepes Suzette served as a sweet ending? The program runs from 2:30-4 p.m. every Saturday during the festival. Cost is $65. What a deal.
- Spirits Confidential from 8-10 p.m. November 1 (a Friday night) is an evening of fun, food, stories and cocktails with the pros – master distillers and mixologists. And plenty of noshes too. Sort of a mini Party for the Senses in the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion. Cost is $95.
- Speaking of Party for the Senses, you can still get tickets to two: October 26 and November 2. This is the premier party of the festival with non-stop food and drink, Cirque du Soleil performances and a chance to meet some super chefs from 7:30-10 p.m. in the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion. Tickets are $145.
To book a reservation for any of the events, call 407-939-3378.
For more on the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, read the posts below:
- PHOTOS: Visiting the Festival Center at the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- See Sister Hazel at Eat to the Beat Concert Series October 5-6 During Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Celebrity Chef Carla Hall Visits Epcot International Food & Wine Festival