This week, Tom Staggs shared an early glimpse of the plans for AVATAR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park that included some breathtaking images of what to expect when Pandora becomes a real place for you to see, hear and touch.
In the world of AVATAR, you will encounter awe-inspiring floating mountains and wander through a nighttime jungle of bioluminescent plants that are alive with light and sound. And there will be an opportunity to discover what it feels like to soar into the sky riding a Banshee.
We’re also adding all-new entertainment experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, including a new nighttime spectacular where live music, floating lanterns, water screens and swirling animal imagery all combine to bring a show to Discovery River. The park will introduce more nighttime entertainment as well, including live performers on Discovery Island and a new nighttime version of Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Check out Tom’s original story to see additional images and learn more about the largest expansion in the history of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
We also announced this week that the story and characters from “Frozen,” Disney’s latest animated comedy adventure from the creators of “Tangled” and “Wreck-It Ralph,” will be brought to life with new experiences coming to Disney Parks.
At Disneyland park, Olaf is preparing a special, snow-capped spot in Fantasyland, where you can spend time visiting with Anna and Elsa. And when the royal sisters travel east to Walt Disney World Resort, they’ll be appearing at the Norway Pavilion at Epcot, where you’ll also find a new gallery exhibit exploring how the culture and beauty of Norway-inspired the filmmakers in the creation of “Frozen.” You can find out more in Shawn’s original post.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Disney Magic Transformation Update: Week 5 – Take a deeper look into how the Disney Magic is coming to life.
- Come ‘Gourd’ Yourself on Fall Favorites at Disney Parks – You won’t be able to resist these Halloween-inspired sweets, available now!
- Ten Delicious Reasons to Visit Karamell-Küche This October in Germany Pavilion at Epcot – Take a trip to Germany by tasting these chocolate treats available at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort!
- Steve Carell Celebrates Halloween Time with Donald Duck at Disneyland Park – Steve Carell paid a visit to one of his favorite ducks this week at Disneyland park.
- Disney Parks Blog Readers Board the Halloween Time Express Meet-Up at Disneyland Park – These must-see photos from the Halloween Time meet-up at Disneyland park will have you spooked!
- Disney Parks ‘Vine Your Disney Side’ Contest Runs Through October 31 - Have you Vined your Disney Side yet? It’s not too late, you can show us your Disney Side through October 31st.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Brings a Festive Celebration to Disney California Adventure Park – It’s never too early for Christmas at Disney California Adventure park! Check out what’s already in the works.
- The History of the Disneyland Monorail: Mark I, 1959-1961 – Learn how the iconic Disneyland Monorial developed into what it is today, with photos too!