Sunset Over the Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Disney Parks Will Be Getting ‘Frozen’ This November

posted on October 7th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

I’m really looking forward to “Frozen,” Disney’s latest animated comedy adventure from the creators of “Tangled” and “Wreck-It Ralph.” I think audiences are going to really fall for fearless and optimistic heroine Anna, feel for her sister with a secret, Elsa, and laugh out loud with hysterical snowman Olaf. And the songs from “Frozen” are especially wonderful! I haven’t been able to get Elsa’s song, “Let It Go,” out of my head since I heard Idina Menzel perform it live at the D23 Expo in August.

Anna and Else from 'Frozen'

This November, the enchanting story and characters from “Frozen” will be brought to magical life with new experiences coming to Disney Parks. At Disneyland park, Olaf is preparing a special, snow-capped spot in Fantasyland, where you can spend time visiting with Anna and Elsa. When the royal sisters travel east to Walt Disney World Resort, they’ll be appearing at the Norway Pavilion at Epcot, where you’ll also find a new gallery exhibit exploring how the culture and beauty of Norway-inspired the filmmakers in the creation of “Frozen.”

And in the evenings this holiday season, a sequence celebrating “Frozen” will join “Celebrate the Magic,” the nighttime projection show that transforms Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park. Olaf will also play host for the wondrous all-new nighttime experience, “World of Color – Winter Dreams” at Disney California Adventure park.

You can almost feel a chill in the air already! What are you most excited about? Meeting Anna and Elsa, experiencing new elements in our nighttime spectaculars or seeing the movie when “Frozen” arrives in theaters in 3D November 27 – How about all of the above? Let us know in the comments!

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Jennifer on October 7th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Do we have a time frame for them coming to WDW as I am taking my girls there near the end of November.

Craig from AZ on October 7th, 2013 at 10:25 am

Very exciting! Any word as to early, mid, or late November?

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 10:46 am

Jennifer and Craig – Anna and Elsa are expected to begin making appearances in early November. Some of the other things mentioned in this post will be starting a bit later in the month.

Jean from VA on October 7th, 2013 at 10:35 am

That sounds awesome. I was wondering if they might be doing ice skating at Downtown Disneyland again? My daughter loved it last year and was talking about doing it this year, but I told her I didn’t know if it would be offered again.

Michelle from NY on October 7th, 2013 at 11:25 am

I am very excited about this. Will they still be greating guests next year in Norway as well, or is this just temporary?

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Michelle – At this time, they are only expected to appear in Norway at Epcot through January 4, 2014.

Sarah on October 7th, 2013 at 11:55 am

Is there any chance they may show up at the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom?

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Sarah – I don’t know of any plans for Anna and Elsa to make appearances during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, but once it debuts, you will be able to enjoy the new “Frozen” sequence in “Celebrate the Magic” at Magic Kingdom Park.

Danielle on October 7th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Shawn, will the special gallery exhibit in the Norway Pavilion only be up through January 4th, as well? This is my favorite spot in EPCOT and I’m very eager to see it!

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Danielle – I checked with the Imagineering team producing the gallery, and they have confirmed that there is no end date for the new exhibit.

Mark on October 7th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

My family and I will be vacationing at WDW in November right after Thanksgiving so I cannot wait to see “Frozen” at the theater in Downtown Disney while we are there as well as to have the kids meet Anna and Elsa and to see the new projection show on Cinderella’s castle.

I’ve seen some clips from “Frozen” in the Disney Animated iPad app and they all look great so again I can’t wait to see it.

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Mark – It’s going to be so great! Enjoy your trip… and the movie!

Vienna on October 7th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Will Hans or Kristoff be available for meeting eventually?

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Vienna – Sorry, but there are no plans at this time for Hans or Kristoff to visit the Disney Parks.

NICHCOLE from NJ on October 7th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Hello, my family and I will be there the last week in Oct through first week of November any chance they will arrive Nov 1st or 2nd? Have opening dates been established?

Shawn Slater on October 7th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

NICHCOLE – The team is working toward having the location ready as soon as possible in early November, so be sure to check when you visit Epcot.

Loren from CA on October 7th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

How about Olaf himself? Will we be able to meet him as well? Or, will he just be working on the overlay?

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 8:47 am

Loren – As much as he loves getting warm hugs, Olaf will be spending his time at Disneyland Park just chilling on the snow-covered rooftops.

Matthew on October 7th, 2013 at 5:40 pm

My Halloween trip goes to Nov. 2, so fingers crossed that they’re out by then.

Dan on October 7th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Where will the Meet And Greet be located?

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 8:54 am

Dan – At Epcot, Anna and Elsa will be located in a space on the left side of the pavilion near the bakery. When they visit Disneyland Park, they’ll be in a cottage near Pinocchio’s Daring Journey.

Laura from IL on October 7th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

SOOOOOO excited to know this location and get ready for it on our Holiday trip. My daughter is counting down to the movie.

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 8:59 am

Laura – I’m sure she’ll love it!

Joshua on October 7th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Very excited for this, Shaun!

Timothy on October 7th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Will the Vikings Conquerors of the Seas exhibit remain after the meet and greet goes away?

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 8:58 am

Timothy – The Gallery and the character experience are not connected. Once Anna and Elsa return to Arendelle, the new WDI exhibit on the beauty and culture of Norway will remain.

Gabby on October 7th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Any plans for them after they leave WDW in January? Will they be going to Magic Kingdom next? It’d be shame if they where only out for such a short time.

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Gabby – There are no plans as of right now, but the team is constantly exploring new entertainment experiences for our Guests.

Jeff on October 8th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Are Elsa and Anna taking over Rapunzel’s current meet-and-greet location? Where will guests be able to meet Rapunzel since she still has a long line of visitors three years after “Tangled” was released?

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Jeff – No worries! Rapunzel will be increasing the amount of time she spends greeting Guests at Fantasy Faire.

Melissa on October 8th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Do you have the dates yet for Anne & Elsa character experience in Norway? My daughters already each have a favorite/costume and we just read the book last night. They are SO excited. We will be down in WDW on November 1st & 2nd, and would adjust our schedule to meet Anna & Elsa.

Taylor on October 8th, 2013 at 1:02 pm

This is all very exciting to hear about new characters being added to both parks! Sad to hear they will replacing Rapunzel, will she be at the Princess Royal Hall more often with Aurora and Ariel? Because I really like meeting her.

Shawn Slater on October 8th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Taylor – She’ll be appearing in the village square.

Wei on October 8th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Will Anna and Elsa can meet and greet at Hong Kong Disneyland in this Christmas?

Shawn Slater on October 11th, 2013 at 8:41 am

Wei – Sorry, but there’s no word yet on when Anna and Elsa might make the trip to Hong Kong Disneyland.

Tia on October 9th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

We will be visiting Disney World the week of Thanksgiving. Are there any special activities planned on Wednesday, November 27 for the premiere of the movie? Thanks!

Shawn Slater on October 9th, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Tia – I’m not aware of any specific plans for that day, but you’ll definitely have the chance to meet Anna and Elsa at Epcot and check out the new exhibit in the Stave Church Gallery. There’s also a display related to “Frozen” at The Magic of Disney Animation at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and of course, you can catch the film itself at AMC Downtown Disney 24 theaters!

Heather on October 10th, 2013 at 10:56 am

Do we know what date this will be released on Disney Cruise Lines??

Shawn Slater on October 11th, 2013 at 8:43 am

Heather – I checked with the team at Disney Cruise Line, and they’ve confirmed “Frozen” will premiere at sea aboard all four Disney Cruise Line ships on November 27, the same day the film opens in U.S. theaters. You can even see it in 3D on the ships!

Wei on October 11th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Please let Anna and Elsa make a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland this Christmas, please!

Nick on October 11th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Is Disneyland going to do a coronation ceremony like they did for Merida?

Clydene from CA on October 11th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Looking forward to seeing the movie, and seeing Anna and Elsa at Disneyland during our trip in December! Thanks for the location–we’ll be watching for them by Pinocchio’s Daring Journey (I’ll add this onto the itinerary I’m creating; thanks for the info!).

Madison on October 11th, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I second the question asked earlier… Will there be ice skating in downtown disney at the Disneyland Resort this year (2013)??? Thanks in advance Shawn!

Wedge from IL on October 12th, 2013 at 5:54 pm

I seem to remember that you could see the new Disney movies a day or two before their nationwide premiere in Downtown Disney. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving and would love to have the magic to be the first one to see it!

Buffy on October 13th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Do you know if Anna and Elsa will still be there after the new year. We are planning a trip for early January 2014.

Rebecca on October 19th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

My daughter & I are going to be in Disneyland from January 16-20 for the Tinkerbell half marathon will Anna & Elsa still be there? I’m really hoping so because my daughter is so excited for the movie to come out.

Joshua on October 20th, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Will there possibly be a meet and greet opportunity with Olaf the Snowman??

Robyn on October 29th, 2013 at 8:03 am

May we safely assume that since they are true Norwegian Princesses, in the future Anna and Elsa will be hosting the character dining experiences at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall? You know that would be a beyond perfect fit! I can’t imagine that Disney wouldn’t continue to have them at Norway in Epcot after January 4th, 2014. I have a feeling that they are going to be very popular attraction.

Isabel on November 23rd, 2013 at 3:54 pm

WHEN IS THE OFFICIAL ROYAL CORONATION OF PRINCESS ANNA? What are the dates for both (if applicable) Disneyland and DisneyWorld.

A bunch of my friends all want to make a trip to attend but we cannot find any information on the dates ANYWHERE!

Christina on December 4th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I have the same question as Isabel! When is the coronation ceremony! I would like to attend!

Alina on December 25th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Happy Holidays!
We are planning out next trip to WDW around the Coronation of Frozen’s Anna & Elsa. Any word on when it might be and where will the information be posted?
Thanks

Jacqueline on December 30th, 2013 at 9:53 am

We will be visiting Disneyworld May 5-11. My daughter is extremely obsessed with Elsa & Anna. Will there be a Meet and Greet during that time and where?

Julie on January 7th, 2014 at 12:02 pm

You had mentioned January 4th. Are Anna and Elsa still appearing in Norway? Are they available for any character meals? Thanks!