“So come along and sing a song and join the jamboree, M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!”
Everytime I hear that tune, I can’t help singing along. From the opening drum line all the way to the Mary Poppins-inspired finale (my favorite part), Mickey’s Soundsational Parade brings an infectious energy to Disneyland park. There are so many practically perfect places to watch this daily parade, so I want to give you some tips to make sure you and your family have the best experience possible.
- Enjoy the show from an elevated location – Either across from “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland or above Main Street, U.S.A., at the Main Street Train Station, you can get fantastic views of the parade with unique vantage points – especially for watching the Disney characters on top of the giant drums!
- Making sure you are inside the viewing area – Make sure you are inside the white ropes that line the parade route, which are the only locations where you can stop and watch the show on the ground level.
- Find shade for the parade – For most of the year, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade takes place during the day and shade can be in high demand. Try to arrive at least 45 minutes before the parade begins to snag one of the shaded locations along the parade route. If you do end up in the sun, be sure to put on sunscreen and wear a hat!
- Waiting for the arrival of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade – The parade either starts in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., or near “it’s a small world” in Fantasyland. It may take several minutes for Mickey and the gang to reach your viewing location, but as soon as you hear the music start, know the parade is just minutes away!
- Navigating Disneyland park during the parade – It sounds crazy, I know, but sometimes you may not be in a parade mood. It’s ok! If you need to cross the parade route to get to another destination, just ask one of the cast members carrying an orange baton where to find the nearest crossing, and they will point you in the right direction.
I hope you enjoy this music celebration on your next visit to Disneyland park and be sure wave hello to my boss, Mickey Mouse – you can’t miss him playing his drums at the beginning of the parade.
Now it’s your turn – what are your tips for viewing Mickey’s Soundsational Parade? Whoa whoa – hey hey hey!