UPDATE: Click here for a complete list of attendees. If you have questions, please ask them on the Disney Parks Blog and we will do our best to answer them. Stay tuned for additional unique opportunities in the future.
We’ve done several runDisney meet-ups, but we’ve never done one like we’re planning for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend next month. Sure, it’s going to involve some scrumptious food and wine, but the really cool part of this meet-up is that it’s going to be held at night.
It’ll be our first runDisney nighttime meet-up, so you will definitely want to be able to say you were there. It’ll have many of the same magical elements of our previous Meet-Ups, but with some cool new twists that only the nighttime can provide.
For instance, we’ll kick off the event with a special viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, the nightly laser, light and fireworks show. After that, selected participants will get to taste and learn about some of the extraordinary cuisine and wines that are part of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, hear from some Olympic endurance runners and get some expert advice on safely running at night.
Then, selected participants will get to put some of that nighttime running knowledge to work during a starlit fun run “around the world” at Epcot well after the park closes. And of course there will be a few magical surprises throughout the night.
As always, space is limited. If you don’t want to miss your night out with runDisney, RSVP right now to WDW.SportsMeetUps@Disney.com. Only a limited number of qualified runners will be selected to participate, so be one of the first to reply. Remember to include your name in this email and only one RSVP per individual.
Here are a few important details:
- All selected participants must be available for a 8:30 p.m. ET start time on Thursday, November 7.
- Qualified applicants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A valid photo ID is required. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Limit one RSVP per individual. Applicants sending RSVP’s from more than one email address will be disqualified.
- Valid RSVP’s must include your name. RSVP’s that include more than one person or are missing information (e.g. incomplete names) will not be selected.
- Admittance to the event is non-transferable and limited to the selected applicant; no additional guests please.
- The event, event elements and individual/celebrity appearances are subject to change or cancelation without notice.
- Because this is a running-oriented event, we require that applicants be experienced runners, able to maintain a 16-minute per mile pace (qualified).
- Selected applicants attending the meet-up are not required to purchase admission.
We will send an email to selected applicants who sent their valid RSVP via email before we reached capacity to confirm their attendance for Thursday. If you do not receive an email from us confirming your reservation and your name does not appear on the list of selected applicants, your RSVP was not selected.