Disney's Hollywood Studios, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Interior

Fit2Run is Racing to a New Location at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on October 11th, 2013 by Darcy Clark, Marketing Manager, Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort

One of my good friends convinced me to sign up for a half-marathon this January. I started my training program just last week, so the news that Fit2Run, The Runner’s Superstore, is coming to Downtown Disney this fall comes at a perfect time.

Whether you’re a reluctant runner (like me) or an elite athlete, the store can help you find your perfect fit in athletic footwear. Sharon Jacobson, Fit2Run Brand Director, tells me they will offer a complimentary video-taped gait analysis and an iStep barometric scanning, which will help each guest find the ideal shoe for their foot. Guests can also test the footwear on Fit2Run’s indoor track, just to make sure the new pair is ‘just right.’ Still want more? At this particular store, Fit2Run will offer first releases on many shoes, with some special products available only at this location.

iStep Barometric Scanning Fit2Run, The Runner’s Superstore Guests Testing Footwear on Fit2Run’s Indoor Track

Don’t be surprised if you see co-owners Bill Robinson and his son, Parks, at the new store for one of their in-store events, clinics or new product introductions. Both avid runners, the two founded the company in 2006 and couldn’t be more excited about this venue. Fit2Run is set to open next month – just in time for the holidays – at Downtown Disney West Side, next to Curl and across from House of Blues.

Look for me when you visit. By early November, I’ll be hitting the pavement pretty hard and just may need a new pair of shoes.

Are you training for a big race, too? Let me know in the comments below and we can motivate each other; I need all the inspiration I can get!

In the meantime, race over to www.Fit2Run.com and learn more.

For more about Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort, click the links below:

Filed: Downtown Disney, Walt Disney World Resort

Becca on October 11th, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Oooh! I’m not sure if I’ll need new shoes when I get down there, but I can’t wait to check it out! I’m just getting into running, but I love it (and you’re going to rock your race)!

Darcy Clark on October 11th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Becca! And let’s be honest … whether they’re for running, work or happy hour, you can never have too many shoes, right?

Katherine on October 11th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Will they be selling Run Disney apparel as well?

Darcy Clark on October 15th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Katherine, I’ve asked around, and at this time, runDisney merchandise will not be sold at the Fit2Run location at Downtown Disney. If that changes, we’ll let you know.

Melissa from DE on October 11th, 2013 at 3:35 pm

I am so excited to check this out in January!

Darcy Clark on October 11th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Melissa, with New Year’s Resolutions and the start of a fresh year, January sounds like the perfect time for new shoes!

Becky on October 11th, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I just started training for a 10K. I did the one at Disneyland in August but only did a run/walk. I REALLY, REALLY want to run a full one!! I am looking forward to the opening of this store as I’m sure I’m running in the wrong shoes!!

Darcy Clark on October 14th, 2013 at 9:47 am

Becky, congratulations on your 10K! And what do you mean you “only” did a run/walk – no matter how you did it, you covered 6.2 miles, which is awesome!!! Regarding your shoes, I have no doubt that Fit2Run can help you find the perfect pair :-)

Lauren on October 12th, 2013 at 7:43 am

I am running the Princess Half in February! I am going to need a new pair of running shoes before the race so this is exciting news!

Bethany from ON on October 12th, 2013 at 11:22 am

Any chance they will be selling Disney inspired shoes like at the previous marathon? I’d love to get a pair of those!

Andrea on October 12th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I am so excited this is coming! This store will the closest running store for me. Will there be lots of in-store events? I’ve run in every WDW race weekend since Princes 2011 (and then did the Dumbo at DL) and am signed up through Princess 2014!

Darcy Clark on October 14th, 2013 at 9:48 am

Andrea, yes, expect plenty of in-store events! And wow … sounds like you are quite the runDisney runner – I’m impressed!

Janet on October 16th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Thank you for the information. I’ll definitely check out the new store during my upcoming trip.