Disney Cruise Line

‘Glow With the Show’ Ears Brighten ‘Fantasmic!’ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on October 16th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Last night, “Fantasmic!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios became the first Walt Disney World Resort Entertainment offering to debut the addition of “Glow With the Show” ear technology. Were you there to see it? The “oohs” and “ahhs” coming from the crowd made the unveiling positively thrilling to see in person.
“‘Glow

From now on, the new ear hat technology will be featured as a regular part of the nightly show. Guests who wish to purchase “Glow With the Show” ear hats can do so at merchandise locations throughout the park.

Check out the video below for a look at the show’s debut – and don’t forget that “Glow With the Show” ears will debut at Magic Kingdom Park this Saturday night (October 19), during the “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show and “Wishes” fireworks.

Will you use Glow Ears during your next visit to Walt Disney World Resort? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

For more on “Glow With the Show,” be sure to check out the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Banks on October 16th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

This was so much fun to be at last night! Really impressive technology. Looking forward to seeing this with the Spectacle of Dancing Lights next month!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Hi Banks! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed it!

Michael on October 16th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Oops! You mean Saturday, October 19th!! I know, it’s my birthday and I’ll be at the Magic Kingdom with my ears on!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Oops, you’re right. Total wishful thinking on my part. I can’t wait to see this.

Michael on October 16th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I was there last evening! It has added another incredible element to an already AMAZING show! GREAT JOB Disney!!!!!! This is why I love you so much!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, Michael! That’s great to hear.

Kait from NY on October 16th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

How cool! Very curious to see what the “Glow with the Show” version of Wishes will look like from California Grill!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Hmm, I wonder.

Nick on October 16th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Are there any plans to do another glow with the show event at Disneyland? It seems like I’m the only one ever wearing the ears whenever I’m there :P

Michael on October 16th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I agree with Nick as we bought a pair for our 5 year old for World of Color last week and were a bit dissapointed to see so few others with these fun ears! It was a wet day and cool, dry evening, but still expected to see more “glowing”. I hope to use them in WDW for Fantasmic! in December (business trip) if I can sneek them out of his room.

Joe from CA on October 16th, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Do we know if the Disneyland Glow with the Show hats work out at Disneyworld? I have a specially created jacket that uses Disneyland’s version of the technology that I would love to try out there sometime.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 16th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Yes, hats purchased at other parks will work here.

Whitney on October 16th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I’m so excited! I recently saw a youtube video of the “glow with the show” ears in Disneyland Paris! I was fascinated and now I can be a part! :)

Jon on October 17th, 2013 at 10:10 am

I had a great time with my Glow with the Show ears. But the weird thing was I wasn’t wearing a hat. I think I ate something weird that day.

James on October 17th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I have not seen any mention of the HalloWishes or Boo-To-You Parade. Will there be glow then, as there is for the regular Wishes and Celebrate the Magic?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 21st, 2013 at 8:56 am

Yes, Glow Ears are now a part of HalloWishes on party nights.

Valerie from NJ on October 17th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I am so excited about this! Can’t wait for our April 2014 trip! I am hoping to get a Wishes fireworks cruise booked for that time. Do you think the Glow with the Show hats would work from the lagoon?

Jessica on October 17th, 2013 at 9:55 pm

So I saw someone asked if the disneyland hats would work at wdw. My question is if I buy a hat for Fantasmic will it also work with the new show at Magic Kingdom and so on or will you need to purchase a different hat for each show? Also can you tell us the price range for these?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 21st, 2013 at 8:57 am

One Glow Ear hat, purchased at any Disney Park, will work at any other Disney Park that has Glow Ear technology as a part of the entertainment.

Marie-Christine on October 17th, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Hello! I would like to know if this will be available during our trip to Walt Disney World (Novembre 13th to November 19th) and with all of the show you said (wishes, Fantasmic and Celebrate the magic. Thank you, I can’t wait. Just looking a t it and I’m crying, so beautiful

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 21st, 2013 at 8:57 am

It’s great to hear that you’re excited Marie-Christine! Yes, these entertainment offerings will be ongoing at Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Nicholas on October 17th, 2013 at 11:46 pm

We had such a great time with our ears at Fantasmic on Tuesday! It is really some awesome technology and our children loved becoming part of the show. Will the ears work with “Wishes” from November 19th on?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on October 21st, 2013 at 8:58 am

Actually the show’s enhancement began this past Saturday (October 19), so you don’t have to wait until next month to enjoy!