Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

‘Limited Time Magic’ Spotlight on Halloween Headwear at Disney Parks

posted on October 4th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

With the start of October, I’m turning the “Limited Time Magic” spotlight on Halloween headwear at Disney Parks. If you are looking for an instant costume, a decorative hat or headband may be one of the simplest ways to join the festivities. Here are a few of my favorite Halloween-themed items this year.
“'Limited

I loved carving pumpkins for Halloween when I was younger. That is probably why I love the pumpkin ear hat designed by Disney Design Group artist Mark Seppala. I spotted this one on a ghost in Gateway Gifts at Epcot after a day of fun with my son at the 2013 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. The best part about this hat is the hidden image of Chip ‘n’ Dale that is found under the pumpkin’s topper.

In California, you can find this hat at the following Disneyland Resort locations:

In Florida, look for this pumpkin ear hat in these Walt Disney World Resort merchandise shops:

You can also find the ear hat on our Disney Parks online store.
“'Limited

A Mouse ear headband, particularly the Minnie Mouse sequined headband with a red bow, is one of the most popular headwear items at Disney Parks. This year, you will find two different Halloween-themed headbands including one with purple and green sequins.
“'Limited

Finally, I love what the headwear team did with the four new Disney Villain headbands that were recently introduced at Disney Parks. These headbands were also designed by Disney artist Mark Seppala. My favorite is the headband with the glow-in-the-dark apples inspired by Walt Disney’s animated classic, “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Dinah on October 4th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I have the Maleficent headband, which I ADORE!! Really, all 4 are fabulous; I would’ve bought all of them if I could. Thank you for coming up with these villains headbands.

Jonathan on October 4th, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Steven,

Since we’re talking about Halloween, meaning that 2014 is right around the corner, I recently saw a brand new awesome 2014 Disney World 12-month *Attraction Poster* calender…would you be able to provide me the SKU for that? I asked Merchandise Guest Services, but they didn’t have any luck.

Steven Miller on October 4th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

@Jonathan – Oh, it’s pretty awesome indeed!! I turned in an article earlier this week for the Disney Parks Blog about it. So please stay tuned. Meanwhile, here are the item numbers:

Walt Disney World – 400007737075
Disneyland Resort – 400007737082

Jonathan on October 4th, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Thanks so much! So do the two calendars have different posters??

Kristen on October 5th, 2013 at 12:10 am

LOVE the villains headbands! I’m in Disney World right now, do you know where I can get them? Thanks!

Steven Miller on October 7th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

@Kristen – The headbands were released in a variety of locations. I would check big merchandise locations like World of Disney at Downtown Disney Marketplace. I would also look in the Chapeau on Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom. Hope you have a wonderful visit.

JaneAnn on October 6th, 2013 at 10:50 am

I would really like to purchase one of the Disney Villain headbands. Are there any on-line links you can give me? Our daughter LOVES the Villains and I would really like to give her one of these headbands. Thank You in advance.

Steven Miller on October 7th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

@JaneAnn – The only headband that I found currently available on our Disney Parks online store is the Ursula inspired one:

The other ones may appear at a future date. Keep watching this section as inventory flucuates often:

DeAndra from OH on October 6th, 2013 at 9:29 pm

I agree with JaneAnn- I LOVE these headbands! I read this article from the blog while at work and almost screamed in excitement! My sisters and I love the villains! We will be at Disney World in November, and I am afraid they may not be there for our vacation. Will they be offered at the online Disney Store at all?

Steven Miller on October 7th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

@DeAndra – I’m glad you like them. The Merchandise Guest Services team may also be able to assist. There are two options available to contact them: by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

When contacting them, please reference the following item numbers:

Queen of Hearts – 400007733534
Ursula – 400007783867
Maleficent – 400007733510
Queen from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” – 400007783874

Taylor on October 7th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I LOVE THESE HEADBANDS!!!! I always hoped there would be a Villian Collection. Steven, please help us all and tell us: How long will they be available for purchase in the parks? I will be in WDW soon (Nov 2-5) and I NEED the Queen of Hears-Ears. If they are not available that long, will they be availabe for online purchase?

Steven Miller on October 9th, 2013 at 9:28 am

@Taylor – You should be able to find them still at the beginning of November. I believe that additional orders recently arrived at Disney Parks. Have a great trip!

Kris on October 8th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I love those ears, we were in Paris and they didn’t have them. I did find some villain shirts I couldn’t get while we were there. Is there any way to order merchandise from the Disneyland Paris theme parks?

Steven Miller on October 9th, 2013 at 9:30 am

@Kris – That’s a great question. The only thing I know about Mail Order for Disneyland Paris is related to Disney Pins. There are some exceptions where select pins may be ordered via their Mail Order team. My fellow author Michelle Harker shared this information in one of her recent “Window Shopping” articles:

“Guests who wish to inquire about remaining quantities of these pins may do so with the Merchandise Guest Services team at Disneyland Paris via dlp.pintrading.mail.order@disney.com, one month after each release.”

bonita on October 8th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

OOOOOOooooo I want the Villians headband!Are they available @the Disney stores or only @ the park?

Steven Miller on October 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am

@Bonita – The headbands were created especially for Disney Parks. You may be able to find them at a future date on our Disney Parks online store:

alice from UK on October 8th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Arrrggghhhhh I need that Red Queen headband!!

Kris from FL on October 9th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Thanks Steve, maybe they can direct me in the right place. I did email wdw merchandise about the evil queen ears and they seem very busy right now, so hope I will be able to get some.