Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Medals Unveiled for Princess and Tinker Bell Half Marathons at Disney Parks

posted on October 30th, 2013 by Darrell Fry, Sports Media Director, Walt Disney World

Today, I’m excited to reveal some of our new runDisney medals for two of our race weekends in 2014.

The Princess Half Marathon medal is completely new compared to last year’s medal and is inspired by our classic and most enduring princess, Cinderella. We’ve added a 10K and a Glass Slipper Challenge event (running the half marathon and the 10K) to the Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort, so check out the shiny new medals that go with them.

The Tinker Bell Half Marathon medal has a few new enhancements from last year. There’s also a new 10K race there too and the medal, of course, is very much themed around Tinker Bell.

So, if you’re signed up to run any of these races, get ready to rock these shiny new medals, so everyone can see your bling.

New Princess and Tinker Bell Half Marathon Medals

New Medals for Princess and Tinker Bell Half Marathons New Medals for Princess and Tinker Bell Half Marathons New Medals for Princess and Tinker Bell Half Marathons New Medals for Princess and Tinker Bell Half Marathons

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Meg on October 30th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

AHHHHHHH <3 I'm even MORE excited now if that is possible!

Jennie from CA on October 30th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Oooh I love those new medals. I wish I could run these races, but I’ll have to wait for 2015 since 2014 is Dopey year. These are fabulous medals and I know all the princesses out there will be shining that weekend.

Suzanne on October 30th, 2013 at 10:35 pm

OMG these are so fantastic and beautiful!!!! I can’t wait to have the 3 Glass Slipper Challenge ones around my neck in real life :)
Also love that the medals for new races include the “inaugural” line! I’m so excited!!! Did I use enough exclamation marks yet?!

Denise on October 30th, 2013 at 10:38 pm

SO excited to earn three of these this year :)

Denise on October 30th, 2013 at 10:39 pm

2014, I mean!

Maggie on October 31st, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I’m so glad Tink is the same as previous years :) I can’t wait to have it in my hands in a few months! I’m starting to wish I had signed up for the 10k as well, I love both Tinkerbell medals!!

I much prefer the previous Princess medals (2010, 2011), the heart seems weird to me…(plus the ribbons those years were awesome!)

Brianna on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I really do love these medals and I’m really looking forward to getting them in February, but why no year/date on the half and the 10K? :(

Erin on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Those are lovely medals, but what about the ones for the 5K? I know they are not as shinny as the half and 10K, but us 5K fast walkers, they are just as important.

Jennifer from TX on January 16th, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Ooooh, yes – I’d love to see a pic of the 5K medal, too! And maybe the kid’s races, pretty please???