Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

New Merchandise for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort on October 4-5, 2013

posted on October 2nd, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

“New

This weekend marks the return of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort. I’ll admit I’m not a runner, yet this event piqued my interest (especially considering I’m a super fan of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror). I recently caught up with Mary Myers, merchandiser for runDisney events, who gave me an overview of several merchandise items being offered this weekend.
“New

I think one of my favorite items is the new pull-over “I Did It!” jacket. The best detail is the course map featured on the back. There is also a long sleeve shirt featuring a similar map on the back.
“New

Mary created several logo shirts for women and men that feature the race logo with Stitch and the Hollywood Tower Hotel.
“New

The race weekend will see other events besides the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler. There will also be the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run and runDisney Kids Races on Saturday morning. My son participated in one of the Kids Races several years ago and loved it (the best part is every child takes home a finisher medallion).

Mary created a few commemorative items for those additional events including a limited-release pin for the 5K Trail Run and an ear hat for the Kids Race. Pins were also created for the 10-miler along with a necklace and a logo glass.

Look for these items at Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo that will be held at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. On Friday, October 4, the Expo will be open from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Expo will run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 5.

I will be sending good thoughts to all participants this weekend. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #Tower10Miler or #HappyHaunted5k if you will be participating.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

William on October 2nd, 2013 at 2:28 pm

I am so excited for this race its my first runDisney event longer than a 5K. I’ll need that maroon shirt and the pint glass! Wonderful merchandise this year. I hope there is also a car magnet!

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:49 pm

@William – Awesome! I wish you all the best with the run. Yes, there will be a car magnet :)

Susanna on October 2nd, 2013 at 2:41 pm

PLEASE tell me that there will be a mini-medal for the runDisney vinylmation? Also, any idea what the official race shirt – the one we get at the expo with packet pickup – will look like?

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:51 pm

@Susanna – Yes, we will offer a mini-medal for your runDisney Vinylmation figure. I’m unsure of the official race shirt as that was developed by the runDisney team.

Melissa from DE on October 2nd, 2013 at 2:51 pm

I really like the logo! I’m a bit bummed that it looks like the long sleeved items are cut for men, though. But I’ll get one of the women’s cut t-shirts, if they have cute ones left when I arrive. Most importantly, thanks for showing this to us — it lets the runners get excited for the weekend!

Meredyth on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I have habit of buying the I did it shirt with the map on the back. However, living in Florida I have no use for a long sleeve. Why is there no short sleeve cotton I did it this year?

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:52 pm

@Meredyth – But it gets cold in Florida … for a day :) I spoke with the team who said they mirrored some of the offerings from last year’s event. They may consider adding a short sleeve option in the future. Sorry.

Jennifer on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Extremely excited. This will be my very first RunDisney event and longest run. Love the half zip pullover with the map. Might be my favorite! I second the car magnet though, will there be one?! Please say yes. :)

Steven Miller on October 2nd, 2013 at 3:53 pm

@Jennifer – Yes! There will be a car magnet. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Meredyth on October 2nd, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I have a short sleeve I did it from last year made from cotton with short sleeves so I don’t know what they were thinking of. Hmmm.

Kathleen on October 3rd, 2013 at 8:25 am

I wish that we could pre-order the merchandise. The expo always has very long lines and often the merchandise sells out quickly. They should also only allow those registered to run the race to purchase the merchandise.

Patricia on October 3rd, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I hope the magnets are still available when I get there after a long work day Friday night. I’ve been to multiple expos (Princess, Dumbo Double Dare) and I’ve never seen the magnets available for purchase. I hope there’s a lot of womens size small items available.

Marisa on October 6th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Does anyone know how to get a tshirt after the race? I went to the expo on Friday afternoon, and someone said they would be selling these after the race. Turns out that person was misinformed and I am without the super cool tshirt. I really want one and am kicking myself for listening to that person!

Julie on December 28th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Does anyone know if it possible to by any of the merchandise now? In particular, the glass?