Mad Tea Party at Fantasyland

New Surprises in Store for ‘it’s a small world’ Holiday at Disneyland Park

posted on October 29th, 2013 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Holidays at Disneyland Resort just got merrier… and they’re about to get a little brighter, too!

Evenings beginning November 12, the smiling clock at the front of “it’s a small world” Holiday will mark every quarter hour in a surprising new way. Using advanced 3D projection technology, the façade of the entire attraction will be transformed into an enormous, clockwork mechanism.

Gingerbread House Projection at 'it's a small world' Holiday Toy Factory Projection at 'it's a small world' Holiday

The gears and springs pull back to reveal a world of holiday wonders hidden behind the clock, from an incredible toy factory to a scrumptious gingerbread house that builds itself!

Show Director John Addis gave us a sneak peek:

Discover the fun inside “it’s a small world” Holiday, this holiday season at Disneyland park.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

13 Comments 1 Reply

Dinah on October 29th, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Wow! Can’t wait. These look spectacular. I especially can’t wait to see the Mary Blair tribute. Bring on the holidays at Disneyland. :)

Jessica on October 29th, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Am counting down the days until we are there! I cannot wait to see all the Christmas stuff at Disneyland for the very first time.

Karla on October 29th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

That’s odd, because the website showed “It’s A Small World” was closed for re-furbishments on the first week of December…. I hope it’s open, it looks AMAZING!!!!

Harrison on October 29th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I’m glad this is coming back, and even getting improvements! I actually miss The Magic The Memories and You (despite a clunky name, it was a great use of the It’s a small world” facade.)
Jessica, you will love DL at Christmas. This year will be our third Christmas visit.

Alyxandria on October 29th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

*v* I wondered why last year the animations were taken off and now I know why. Can’t wait for this year’s christmas! Question though, will it still have the sudden light turn on like it always does? I love that part because it makes every say “ahhh” or cheer because not only is it a sudden unexpected happening it also signals ‘this is when you clap.’

Steve on October 29th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Is this like the projection show that has been there in the past? Or has this been significantly Plussed??

CARLOS on October 29th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Thanks for plussing the Small World show. The first one was great but last years was disappointing. Cant wait to see it for myself!!!

Jennie from CA on October 30th, 2013 at 1:10 am

I loooove the projection show on IASW. Cannot wait for this years show and the inside transformation is one of my favorite things in the park.

ricardo on November 1st, 2013 at 11:50 am

Will the Christmas parade at Disneyland begin November 12th? If not, on what date does it begin?
Thanks.

Shawn Slater on November 4th, 2013 at 8:42 am

Ricardo – Yes. November 12 is the first official performance of this year’s “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, although preview performances may be seen in the days leading up to that.

jennifer on November 4th, 2013 at 9:40 am

I remember seeing the Christmas characters in It’s a small world, singing holiday songs rather than the classic with all the characters in holiday costumes. Why is it that the same does not occur at Disney World?

Louella from CA on November 4th, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Gingerbread house! So cute! Wish I could decorate a mini version of Small World! Can’t wait to ride it!

Nathan on November 6th, 2013 at 1:29 am

Hi I am planning a trip to Disneyland for the holiday season during January second through the third I was wondering if all of the Christmas stuff will be up at both parks, hotels, and Downtown Disney. I was also wondering if The Christmas fantasy parade with Santa clause in the parade, the Christmas carolers, Christmas Jamboree,the Christmas 3D projection show at Its a Small World, and the Jingle Cruise will still be up as well. What is the times that the parks are usually open then. Thank you so much i really appreciate it.

Clydene from CA on November 7th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Wow! Looks wonderful! Great job Disney!