Disney's Electrical Parade

Candlelight Processional Returns To Epcot November 29 at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on November 22nd, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

The Candlelight Processional, one of the highlights of the holiday season at Epcot, will return to the park just one week from today!

CHOIR

Candlelight Processional combines a retelling of the Christmas story with live performances of holiday music by a massed choir and 50-piece orchestra. The show takes place nightly November 29 – December 30, at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. at America Gardens Theater stage. (Note: Showtimes on December 8 are 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. only).

This year’s Candlelight Processional narrators are:

• Nov. 29 – Dec. 1 – Gary Sinise
  • Dec. 2-3 – Neil Patrick Harris
  • Dec. 4-5 – Ashley Judd
  • Dec. 6-7 – Whoopi Goldberg
  • Dec. 8-10 – Sigourney Weaver
  • Dec. 11-13 – Dennis Haysbert
  • Dec. 14-16 – James Denton
  • Dec. 17-19 – Edward James Olmos
  • Dec. 20-22 – Trace Adkins
  • Dec. 23-25 – Steven Curtis Chapman
  • Dec. 26-28 – Blair Underwood
  • Dec. 29-30 – Amy Grant

If you’re heading out to enjoy this holiday offering, consider booking a Candlelight Dining Package, which includes a meal at an Epcot restaurant, reserved seating for the show and VIP viewing of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.” Learn more here.

Which narrator are you looking forward to hearing this season? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

shane from LA on November 22nd, 2013 at 9:55 am

What happened to Steven Curtis Chapman foe dec 23-25?

Jonathan on November 22nd, 2013 at 10:23 am

I think it’s a very impressive line-up of narrators this year! I am also SO glad I went to Disneyland last year when they did so many performances and was able to see Dick Van Dyke. What a highlight!

Any word on if there are plans for a new CD recording?

Amanda on November 22nd, 2013 at 10:40 am

We will be there for the Candlelight Processional on Monday Dec 2nd. We booked the dinner package. So ready for the holidays in Walt Disney World!

Pamela on November 22nd, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Are there published dates and narrators for Disneyland’s Candlight Processional for this year?

John from OR on November 22nd, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I’m so excited that I get to see Whoopi this year.

Cheryl from CA on November 22nd, 2013 at 10:59 pm

I have been searching the DL blog and Disneyland’s passport holders site for information on California’s candlelight procession and have not been able to find anything. By this time last year our family had already been notified that we had tickets for a specific date from the passport drawing. When will information be released for this years shows?

Janis from AZ on November 23rd, 2013 at 7:30 am

What time do you make a dinner reservation if you want to attend the 6:45 Candlelight Processional show? When I called to make reservations they weren’t sure…I called twice and neither cast member was certain and said the restaurant would know….but I want to know BEFORE I make a reservation or show up to eat. I do not want the 5pm show because it won’t be dark enough yet….and I’d rather not have the 8:15pm show because it doesn’t leave me much time to transition to Illuminations (I’m a little less able to move quickly, lol).

Thank you!

Marcy on November 23rd, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I love Gary Sinise….

Brian on December 9th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Why was “One Solitary Life” cut out this year?

Pam from PA on December 21st, 2013 at 8:27 pm

We experienced the Candlelight Processional for the first time this past Monday with James Denton as the reader. What a wonderful celebration of Christmas! Thank you, Disney for providing this beautiful night of music & God’s word.