Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Holiday Art for the Grand Emporium at Tokyo Disneyland

Disneyland Park to Retire Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Act January 6

posted on November 6th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Longtime Disneyland guest favorite Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are getting ready to begin their final seasonal holiday performances at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree this Friday. At the end of this special holiday run, their final day of performances at Disneyland park will be January 6, 2014.

BillyHill

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have been entertaining guests at Disneyland park for more than 20 years and join a legacy of live entertainers that have performed in the park throughout its 58-year history. Future plans for Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree are to feature a variety of entertainment offerings during our many seasonal and special celebrations.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Christopher on November 6th, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Thanks for all the fun over the years, Kirk… I mean, Billy.

Alex on November 6th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

This is such sad news! Billy and co. were always at their best when taking advantage of the intimacy of the Golden Horseshoe. I was disappointed when they were moved outside to the Ranch! Still, thanks to the whole group for delivering a hilarious, fun, and fresh performance every single show!

Cindy on November 6th, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I’m so sad!!! I Love the Billies! Billy Little John you’ll always be my favorite!

Kristi on November 6th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

We are pretty bummed about this… We love these guys and try to see them each time we visit!:-(

Connie on November 6th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

No, no, no, say it ain’t so!!!

Eric on November 6th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

This is very disappointing news.

Tim on November 6th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Noooooooooo!

Heather on November 6th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Noooo, I love these guys! I truly hope you don’t retire their act it would be such a disappointment to not be able to see them again!

Julia from OH on November 6th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

So sad to hear this news! Billy Hill & the Hillbillies are a Disney tradition!!!

Mukta from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:04 pm

This is terrible news! I love them so much and I see them all of the time. I guess I’ll be watching the show weekly while I still have the chance.

Mitch on November 6th, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Wow, this is truly a disappointment. We’ve enjoyed this show for the last 6 years since we’ve taken our daughters to Disneyland. I can’t imagine even going without them!

Cynthia from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Nooooo!!! I LOVE the Billys and try to see a show every time I visit the park (at least 2-3x a month). They will be missed.

Stacey on November 6th, 2013 at 9:07 pm

This is seriously sad! I remember watching the Billies when I was younger and laughing so hard, and watching my mom laugh so much that she could barely sit in her chair. After her passing 8 years ago, the Billies and Pirates have been comfort attractions to me as well as favorite entertainment at the park. I can’t imagine Disneyland without the Billies :’(“””

Jessica on November 6th, 2013 at 9:15 pm

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This better be a joke. I love the Billys. They can’t retire!

Linda from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:27 pm

kim from WA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:31 pm

This makes me sad.

Terry from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Will they perform at the golden Horseshoe still???

Craig from AZ on November 6th, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Twenty years is an amazing run for any live show. Thanks to all of the Billys for their many performances at Disneyland. Never a bad show from them, no matter where they played. They will be missed, but remembered fondly.

Roxanne from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Jan. 6th will be a sad day. We will miss all the Billys. At least we have the Holiday season to spend as much time with them as possible.

Ryan from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Well, this is pretty much awful news.

Melissa on November 6th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Terrible news. :(

John from OR on November 6th, 2013 at 9:49 pm

It’s so sad to see them go. I only caught their show once (last year), but they were great. I’m glad I got to see them.

Ashleigh on November 6th, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Such awful, sad news. An incredibly talented group of guys and one of the highlights of each trip. This makes me very unhappy, indeed.

Cheryl on November 6th, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I generally go along with the changes Disneyland makes under the rule that it will never be complete. However, this change makes no sense to me. The Billy shows are always packed. Why is this happening? Who can we contact to protest this decision?

Elisa on November 6th, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Oh this is so sad, I have been a Billy Fan for at least 15 yrs. there is nothing in the world like a good Billy show to make you laugh and forget about your cares

Betsy on November 6th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Sad to hear this, but glad I’ll be able to catch them one last time on my trip in a few weeks.

David from UT on November 6th, 2013 at 10:29 pm

This is a regular thing that we do as a family…..NOOOOOOOOO! Why are they going to change Billy and the boys?

JACQUELYN on November 6th, 2013 at 10:30 pm

No! This is so sad. I can’t believe it. Disneyland won’t be the same without them. They have been a tradition for my family since they first started. It is one of the first things we do when we get there and the last things we do before we leave. So glad I was able to bring all three of my boys to see them this last summer. So many memories. Thanks Kirk Wall (Billy) and all the other Billy’s for your amazing talent and the 20+ years you have been entertaining us devoted fans. God Bless!!

Chad from AZ on November 6th, 2013 at 10:40 pm

So Sad! We have loved watching this show for many years, and our children loved it each time. Thanks for the wonderful memories Billy, Billy, Billy, and Billy!!

Holly on November 6th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

When I had the opportunity to bring my grandparents to Disneyland, my grandpa would sit and watch them over and over while the rest of the family did other things. It would be great to make a DVD of the performances so we can continue to enjoy their antics for years to come.

Leslie from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Say it ain’t so!!! I LOVE the Billys – one of the things that makes Disneyland so special and worth going to again and again.

Irene on November 6th, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I am devastated. The Billys are my #1 entertainment group in the Park. The main reason I have an AP. I am beyond upset.

Andrea on November 6th, 2013 at 11:10 pm

This is the only live act I see everytime I go to Disneyland. They make me laugh and forget about the long lines I’ve been in that day. They will be missed my me and my family.

Pamela from OK on November 6th, 2013 at 11:27 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Seeing the Billys is always a huge highlight of my trips to Disneyland. I’m so saddened by this news, especially since now I know I’ll never see them again because I won’t make it back in that short amount of time. Please reconsider, Disneyland!!!

Laura on November 6th, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Very sad to read this! My favorite show DL resort. I always made it a priority to see them. The best!

Kerry from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Oh, no!!!! I’ve always loved the Billies. Keep them!!!!

Louella from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 11:49 pm

What?!?!?!? Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Fred from CA on November 6th, 2013 at 11:56 pm

This is a real shame. Still, thank you for the heads up, Erin.

Tammy on November 7th, 2013 at 12:23 am

As sad as this is, have you thought that maybe disney isn’t pulling the plug and maybe the band is ready to hang it up?

Theodore from CA on November 7th, 2013 at 12:24 am

Disappointed…..

Henry from CA on November 7th, 2013 at 12:28 am

I know that people retire and this group has given the park 20 great years of fun and entertainment. I hope “Billy” and the rest boys enjoy retirement and I want to thank them for years of laughs and giggles.

Janet from CA on November 7th, 2013 at 12:30 am

Thanks for being a special part of my memories. The best of those were when you were in the Golden Horseshoe. Best wishes to all of you. You are already missed.

Steven on November 7th, 2013 at 12:30 am

Please no! Really? Many, many fond memories of the Billies bringing the house down with awesome music and perfected comedy routines. One of those great discoveries people can make in the park. Every performance I have attended ended up in a packed house. One the music started, people would gravitate to the entrance to see what was going on, then stay for the rest of the show. The loss of this show will equate to a significant loss of character for Frontierland.

Kathleen on November 7th, 2013 at 12:32 am

Oh my gosh – I actually let out an audible gasp when I read this. This is such sad news. They are the lifeblood of Frontier Land.

Corene from BC on November 7th, 2013 at 12:56 am

I agree with all the sentiments above. Billy Hill & the Hillbillies are fantastic! We’ve made the trip down 4 times in the past 11 months from Canada & make a point to see their show every time. Even in September when the Ranch was closed & they were just playing outside the petting zoo area on the side of the trail – they give it their all & are fantastic every time. Very sad to see them go. Love you & will miss you Billies!

Paul on November 7th, 2013 at 1:16 am

Hey Kirk & Company….gonna’ miss you guys! Especially those “teeth”!

Jason on November 7th, 2013 at 1:23 am

I really hope they let them do their Christmas show inside the golden horseshoe since this is going to be the end of their run :(

Margo on November 7th, 2013 at 3:14 am

This is so sad!! I have been a enjoying the Billy’s for many years. Love how they make everyone laugh and have a awesome time at their shows!! I will miss you all very much!! Thank you for all the hours of joy and laughter you brought me and everyone who came to see your show!!

Katie on November 7th, 2013 at 4:41 am

this makes my heart hurt. I’ve already been missing their show in the golden horseshoe and now they are leaving for good I’m so sad. plus the what are the Dapper Dans going to say instead of “if you didn’t enjoy this we are Billy Hill and the Hillbillies”

June on November 7th, 2013 at 8:58 am

No!!!!! My family and I love Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. We’ve had the pleasure to see them perform the five times that we’ve made the trek to Disneyland. They just make me laugh and laugh every time that I see them. I plan to visit Disneyland this coming summer and my visit will not be the same without seeing this charming and hilarious act. So bummed at this news. Truly disappointed to hear this.