Disney's Electrical Parade

‘Glow With the Show’ Debuts at Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights Tonight at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on November 8th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

GOL826616SMALL

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of the most resplendent holiday sights you can see on Walt Disney World Resort property this time of year – and starting tonight, it’s about to get brighter.

GOL826617SMALL

Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights debuted at the park in 1995, and has since grown to feature more than 5 million lights, animated holiday displays, music and so much more! “Glow With The Show” ears, which debuted at the park’s nightly performances of “Fantasmic!” earlier this fall, will enhance this holiday offering beginning tonight. Ear hats can be purchased at merchandise locations throughout the park, or you can bring ear hats previously purchased at other Disney Parks to wear – they operate on the same technology and will work.

Will you head out to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to experience this for yourself this holiday season? Tell us in the “Comments” section below! (And thanks to Gene Duncan for the photos!).

To learn more about “Glow With the Show,” read these posts below:

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Kevin from NJ on November 8th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

In the second picture, is she wearing a Glow With The Show Santa hat? Or did she modify her own hat? If that’s a Glow Santa hat, I must have one!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 11th, 2013 at 9:44 am

I believe those were a homemade adjustment to “regular” Glow Ears.

Laurie from NS on November 8th, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Our WDW Christmas was our best Christmas, EVER! It is a truly magical time to visit! Wish we could spend every Christmas at Disney.

Gordon from TX on November 8th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Do the glow with the show ears sold at WDW work at the DLR in California???
Can’t wait to get my ears in December!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 8th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Yes. All Glow Ear hats sold at Disney Parks will work at any park that has ear-hat entertainment.

Gordon from TX on November 8th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

This looks like it’ll be fun….waiting for the video!!!

Mark on November 8th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

My partner and I are going to WDW on the Saturday just after Thanksgiving and I can hardly wait to see the Osborne family lights. My friend (who is also a big Disney fan) said that this is the most “Christmasy” part of his family’s visit to Disney World last December so I’m really looking forward to it. I’m also looking forward to getting the glowing Mickey ears to wear. They look really cool! Happy Holidays everybody.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 11th, 2013 at 9:44 am

It’s a blast! I hope you enjoy it, Mark.

Shawn on November 8th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I already have my Glow with the Show ears. I can’t wait to test them out at these venues.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 11th, 2013 at 9:44 am

Have fun!

amy on November 8th, 2013 at 5:36 pm

we are leaving two weeks from today! I can’t wait to go to Hollywood Studios and see the lights with my new ears! The Christmas season at Disney always makes our holiday more festive. Its a family tradition. This is our 6th year in a row to go.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 11th, 2013 at 9:45 am

Have fun, Amy!

Ethan on November 8th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Where are Disney World can we buy these ears? What stores exactly?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 11th, 2013 at 9:46 am

Look for them at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at: Beverly Sunset, Once Upon A Time, Mickeys of Hollywood and Head to Toe (plus merchandise carts).

At Magic Kingdom Park you can find them at Chapeau, Emporium and various merchandise carts.

Christopher from CA on November 8th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Do the lights continue to run during EMH?

Kyna from CA on November 9th, 2013 at 4:06 am

@Kevin, so far only one version of the glow with the show ears has been spotted for sale. Pretty sure that santa hat is simply a regular hat with slits cut for the light up ears. It’s a great way to temporarily decorate your ears GwtS ears. We are planning how to Christmasfy ours right now!