Astro Orbitor at Disneyland Park

Magic Kingdom Park Makes Disney History As All Walt Disney World Parks Go Turnstile Free

posted on November 27th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Earlier today, Magic Kingdom Park reached a milestone in Disney history when the park’s final touch point entry system was unveiled at the park – a moment that signified that all Walt Disney World Resort park entrances are now turnstile free.

TSF982651

The first park to trade turnstiles for touch point entries was Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, which became the first turnstile-free park in late February. Similar replacements have taken place at parks across Walt Disney World property throughout the year, making it easier than ever for guests – especially large groups, or families with strollers or wheelchairs – to enter the park together. To enter a park, guests now simply touch their ticket media, Annual Pass or MagicBand (in testing) to the touch point on their way into the park. Cast members are still stationed at entrances to greet guests and assist when needed.

One of those cast members is Awilda Martinez, who has worked at the main entrance of Magic Kingdom Park for more than 30 years, and has personally seen the difference the new touch point entry system has made for guests visiting the park.

“The guests love the new entrances. It’s all been positive. Even children get a smile on their face when they see the green light. They’ve never seen anything like this before in their lives!”

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, My Disney Experience, MyMagic+, Walt Disney World Resort

Eric from MA on November 27th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Aww, I thought it said “All MK turnstiles are free”! ;)

Michael on November 27th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I love these new turnstiles! As a passholder I can’t wait to get to try them out with a MagicBand!(I also can’t wait to make Fastpass+ reservations :) )

Kyle on November 27th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Great to hear the new system is working well. My family just came back and loved it!

Jason on November 27th, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Are there plans to bring this to DLR or DCA any time soon?

Craig on November 27th, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Very exciting, congrats Disney and Awilda! See you in February,

Michelle from BC on November 27th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I loved the new Magic Bands, it made everything easy on our recent trip…No more cards to carry! I just hope there are plans to do this at Disneyland before we get there in 272 days!

Kim on November 27th, 2013 at 7:54 pm

How did we ever live without MyMagic+?

Also second the question about DL/DCA.

Esther on November 27th, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Yippee!!! i <3 Disney World!

Nick on November 28th, 2013 at 2:18 am

Please tell me this service is coming to Disneyland at some point?

alan on November 28th, 2013 at 3:28 am

Where can I get one of the old turnstiles?

Terri on November 28th, 2013 at 9:03 am

The magic bands are so convenient…..just put it on and forget it….no more worries about loosing your card….or always digging in your purse to find it every time you use it……touch and go…..best idea ever !!

Laura on November 28th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

What happens to Fast pass for Guests who do not have the Magic Band?

Emilee on November 30th, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Hello

Can someone please tell me what you have to do if you have a magic your way card ticket

Michelle on November 30th, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Magic Bands worked great on our last trip! For Fastpass and purchases too! Loved not having to fumble with tickets and worry about pulling them out and putting them away!

Kelsey on November 30th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

ive seen some Passholders say how happy they are for the magicbands but passholders do NOT get to use magicbands as their tickets.. I personally saw this just 2 weeks ago when I took my family and had a family member in FL meet us. she got a hotel room and was issued a band like we had and she could not use it as her pass… linked to her hotel room yes but not as her pass. and from what ive read I don’t think they plan on giving bands to passholders..

Janice on November 30th, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Just got back from WDW and got to use the new magic bands. It had some good qualities and some bad qualities. You can only have 3 fast passes per day on the band, which is bad when you park hop, and it didn’t read our fast passes in MK. Thank goodness my sister had her phone so she could look them up and show them we had the fast passes. Hated to have to use the phone for everything while we are walking around the park. They still had us carry our resort cards and park tickets with us incase something happened. Didn’t really see much of a benefit.

Dana from MA on November 30th, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Went down in April and again in Sept. and they were so easy to use. Can’t wait to use them with the magic band. Does anyone know if you can use a magic band with tickets from AAA?

Gary on December 1st, 2013 at 12:15 am

We loved using the Magic Bands when we visited 2 weeks ago, cannot wait for the West Coast to use them as well, sure cuts down the time to enter, and SO easy to use!

Jim on December 1st, 2013 at 2:31 am

I LOVE the MagicBands! We used them this summer and it made things so much easier. You use it for everything from entering the Park to buying your snacks and meals. The only problem I had was with the gate at the hotel…the angle was wrong for where you had to touch…I had to take off the band to hit it I the right spot. It would be an easy fix if they mounted sideways you could tap it easily. Other then that it made things so much easier…the fast pass option was the best! No more running to the ride to get your pass, just go online and set up your times. It gave you a few different options of times to choose from, we just chose the one the worked the best for us. It gives you plenty of time to get to your next fast pass. I LOVE THE MAGIC BAND!

Jordan on December 1st, 2013 at 10:33 am

I can’t wait to try these out on our vacation in the spring! Hopefully we’ll have some Magic Bands to go with it!

Jackie on December 7th, 2013 at 5:55 pm