Grizzly River Run

Meet Stephen Twining from Twinings of London at Disney Parks in November 2013

posted on November 15th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

TTO827611SMALL

In a previous Disney Parks Blog article, I shared how much I love coffee. After my two morning cups, I like to round out my afternoon with delicious cup of tea. Fortunately, I have many great choices for tea thanks to Twinings of London. This company has had a long partnership with Disney Parks. This past summer, they became the exclusive provider for teas offered in many restaurants throughout Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. This month, Stephen Twining, a tenth-generation member of the famous tea family, will be meeting with guests during special events held in Florida and California. To prepare for his appearance at Epcot, I visited The Tea Caddy shop in the United Kingdom Pavilion to see what items we currently offer.

TTO827612SMALL

The Tea Caddy is one of the first shops you’ll find located just off the World Showcase promenade in Epcot. The location is home to an extensive assortment of teas, both boxed and loose, from Twinings. I was surprised to see just how many different teas were offered in this location. They have even started carrying K-Cups for those with Keurig brewing machines.

TTO827613THUMB TTO827614THUMB

The location also contains an assortment of tea sets, pots and cups (I was a fan of the cat-covered tea pot).

Stephen, who joined Twinings in 1985, now serves as Director of Corporate Relations for Twinings of London. At the upcoming appearances, he will be meeting with guests and signing tea boxes. There will also be demonstrations on how to make both cold and hot teas. Guests in Florida can meet Stephen at the Tea Caddy location on November 15-16 from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day.

Stephen will be meeting with guests at Disneyland Resort on November 22. He will be at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe located inside Disneyland park from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. that day. There will also be an assortment of teas and items offered for sale at Candy Palace on Main Street, U.S.A.

TTO827615SMALL

With all this talk of tea, I brewed a cup of one of my favorite teas, Earl Grey (hot, of course). Do you have a favorite Twinings tea? Please share in the comments below.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

Betsy on November 15th, 2013 at 10:54 am

Tell me a little about this Epcot mug. Is it available for sale? It’s adorable.

Steven Miller on November 15th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

@Betsy – The mug is coming soon. When I saw it in the home and decor showroom, I couldn’t resist including it in this article. The mug was sculpted by Disney Design Group artist Lin Shih who you may recall from the Radio Disney Music Awards – http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/behind-the-scenes-look-at-creating-vinylmation-inspired-ardy-for-radio-disney-music-awards/

Cvetka on November 15th, 2013 at 11:12 am

The Lady Grey tea is just delightful. Really enjoy it. Twinings used to make a Green Apple Chamomile that is just wonderful. I have a hard time finding it anymore. Last boxes I received were from Vancouver where a friend of mine found them. I’m really hoarding the boxes I have and enjoy them this time of year.

Steven Miller on November 15th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

@Cvetka – Wow! That sounds delicious, especially on a brisk fall day :)

Jonathan on November 15th, 2013 at 11:16 am

That’s exactly what I was thinking Betsy– is it a current mug?!

BTW, Merchandise Guest Services found the pwp throw on Tuesday just like you said!!! Now I’m just trying to find the sku for a deluxe print of Mickey playing a ukulele and Minnie in a hula skirt that’s with the other Tiki Room 50th merchandise before I order the throw!! :)

Steven Miller on November 15th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

@Jonathan – Awesome! Glad they could find it. I’ll have to check with the Arts & Collectibles team as I’m unsure about that item number. The mug is coming soon.

Melissa on November 15th, 2013 at 11:38 am

I love the Winter Spice tea, one of the ones we picked up on our trip to Epcot last month!

Steven Miller on November 15th, 2013 at 2:09 pm

@Melissa – Yes! I have some of that in my office. It’s delicious.

Leslie on November 15th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Where can I find that Spaceship Earth mug? I love it!

Bob on November 15th, 2013 at 11:49 am

I love Twinings Tea! Wish I was heading down to Walt Disney World this month. It would be nice to meet Stephen at The Tea Caddy.

kelly on November 15th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Yes, I definitely want to know about that mug… I’ll be there next week!

Benjamin on November 15th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I love me some tea, but what I’m most curious about is that Spaceship Earth mug! Where can I get one?

Steven Miller on November 15th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

@Leslie, Kelly and Benjamin – Glad to know you are interested in the mug. I love it too. Consider it a first look at the mug that is coming soon to Disney Parks. It’s beautiful!

Kim on November 15th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

I am sipping a Lady Grey now, but I start every day with an Irish Breakfast.

Love the Epcot mug. I will be looking for it in Epcot in March!

Dustin on November 15th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

English Breakfast and Darjeeling! Will have to stop by this shop when we visit later this month for the Holidays. Bravo Mr. Twinings and Disney!

Robert from FL on November 15th, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Must. Have. EpCup!

Steven Miller on November 18th, 2013 at 9:39 am

@Robert – Ha ha ha! “EpCup” … good one :)

Christine on November 15th, 2013 at 8:08 pm

I’m slightly addicted to the Mixed Berry Cold Brew tea. I’m a busy full-time mom/ part-time Registered Nurse. By the time I brew hot tea and actually get to drink it, it’s practically cold! That’s why I love the Cold Brew tea!

Perhaps our paths will cross at Disneyland on Nov. 22nd. We will be in the midst of our visit to the theme parks!

Steven Miller on November 18th, 2013 at 9:40 am

@Christine – That sounds wonderful – I haven’t tried that one yet. I hope you have a great trip to Disneyland!

Karen from MA on November 16th, 2013 at 8:52 am

I drink Twinings exclusively – love the Irish Breakfast. I also drink English Breakfast & English Afternoon teas.
Wish I at WDW to meet Mr. Twining!

Sheila on November 16th, 2013 at 11:09 am

I love the tea pot with the kitties on it! Is it available at Disneyland or online. I live in California.

Steven Miller on November 18th, 2013 at 9:43 am

@Sheila – The teapot isn’t currently offered online or at Disneyland Resort. It is found in the United Kingdom at Epcot. You may try contacting our Merchandise Guest Services team either by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com.

When contacting them, please reference this item number – 400279555001.

Kristhine on November 16th, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Tea, Earl Grey. Hot. I’m not ashamed to admit that I first started to drink tea because of a certain Starfleet captain. I’ll actually be in Disneyland on the 22nd – looking forward to meeting Mr. Twining!

Steven Miller on November 18th, 2013 at 9:44 am

@Kristhine – Fantastic! Nice to meet a fellow fan :)

Claire on November 17th, 2013 at 6:36 am

African Rooibos

Martha on November 18th, 2013 at 8:23 am

During a recent WDW trip I came down with a dreaded cold. Stopped by the Epcot pavilion to pick up some Twinnings “chicken soup” – Lady Grey tea and a packet of “Mickey” shortbread cookies to sooth away my miseries. Worked like a dream.

Kathryn on November 20th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

This looks amazing!

Richard from MD on November 25th, 2013 at 9:44 am

I met Stephen Twinings yesterday (11/24/13) and told him that I enjoy their teas, especially Earl Grey, but my favorite tea was from a competitor. I asked him to recommend similar teas and he mentioned three that were similar. I bought Honeybush, Mandarin & Orange on the spot and can’t wait to try it out. They were also handing out samples of a special holiday blend which was tasty. We’ll be back next week to buy that blend.