The Orbitron in Tomorrowland at Hong Kong Disneyland

Meet the Disney Chefs Behind This Year’s Gingerbread Houses at Walt Disney World in November 2013

posted on November 11th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

Gingerbreadfixed1

This month, beautiful gingerbread houses are returning to select Disney Resorts at Walt Disney World Resort. As done in previous years, the Disney pin team has created several new limited-edition pins inspired by these marvelous creations. Jeanne Lewis, merchandiser for Disney pins, said the Disney pastry chefs selected each of the characters found on the pin designs. Here are some details about what you can expect, and how you can meet the chefs behind these holiday displays.

Gingerbread2

The pin for Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa this year commemorates the 15th anniversary of their gingerbread house. I was happy to see the infamous five-legged goat from the Grand Canyon Concourse made it to the Disney’s Contemporary Resort pin (I adore that mural created by Disney Legend Mary Blair). The gingerbread design at Disney’s Boardwalk is new this year. The pin features Mickey Mouse dressed like he is working in turn of the century soda shop (and now I want an ice cream milkshake!).

Gingerbreadfixed2

Here are the dates and times to meet the talented Disney chefs this month.

November 15

• Meet pastry chef Jeff Barnes at Disney’s Contemporary Resort from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

November 16

• Meet executive chef Erich Herbitschek from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

November 18

November 29

• Pastry chef Matt Avery will be meeting with Guests from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Disney’s Boardwalk.

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

Gayle from IN on November 11th, 2013 at 2:34 pm

YAY! We will be there on Nov. 18. So excited for this opportunity at my favorite resort – Beach Club! Where do we go? At the display? Inquire at Guest Services?

Steven Miller on November 11th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

@Gayle – How wonderful! I hope you had a great trip. From my understanding, the event will take place near the gingerbread display.

Josh on November 11th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Where are the pins available? All four of them are so fun!

Steven Miller on November 11th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

@Josh – Three of the pins will be released at their respective resorts starting November 14. They include Disney’s Contemporary, Disney’s Beach Club and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resorts.

The pin for Disney’s Boardwalk will be released on November 29 at the Resort.

Jonathan on November 11th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Steven, is there any update if there will be a purchase-with-purchase fleece throw this year? It seems merchandise guest services doesn’t have one yet, and usually it’s out by now! (I think this would be the first year in a long time if they don’t!)

Steven Miller on November 11th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

@Jonathan – I spoke with our planning team who said the throw should be coming to locations this week. I would check starting tomorrow. I know it exists as I phtographed it last week. The photo will be used for in-room advertising at select Disney Resort hotels.

Ethan on November 11th, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Where will the pins be sold at the resorts? Within the gift shops inside or at some special location? I have to get that Remy one… I collect Ratatouille pins!!

Steven Miller on November 13th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

@Ethan – From my understanding, the pins will be sold at the respective Resorts. Upon their release, I would check in the merchandise locations at each Resort first.

Julie on November 14th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

@Steven !!! Very adorable pins! However me and my friend both live in Oklahoma and have no way to get there to the resort to get a pin. We are lifelong gingerbread collectors and would love one or all of these pins! How can we get one? Would I have to find someone to come TO the park to get them for us? And what is the fleece throw mentioned? Thank you so much!

Ethan on November 14th, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Go my pin at Grand Floridian. Love it! So glad to see Remy on the pin. Tell the people who came up with this that I said THANK YOU and to keep the good pin releases up here in WDW.

Patty from FL on November 16th, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Yeah! There is one of the answers I was looking for! Thank you Ethan. It’s easy enough to check the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary when I hit MK tomorrow. Let’s see if I can get my husband to hit Beach Club and Boardwalk, since they are not on the Resort Loop.

I wish I could live at WDW!

Samantha on December 2nd, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Hello,
We came to visit last year and met with the lady Pastry Chef who was doing demonstrations. I can’t remember her name, but it was a great visit. She even handed us a Ginger Bread house she just decorated.

Can you tell me where we can get the edible characters and such that she puts on the houses?
Thanks