Disneyland Monorail

Memorable Disney Musical Moments Featured in New CD Boxed Set at Disney Parks

posted on November 5th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

DCM377616SMALL

You may recall from previous Disney Parks Blog articles that I’m a big fan of Disney music. I recently shared details about two new official music albums from Disney Parks that were released in August 2013. This time, I have details about a new four disc boxed set that contains classic Disney musical moments spanning the nearly entire 90 year history of The Walt Disney Company. This set was recently introduced in select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts a few weeks earlier than the worldwide release on November 11, 2013.

DCM377617SMALL

Long-time Disney music producer Randy Thornton divided the set into four themes – Disney Modern Classics, Disney Timeless Classics, Disney Theme Park Classics and Disney Television Classics. Randy selected some of the most iconic Disney music to fit each theme including “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf,” “Mickey Mouse March,” “Be Our Guest,” “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” and much more. In total, there are 94 different tracks included in the set. In addition to compact discs, the set will also be offered as a digital download on sites like the Disney Music Store or iTunes.

After looking at the track listing, I began thinking about my favorite Disney song. I’ve shared in previous articles how I adore any music created for Epcot, yet I had to think for a moment about my all-time favorite Disney tune.

DCM377618SMALL

When I was younger, I enjoyed listening to Disney Read-A-Long storybooks on a portable Mickey Mouse record player (“You’ll know it’s time to turn the page when you hear the chimes ring like this”). I loved the story of “The Aristocats,” as it contained what I now identify as my favorite song, “Everybody Wants to be a Cat” (France, cats, jazz – all the things I dig today!). I was happy to see it was included in the new set.

Now it’s your turn. What is your favorite Disney song? Please share in the comments below.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

tom on November 5th, 2013 at 11:07 am

How much will this set be? I smell a great Christmas gift for the wife!

Rebecca on November 5th, 2013 at 11:08 am

How much will it retail for? (:

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

@Tom and Rebecca – The set has a retail of $49.98 (plus tax). The item number is 400007826564.

Mike on November 5th, 2013 at 11:15 am

Both songs from CoP and Universe of Energy!

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

@Mike – Great choices! After all, energy makes the world go ’round :)

Jeff from OH on November 5th, 2013 at 11:25 am

Wow, this is next to impossible to list a favorite Disney song.

If i would pick one it would be Beauty and the Beast – Tale As Old As Time song.

Jungle book – Bare Necessities would be a close second.

Steven great write up.

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

@Jeff – Thanks! You are correct – it’s a tough choice. I like your selections. But only if the “Bare Necessities” is sung by Tom Hiddleston :)

Frank on November 5th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Once Upon a Dream….from my fave Disney movie….

Ian on November 5th, 2013 at 11:33 am

Hands down, my favorite Disney song has to be “The Adventurers Club All Purpose Theme Song”!

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

@Ian – Kungaloosh!

Annemarie on November 5th, 2013 at 11:36 am

I’ve always loved “He’s a Tramp.” Rrrawr!

Craig from AZ on November 5th, 2013 at 11:44 am

I have two favorite songs. First, the absolutely timeless “When You Wish Upon a Star.” The lyrics, the music… they remind me of both the classic movie and standing underneath Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in Disneyland. Great memories from both.

Also Christophe Beck’s absolutely amazing “Paperman” score makes me stop what I’m doing any time it’s on. I can see that short played out in my head, and it’s awesome.

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

@Craig – Everything about “Paperman” is incredible! Love, love, love that animated short. Thanks for sharing your memories. :)

James on November 5th, 2013 at 11:50 am

A “Kitchen Kabaret” medley from “Food Rocks”?

Katherine on November 5th, 2013 at 11:54 am

While it is almost impossible to pick one ultimate favorite, I really love “I See the Light” from Tangled. It is such a beautiful, touching song.

Heather on November 5th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Hi Steven, just wondering if the recordings are the original versions or recently recorded just for this collection? Thank you!

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

@Heather – The tracks are the original recordings.

Steve on November 5th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Tomorrow’s Child from Spaceship Earth

Kevin on November 5th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Darkwing Duck theme! YES! Shut up and take my money!

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

@Kevin – Let’s get dangerous!

Melissa on November 5th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Oh my goodness! I feel like I’ve waited for this forever! The Kitchen Kaberet AND Darkwing Duck?!?! My life will now be complete!!!! Thank you Disney!!! :-)

Paulo on November 5th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Not sure if I am blind and can’t see it. But, did the Electrical Parade song make the list?

Steven Miller on November 5th, 2013 at 3:46 pm

@Paulo – It doesn’t appear to be included in this set. I did find a track you can download on the Disney Music Store – http://www.DisneyMusicStore.com. Search “Disney’s Electrical Parade.”

Ryan on November 5th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

YES! I see a song from the Rescuers! I love that movie, It’s my favorite Disney Movie of all time! I wish Bernard and Bianca were in the Parks, I’d love to see them.

Jon on November 5th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

My favorite song is “Making Memories.” But more specifically, the Disney Sing Along-Songs “Disneyland Fun” version. Mostly because I love that video and all its retro late 80′s-early 90′s glory!

Elizabeth from FL on November 5th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Two Movie favorites, “I wanna be like you” from the Jungle Book and “Colors of the Wind” from Pocahontas and two attraction favorites, “Now is the Time” from Carousel of Progress and “Golden Dream” from The American Adventure. There are so many great Disney classics though it is really hard to choose.

I always seem to whistle whatever I have heard last!

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 11:52 am

@Elizabeth – “Golden Dreams” is the best. After all these years, I still tear up at the montage of Martin Luther King, Jr. speaking and the Apollo 11 moon landing.

Donna on November 5th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I am so excited to learn about this set and it will be added to my Christmas want list. To pick a favorite song is next to impossible as I enjoy most of them and the memories each song gives me when I hear it.

By the way, you haven’t changed much since you were a child! Cute picture. Thanks for sharing. Who knew when that picture was taken, that you would be such a part of the Disney magic today!

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

@Donna – Thank you for the kind comment. My mother and I reminisced yesterday about that photo. I certainly didn’t think I would be doing what I do today way back then. I particularly liked the orange carpet :)

amanda on November 5th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

My favorite attraction songs is from the fireworks show “Remember Dreams Come True”because it showcases all the wonderful attractions that Disneyland has now and then and also what I love the most especially Julie Andrews narrated it! My favorite Disney movie songs are “He’s A Tramp”,”Thomas O’Malley Cat”, ” Chim Chim Cher-Ee “the version that Bert and Mary Poppins sing together also the “Monkey’s Uncle” with Annette Funicello & The Beach Boys that they sing!!!!

Nick on November 5th, 2013 at 5:52 pm

So cool to have Ducktales, Darkwing, and Rescue Rangers themes all on one CD! How come no Talespin though?

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

@Nick – Great question. I’m unsure why that song wasn’t included. I guess the producer had to make certain cuts. It’s a pretty catchy tune – “Spin it!”

Ryan from NC on November 5th, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Going to be spending a bit of time at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort later this week, any chance the set could be found there ahead of the release?

As for favorite songs, I’ve always been a sucker for The Ballad of Davy Crockett, dressed up like him for Halloween once or twice too!

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

@Ryan – I called the team at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort. Unfortunately, they do not have this set. I hope, however, that you have a great trip. I really need to get back there. It’s so relaxing! And great choice on the song. My father likes to sing that one.

Jason on November 5th, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Definitely the “MERRILY SONG” from Toad Hall. May I request in the future a album that specializes in instrumental music, which includes the COMPLETE music hear at Mr. Toad? I literally just stand inside Toad Hall just to listen to the wonderful instrumental music of Mr. Toad. This request includes the INSTRUMENTAL version of the ‘Merrily Song’, the dangerous tune hear on the wharf and the friendly music in the “hot” place. Please and thank you!!! :)

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

@Jason – That makes two of us :) Noted and shared.

david on November 5th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Other than ANY music from The Haunted Mansion(I especially like listening to the individual tracks of “Grim Grinning Ghosts” That are used in the graveyard scene) I really like the music from Splash Mountain! I find it catchy! Your HM Pal, David in Ohio

John from OR on November 5th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

My favorite is Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins. It’s been said that it was also Walt’s favorite. I don’t know for sure if it’s true, but it truly is a wonderful song.

Juliana on November 5th, 2013 at 10:45 pm

It’s so hard to just pick one! I have to go with “Promise” from the end of Illuminations. I brings me to tears every single time.

On a side note, love the Underoos!!! :)

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 2:30 pm

@Juliana – That’s a great choice! I love hearing the entire Tapestry of Nations soundtrack after Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. One of my all time favorite parades. And thanks for noticing some of my other items in that photo. They were a big hit when I was younger :)

Andrea on November 6th, 2013 at 4:07 am

Hi Steven! First, I’d like to say your childhood pic is Very Cool! And second, I’d like to know where I can find this boxed set of music in WDW? Going to be there the first two weeks in December for my 20th wedding anniversary & this would make a “perfect” gift for my husband and I!

Thanks Much, Andrea

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

@Andrea – Thank you for the comment. More importantly, congratulations on your upcoming milestone anniversary. How wonderful! I wish you many more happy years together. The CD set sounds like a great gift.

I would check in big merchandise locations like World of Disney or Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney Marketplace. In Parks, I would look at Emporium in Magic Kingdom, Mouse Gear at Epcot, The Writers Stop in Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Island Mercantile at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

KIMBERLY on November 6th, 2013 at 7:57 am

Call me old-fashioned, but the one song that for me epitomizes all things Disney would have to be “When You Wish Upon A Star”. Next would be “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah”. The theme from the Main Street Electrical Parade is also a favorite!

Dan on November 6th, 2013 at 9:22 am

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes from Cinderella. Love the message and sentiment of this song. It’s become my life’s theme song. I love it’s message of hope.

Steven Miller on November 6th, 2013 at 2:34 pm

@Dan – I agree! I think so many Disney songs have a nice optimistic look at life. I love that!

chris on November 6th, 2013 at 10:14 am

I love this collection, just upset that a spoonful of sugar was chosen instead of supercalifragiliciousaspealadocious or chim chimney.

Anthony on November 6th, 2013 at 10:27 am

There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is always my favorite. Love the Carousel of Progress!

Traci on November 6th, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty is my favorite all-time Disney song! Love the classics!

Joy on November 6th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I love the way Disney music brings back so many happy memories & have to have this new collection! I loved those read along story books, too, but my favorite song of all time is GIVE A LITTLE WHISTLE. :-)

Felipe on November 6th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Rainbow Connection is my favorite!

Skip from FL on November 6th, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Favorite: Soarin’; with Main Street Electrical Parade a close second.
It would be nice to hear If You Had Wings again (Eastern Airlines).

Steven Miller on November 11th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

@Skip – If You Had Wings … such great music!!

Aleen on November 6th, 2013 at 9:31 pm

I want this set. I love listening to Disney music all the time.

Corene from BC on November 7th, 2013 at 12:59 am

That is a FANTASTIC photo Steven! Adorable!

Steven Miller on November 11th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

@Corene – Thank you. It’s funny to look back on that photo. I never would have dreamed I get to do what I do today for Disney. :)

Jessica on November 10th, 2013 at 2:44 am

My favorite besides Meg’s song from Hercules is I Can Go the Distance. I’m surprised they couldn’t fit that in. It’s a very inspiring song. And also, Jim’s theme/song from Treasure Planet was very good too.

Jessica on November 10th, 2013 at 2:45 am

Parkwise…I can’t get enough of the Jungle Cruise boat house queue music from both parks…but they are 45+ min each lol!

Theresa on November 11th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Trying to find this and can’t! Does anyone know the link to the product? Help!

Steven Miller on November 11th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

@Theresa – You can find the album on http://www.DisneyMusicStore.com. I found it today by performing a key word search for “Disney Classics.”

Another option would be to contact our Merchandise Guest Services team and reference the following item number – 400007826564.

There are two options available to contact them: by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at
Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com Please note that applicable sales tax plus shipping and handling fees will apply.

Shannon on November 12th, 2013 at 9:18 am

I just got my copy and I’m listening to it right now! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing…

Skip from FL on November 12th, 2013 at 10:54 pm

#35 1/2 – Steven Miller
……….Indeed!

Michael from NC on November 17th, 2013 at 11:27 am

It’s always great to see a new music release from the vaults! There’s so much that we’d love to get our hands on – a Walt Disney World version of the Disneyland 50th anniversary set, for instance. There’s so much great music that has never been released – a box set of Epcot music alone would fly off the shelves!

Virgil on December 1st, 2013 at 11:48 am

Hi, where (or rather) is there a link for the CD set OR a phone number to call to order the CD set from? Thx, Virgil

Virgil on December 1st, 2013 at 11:49 am

oops! sorry, I now see the order info from eariler comments! THX anyway!!