Halloween at Walt Disney World Resort

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Returns To Magic Kingdom Park November 8

posted on November 1st, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Would you believe that we are only one week away from the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park?

Soldiers

In case you aren’t familiar, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a separate ticket event that takes place on select nights at Magic Kingdom Park throughout November and December. Parties give you an opportunity to celebrate with snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A., Disney characters in holiday attire, and very special entertainment offerings, including Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade and Cinderella Castle Dream Lights. For the first time this year, the Celebrate the Magic! castle projection show and Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks will be enhanced with “Glow With The Show” ears – what an amazing sight this will be!

Also new for this year, attendees can experience Jingle Cruise, the first-ever holiday transformation of the Jungle Cruise attraction, which will feature seasonal decor, new holiday jokes and more. Party goers can also pick up a complimentary, event exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card that features Donald’s nephews. And when it comes to character greeting opportunities, look for Merida’s Fairytale Garden to stay open for parties this year.

This year’s parties will take place from 7 p.m.-midnight on November 8, 11, 14, 15, 17, 21 and 22, and December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19 and 20. Tickets (which are separate from a regular park ticket) are already on sale now and purchasing ahead of time can actually save you money. Click here to learn more.

What’s your favorite part of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

To learn more about spending the holidays at Disney Parks, read these posts:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

Molly from FL on November 1st, 2013 at 11:05 am

are all the attractions open for the event? especially the new fantasyland stuffs?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 1st, 2013 at 11:15 am

Yes, many of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions are open for the party. New Fantasyland is amazing! Be sure to check it out.

Diana on November 1st, 2013 at 11:20 am

So, will Jingle Cruise be open starting on Nov. 8? Will it also be available during day hours? Looks like such an amazing experience! Hoping I won’t miss it when I’m there for W&D!

Todd on November 1st, 2013 at 11:23 am

My family booked this for my birthday this year. We are all excited to go!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 1st, 2013 at 11:31 am

It’s amazing! Be sure to take a camera. :)

Summer from CA on November 1st, 2013 at 11:53 am

Hi. Do we know when the parks will start the filming for the Christmas special yet? OR when the Candy Cane dates are?

James on November 1st, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Are they going to be doing something similar at Disneyland or DCA?

Cheryl from CA on November 1st, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I really wish they would do this at Disneyland here in California!!

Tammy on November 1st, 2013 at 8:50 pm

SO EXCITED! CAN’T WAIT! We’ll be there for opening night to show our “Disney Side” @ MVMCParty

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 4th, 2013 at 9:17 am

Sounds like a great plan, Tammy!

Victoria from VA on November 1st, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I absolutely love MVMCP! We have been to it three years in a row but sadly will not be able to attend this year and I am so bummed — I bet Glow with the Show is going to be awesome!

The Disney site used to have a very cute “book” about MVMCP where you could choose different things about the party you wanted to hear more about, but I don’t see it there anymore. :-( Any chance they’ll bring something like that back?

Marian from IL on November 2nd, 2013 at 12:39 am

I love all the beautiful decorations, the Christmas parade (especially Cinderella’s coach pulled by the adorable white ponies, the toy soldiers and Chip and Dale building a snowmunk). Holiday wishes and snow on Main Street are also big faves. We’ll be there in December and have some family coming with this time. I can’t wait!!! The countdown is on!!! Thanks for the great picture of the toy soldiers! :0)

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 4th, 2013 at 9:18 am

I can’t ever decide my favorite part of the parade – the toy soldiers or the miniature ponies! They’re both amazing sights to see.

Kelseyd on November 2nd, 2013 at 4:39 am

Can anybody help me ? I’ve tried every website I know to buy MVMCP tickets for partner, my parents and my twin boys (1st trip to disney) and myself. I’m from the UK and can’t get them anywhere, we all travel on the 21st off Dec this year. My boys are beyond excited and think they will be going (too young to grasp I can’t get tickets for love nor money) does anybody know where I can get them to make this a christmas truly magical for them ( PLEASE ? )
Thank You in advance. ( A very heartbroken mummy )
Kelsey, Liverpool, UK

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 4th, 2013 at 9:20 am

You can purchase tickets here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/purchase/

Jeanne from MN on November 2nd, 2013 at 11:27 am

You can order your tickets from their website

Kana on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I love MVMCP!! Can’t wait for this year’s one. Will “Celebrate the Season”, the castle show be on stage this this year??

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 4th, 2013 at 9:22 am

Yes, “Celebrate the Season” will be back this year.

DAVID on November 2nd, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I a planning a Disney trip next Thanksgiving. I see that there is no MVMCP scheduled for that week this year. Do they typically not have the MVMCP during that week ?

Hollie from IN on November 5th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

i REALLY want to go to the party but i can’t keep my 2 year old up that late and leaving after an hour is not worth the price… wish it started earlier!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 6th, 2013 at 8:38 am

Holiday decorations are up 24-7 at our parks, so anytime you visit during the holidays, there should be amazing photo opportunities!

Krithigha on November 5th, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Hi i visting magic kigndom on Nov 08 is there any way get 2 tickets for MVMCP

Holly on November 5th, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Can’t wait to go to MVMCP for the first time–just four weeks left until we are sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow fall on Main Street!!! I’ve really been looking forward to seeing the new castle projection show as well, but I can’t seem to find confirmation that it still runs when the dream lights are on the castle. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on November 6th, 2013 at 8:41 am

I can. Cinderella’s Holiday Wish, in which Fairy Godmother turns the castle into a glittering ice castle, happens nightly throughout the holiday season. For times, click here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/cinderellas-holiday-wish/

Veronica on November 7th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Super excited, we already have our tickets! We are going to Epcot in the morning, and then heading over there. I think I read that the doors open at 4 p.m. is that correct?