New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

Sign Up for a Chance to Tour Backstage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

posted on November 1st, 2013 by Thomas Smith, Social Media Director, Disney Parks

As a part of “Limited Time Magic,” we’re offering another rare opportunity at Disney Parks. This time, it’s a chance to join us for a unique and special backstage tour of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park led by members of our Animal Programs and Animal Health departments.

DAK Entrance

Each afternoon at 1 p.m. (ET) from November 4-8, 2013, a group of lucky guests will be invited to join us for a special walking tour at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. During each session, you’ll have a chance to tour backstage animal housing at the park and our state-of-the-art animal medical center. There may even be an opportunity to see some of the animals in the backstage environments.

There will be only one tour each afternoon – with 25 guests in each group. You may enter here for a chance to attend only one of the five tours being offered from November 4-8, 2013. Also, here are the rules for the drawing for the Tour Backstage at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park Sweepstakes at the Walt Disney World Resort.

Also, please remember the following for each drawing.

• All participants who sign up for the events, must be U.S. residents, who have reached the age of majority in their primary state of residence.
  • Each entry is valid for one participant only; winners will not be permitted to bring a guest.
  • Park admission will be provided as part of the event.
  • Selected participants will be assigned a tour date and time. There will be no changes or substitutions allowed.
  • Tour opportunities are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
  • Confirmation will be for the accepted registered winner only.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
  • Tours are subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary. Subject to complete Official Rules.

Filed: Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Mark on November 1st, 2013 at 12:11 pm

It is my birthday Friday the 8th and I will be there for the day. This would make a great Birthday visit. Hope I win.

Tracey on November 1st, 2013 at 12:27 pm

So excited about this! Fingers crossed!

Danielle on November 1st, 2013 at 12:27 pm

That looks so awesome! We are coming in for our first trip to WDW starting the 8th so we won’t be able to make this… fingers crossed that there is another Limited Time Magic event we can shoot for the following week. Would be the best way to add more magic to an already amazing trip.

William on November 1st, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I find it quite annoying that winners cannot bring a guest. Both myself and my wife registered for the two days we would be able to attend, but there is such a little chance that both of us would be selected, and then selected for the same tour! Disney World is a family place, and winners should be able to at least bring one guest.

Courtney on November 1st, 2013 at 1:14 pm

This would be amazing! Thanks Disney Parks Blog for the opportunity to win a rare look at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!

Philip on November 1st, 2013 at 1:38 pm

This one sounds amazing. Hope I get picked. Good Luck to all.

Alex on November 1st, 2013 at 2:10 pm

I will be there next week for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, I just wish I could take my wife or let her go in my place if I won as another anniversary gift.

Gary on November 1st, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Awesome!!!! I will be there celebrating my Birthday. This would be a real treat, a special gift from Mickey Mouse!!!!! My wife will be very jealous thou, because she’ll have to spend that time riding Everest while I’m touring! LOL

Eric from MA on November 1st, 2013 at 2:49 pm

“Guests must have reached the age of majority”?
Well, I guess I’m the same age as most people… ;)

John on November 1st, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Good luck to everyone who enters. I was fortunate enough to be drawn for the castles tour several weeks back. The tours really are an extra special treat. Not entering this one. Doesn’t work for my schedule this time.

Ethan on November 1st, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Oh PLEASE let my wife and I win this one!

Rochelle on November 1st, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I would gladly fly in from Utah for this (could use a bit of time by myself)!

Jennifer from FL on November 1st, 2013 at 4:08 pm

When do we find out the winners? My fingers are crossed for this one!!!

Gary on November 1st, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Selected Guests ( the winners ), will be emailed instructions on how to participate in the tour during the late afternoon on November 1, 2013.

Mariano from CA on November 1st, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Wish the entry period would close up a bit later in the day to enter for a chance at this. Many of us are working and cannot access the Internet while in the office.

Ethan on November 1st, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I got selected! Woohoo! I hope my wife does too otherwise I will feel bad for her.

Kristin from WI on November 1st, 2013 at 6:35 pm

How long is the tour scheduled to be? I was selected, but have plans that afternoon. Just wondering what time to tell my friends I will meet up with them again.

William on November 1st, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I have been picked to participate in this event. Unfortunately, I already have a tour scheduled for this date. Wish they picked a different date, now i cant go.

William on November 1st, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Excited to have been selected for a spot for the event!

Mariano from CA on November 2nd, 2013 at 12:02 am

Question. Is there like a stand by list to be added in case someone already selected is unable to go?

Christine from FL on November 2nd, 2013 at 1:32 am

So excited to have been chosen for this event! And was even more excited to find out my good friend got chosen for the same day! Got to love that disney pixie dust :)

Erica on November 2nd, 2013 at 11:44 am

I’m so excited to have been selected! Can’t wait!

Mary Kay from ON on November 2nd, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Too bad all these “special” events/tours are only for people living in the US.

Stuart from GA on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Hello

I have been a fan of Disney since I was a kid. That was about 50 years ago.

This Thursday I will be coming to WDW for five days with one of my friends. Both he and I will be celebrating our birthdays.

Additionally this is the first time I will have a chance to be at Disney since I returned from South Korea. I returned in August after being there for 9 years supporting the US military.

I hope that my friend and I will be picked to enjoy this outstanding, one of a kind, tour.

Stuart

Jenifer from DE on November 4th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I won this awesome, once in a lifetime opportunity and am so grateful. But the whole reason I’ll be in Disney is for my elementary-age daughter who has been saving every dollar she’s gotten since she was 4 to go back to the Animal Kingdom. She wants to be a vet at the AK when she grows up. Why can’t children go on the tour?? I can’t imagine doing this without her… So very grateful for the opportunity, but really hoping for some extra Disney magic to include her as well!

Ethan on November 4th, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Just got back from this tour today and it was AMAZING. One of the most magical things I have done at Disney. Really a job well done and a GREAT tour. Thanks Disney!

Shelley on November 6th, 2013 at 10:42 am

How long should we expect the tour to last? Wondering what time to meet my family afterwards.

Ethan on November 6th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Tour lasts an hour. Plan 15 min before and after.