The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure Park

Vintage Walt Disney World: Timekeeper Debuts at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on November 21st, 2013 by Nate Rasmussen, Archivist, Marketing Resource Center

Today, back in 1994, the Timekeeper opened at the Metropolis Science Center in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park
L4-13jlkjlkjl

Hosted by a wacky robotics tour director named Timekeeper, this Circle-Vision 360 movie took guests in their “time-machine” theater through dramatic moments in the past and also into the future. The show was based on the French version, “Le Visionarium,” which played at Disneyland Paris beginning in 1992.
L4-57kjhkjhkjh

Although the Timekeeper is no longer making guests laugh, Mike Wazowski and friends have picked up where he left off at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland.

Filed: Disney History, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

Ricardo from TX on November 21st, 2013 at 9:17 am

Wow! This brought me good memories of my very first visit to the Magic Kingdom in 1996! Thanks for posting this!

Nate Rasmussen on November 21st, 2013 at 12:36 pm

You are welcome. :)

Rafael from SP on November 21st, 2013 at 9:33 am

Nate, I love your posts. Do you know what happened to the Timekeeper after the ride was shut? Did they dismantled it or used on another attraction? Thanks!

Nate Rasmussen on November 21st, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Thanks, I’m glad you enjoy my posts! Good news, my sources tell me that the Timekeeper is still around at WDW.

Melanie from FL on November 21st, 2013 at 10:21 am

So many great quotes from this attraction!

“There goes Suzanne Somers pulled by a blender-fish.”

“Please do not sit on the lean rails because they’re there to lean on.”

“Big teeth, brain the size of a walnut.”

Classic Robin Williams, G-rated of course. I never could figure out how, near the end of the film, the rock band at the gazebo was playing Boyz II Men’s Motownphilly… ;)

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Nate!

Nate Rasmussen on November 21st, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Melanie I’m impressed by your memory!!

Anthony on November 21st, 2013 at 11:05 am

I never went on this ride. I wish I did now, reading about it.

I’m now making a concerted effort to try all the rides, no matter how boring they may seem (except Stitch’s Great Escape, I miss Alien Encounter too much)!

Barry from BC on November 21st, 2013 at 1:09 pm

The Timekeeper was a classic attraction and one of the most entertaining360 films ever produced by Disney. I wish there had a been a way to keep it or move it to a new home.

Mark on November 21st, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Don’t forget that Tokyo Disneyland’s version featuring the movie “From Time to Time” opened before WDW’s. Timekeeper was played by Robin Williams and was programmed by Imagineer Davy Feighton!

Elizabeth from FL on November 25th, 2013 at 9:58 am

I miss this attraction as well. It was a lot of fun. My favorite line from it is from the car race scene, right after nearly crashing, Timekeeper says, “And the pants are full!”. Always makes me laugh when I think about it!