Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays at Big Thunder Ranch at Disneyland Park

Disney Parks Blog Presents the ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ Practically Perfect Preview at the Disneyland Resort

posted on December 11th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Last night, nearly 500 Disney Parks Blog readers had the opportunity to preview the upcoming Disney film, “Saving Mr. Banks,” here at the Disneyland Resort. Before the screening, guests were treated to a practically perfect party, complete with a costume contest, visits from Mary Poppins and Bert, a special presentation by Disney historian Stacia Martin – and even a swarm of suffragettes! Take a look at all the fun we had:

Don’t miss “Saving Mr. Banks,” starring Academy Award winners Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks, when it opens in theaters on December 20. And to all of you joining us for the “Saving Mr. Banks” Practically Perfect Preview at the Walt Disney World Resort this Friday, you’re in for a treat!

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney District

Dinah on December 11th, 2013 at 8:13 pm

“Let’s Go Fly a Kite” has been playing on a loop in my head since last night, and I blame you, Erin! No, but seriously, well done! Such a wonderful event, and a wonderful film. Everything was not only practically perfect, but it was pretty perfect. So glad to be able to help celebrate the film, Disney, and my dad’s birthday all in one day. Thank you to you and your team!

chrisitne on December 11th, 2013 at 8:21 pm

Thank you for this fantastic opportunity, Erin!

Louella from CA on December 11th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Thank you for a most magical night! I can’t wait to watch the movie again! I agree… a practically perfect night! I also got to celebrate friendship that night bringing my friend who I don’t get a chance to spend time with. Thank you to you Erin, Kathy, and all the other wonderful team members who made it possible!

Jacqueline on December 11th, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Hi Erin,

I had the good fortune of seeing a preview of “Saving Mr. Banks” a couple of weeks ago, and I thought the film was fantastic. I felt as if I was walking alongside Walt Disney the whole time. Tom Hanks did a fabulous job as did Emma Thompson in her portrayal of P.L. Travers.

Even the end credits had me riveted. True Disney fashion and form! I will be going to see the movie again December 20 and probably a few more times after that!

Looks as if you all had a super fun time, thank you for sharing.

Best regards and Happy Holidays.

Ron on December 11th, 2013 at 10:17 pm

What an amazing evening! From the very beginning with Erin greeting us, to the food, photo ops, trivia, Stacia Martin not just regaling us with history but singing most beautifully, to the film itself.

I tip my fedora to every single person involved with the planning and execution of this event. It was an evening we won’t soon forget.

Thank you again Disney Parks Blog!

Karen on December 11th, 2013 at 10:49 pm

It was the most wonderful evening Erin. Those who missed out on the opportunity, really missed out! My 6yr old grandson said he absolutely did not want to go and said it was going to be “Boring”.
Well….He was up and watching Saving Mr. Banks and smiling and giggling for at least the first half hour. The question at the end of the night was did he have fun? His answer was yes..yes..yes!
So yes indeed, it was a magical evening for all of us. Thanks again!!

Rochelle on December 11th, 2013 at 11:17 pm

What a wonderful event to have attended. I’ve been telling everyone I can about Saving Mr. Banks and how they’ll appreciate Mary Poppins so much more after seeing this new movie. In addition to Emma Thompson’s and Tom Hank’s lead roles, Paul Giamatti and Colin Farrell were more than practically perfect with their performances.

Laura on December 11th, 2013 at 11:29 pm

We had an absolutely wonderful time!!! :) And they used my interview in the video. ;) Thank you guys sooo much. The movie was incredible.

Adam on December 12th, 2013 at 10:35 am

We had an absolutely wonderful evening both with the premier and the pre-viewing celebration. I am looking forward to seeing the film again next week in theaters.

Fred from CA on December 12th, 2013 at 11:17 am

I have been reading the blog daily since it began and I have never been able to get up early enough to catch a meetup that was not filled. I do wish that you would do this as a lottery or greatly increase the amount of guests that are accomidated.

Michelle on December 12th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Thank you for awesome night. I had so much fun. It’s a evening that I will never forget.

Danielle on December 12th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Thank you so much for having us out for this event, we had no idea what to expect but we had so much fun that I’m sure my family will be talking about it for years. The movie was fantastic and we will all be seeing it again once it comes out in theater.

You looked adorable in your themed outfit so thank you for coming out to Cali and I look forward to the next opportunity to listen to Stacia Martin talk about Disney lore, she was so sweet when we met her. Thank you again to Disney Parks Blog for hosting the event and for using my photo with Mary and Bert in this post!

Mary Jo from CA on December 12th, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Thank you for hosting this wonderful event. It was much more than I expected, and I’ve been telling my friends all about the fun we had, and how good the movie is. I’ll be seeing the movie again next week, but couldn’t pass this up, and I’m so glad I went. Kudos to the Disney team for bringing us this treat.

Chelsea on December 12th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Erin,

I was blessed to be able to go to this event and even take part in the costume contest.
I had a wonderful time. “Mary Poppins” was a special movie for my Grandma and I. I loved hearing those interesting facts about the film. It was so nice to see everyone so happy at this event, including my mom. It was an experience I will never forget. Thank you again for being a fantastic host I was so excited to be able to take a photo with you. I cannot wait to see “Saving Mr. Banks” again in theaters once its out worldwide. Thank you again for all your hard work.

Coral on December 12th, 2013 at 9:55 pm

What a magical evening, thank you for having us!! Will there be any additional pictures posted from the event? We would love to see those :)

Fred from CA on December 13th, 2013 at 3:47 am

Looks like it was a fun event. I’m looking forward to seeing the movie.

(Comment #10 was not from me, it was a different Fred)

Daniel Charles on December 14th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

What a wonderful event! Wish I could have been there!!!! Really looking forward to seeing the film!