New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

Dreamfinder and Figment Holiday T-Shirt Coming to Disney Parks Online Store from December 4-8, 2013

posted on December 3rd, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

dfi983727

I recently shared with you details about an online exclusive T-shirt celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Horizons. Being a long time fan of that classic attraction, I was thrilled to see other Horizons fans shared my passion (by the way, Omega Centauri was the most popular destination selected of the three shirts we offered). When we were planning the Horizons shirt, Disney Design Group artist Casey Jones suggested we offer another shirt featuring a different classic Epcot attraction, Journey Into Imagination. Fortunately, Casey, who created the artwork for the aforementioned Horizons shirt, had artwork ready to go.

From December 4-8, 2013, I invite you to visit http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents where you will find a holiday-themed T-shirt featuring Dreamfinder and Figment. Please note that items will ship in 6-8 weeks and express shipping will not be available.

The original Journey Into Imagination attraction opened at Epcot on March 5, 1983, so this seems like the perfect year for this shirt. Casey originally created the artwork for a virtual holiday card last year for D23, the official Disney fan club.

I really want Santa Dreamfinder to bring me a replica of the Rainbow Corridor/Sensor Maze from the former attraction’s Image Works post-show. I promise I’ve been good all year.

Filed: Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

19 Comments 10 Replies Add Yours

Stephen on December 3rd, 2013 at 10:56 am

Hi Steven,

AWESOME!!! Glad to see that Figment is getting some well-deserved attention. So far, the only Figment Holiday item I’ve seen is the Figment Holidays Around the World pin. Sure wish WDW would bring back the original version of Journey Into Imagination. Or at least bring back Dreamfinder to help Figgie. Looks like the 2014 pin event “Imagination Gala, A Magic Carpet Event” will have Figment in the starring role. Finally!!! Wish WDW would announce the dates for it. Looking forward to it!!! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 pm

@Stephen – Thank you for the comment. Stay tuned for dates and additional information for next year’s trading event.

john on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:42 am

Its a start. Lets put him back in the attraction instead of just on a tshirt.

emily from SC on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 am

i love this! but, if it ships in 6-8 weeks, it will most definitely not be sent in time for Christmas!

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:19 pm

@Emily – Perhaps a jump start to Christmas shopping for next year? I know I always say I’m going to start early (which never ever happens) :)

Melanie from FL on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:51 am

Can Santa Dreamfinder bring himself & some semblance of the original attraction back as well? While I love Figment, his creator also deserves some accolades. I LOVE THIS SHIRT! Great design, Casey!

Deborah from CA on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I don’t care if I don’t get it until January. I want one. I’ll wear it in June. I do have a question on sizing though. Many of my Disney T’s run big. Do you know if its unisex sizing??

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 2:13 pm

@Deborah – Glad to hear you liked the shirt. Yes, from my understanding it would be similar to other graphic tees that we offer such as this one from the Disney Parks online store – http://www.disneystore.com/mickey-mouse-ear-hat-tee-for-adults/mp/1342299/1000228/

Mark on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Woot! That is all. :-D

Mark.

Elizabeth on December 3rd, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Can someone just clarify for me? This shirt will ONLY be an online-exclusive, or will this also be sold in the Disney parks? It’s a FANTASTIC shirt (The original Journey into Imagination ride was my childhood favourite, and hearing Dreamfinder at last year’s 30th anniversary D23 event made me cry tears of joy), and it would be really nice to be able to just go to the park during that time and pick one up instead of waiting until after Christmas for a Christmas shirt.

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm

@Elizabeth – Glad you like it. The shirt will be sold online only from December 4-8 at http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents

Andrew on December 3rd, 2013 at 5:08 pm

It doesn’t seem to be available yet. Is the link correct?

Steven Miller on December 3rd, 2013 at 8:36 pm

@Andrew – The link goes live on December 4 and will be available through December 8. It’s still a few hours early :)

Noreen on December 3rd, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Now if we can have Figgy back as a meet and greet character that would be amazing! I’d love to have my pic taken with him while wearing the shirt!! Who is with me??!! :)

Andrew on December 3rd, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Oops! Somehow had it in my head that today was December 4. (Lots of stuff going on cluttering up the hard drive in my head.) I’m definitely planning on ordering one for my Figment-adoring wife.

Steven Miller on December 4th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

@Andrew – No worries ;) Merry Christmas to your wife and you!

Ted from IL on December 3rd, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I for one would like to see Dreamfinder & Figment back for an all new Journey…Us fans have been waiting for something that will bring back the Spark!

Timothy on December 3rd, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Back at the 2011 D23 Expo, Mickey’s of Glendale sold all black t-shirts with a single classic Future World Pavilion logo on the front. These shirts were fantastic, any chance we see this in the park?

Steven Miller on December 4th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

@Timothy – I recall those shirts as I have three of them. Unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to introduce them to Disney Parks.

Jennifer on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Fantastic! I can’t wait to get this! Now if only the planners for EPCOT would take notice of just how loved and missed the original Journey and Horizons are and bring them back!!

Lynn on December 3rd, 2013 at 11:12 pm

A little disappointed that there are not extended sizes…past 2X…as a “Pooh” sized person, a 2X is a little snug…:(

Steven Miller on December 4th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

@Lynn – I’m sorry to hear of your disappointment. I will share your feedback with the development team.

Teresa from PA on December 4th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Love it! One Christmas/New Year present done. Love this shirt! (had to get one for myself too)

Steven Miller on December 4th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

@Teresa – That’s great! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Daniel on December 8th, 2013 at 9:13 am

So many awesome shirts, but none for the big guys :( It is so hard to find a shirt from Disney that I like in 3XL. I don’t own a single shirt from you guys for that reason.

Ruthie on December 10th, 2013 at 12:30 am

Woo Hoo Figment and Dreamfinder Thanks for all the advance notice on new merchandise Steven I don’t mean to hijack the notice but would really like your help What is the status of the animated Pluto Bank that was due mid/late Novemeber to WDW ? Sorry I don’t have the item number available No one seems to know what I am talking about at the various stores on property I have stopped in at to buy it Thanks

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Years

Steven Miller on December 11th, 2013 at 10:06 am

@Ruthie – I did some research about your question (here’s the original story about the bank for those unaware – http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/new-novelty-toys-coming-to-disney-parks-for-fall-2013/)

It appears it is currently available in multiple locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. The item number is 400007592476.

Disneyland Resort:
- Gag Factory – Mickey’s Toontown
- Pioneer Hall – Frontierland
- Pooh Corner – Critter Country
- The Star Trader – Tomorrowland
- Elias & Co. – Buena Vista Street
- World of Disney – Downtown Disney District

Walt Disney World
- Creature Comforts – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Once Upon a Toy & World of Disney – Downtown Disney Marketplace
- Mouse Gear – Epcot
- Emporium, Big Top Souvenirs, Curtain Call Collectibles – Magic Kingdom Park
- Select Disney Resorts including Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Coronado Springs, Disney’s BoardWalk, Disney’s Yacht Club

Rachael on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:40 am

I LOVE Figment. I missed this post last month. Is there any way to order the shirt if you missed the online event?

Patrick on January 14th, 2014 at 11:04 am

WOOHOO!! I received my Dreamfinder & Figment Christmas shirt this morning!! I love it and am already wearing it! I can’t wait until I can get back to WDW over one of the upcomimg Christmas Holidays and wear it to make people jealous! :)

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.