The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Fan Selected Artwork for 2014 Merchandise Arrives at Disney Parks Starting December 22, 2013

posted on December 20th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

NFA837627

As part of “Limited Time Magic” this week, I’m happy to share that merchandise featuring artwork selected by Disney fans earlier this year will be arriving at Disney Parks starting December 22, 2013.

In January, my fellow author Tom Smith shared three pieces of 2014 art for a new, small line of merchandise offerings for Disney Parks. Many fans voted for their favorite art design on the Disney Parks Blog or the official Facebook pages for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. After votes were tallied, I revealed the winning design in this video interview with Patty Landing, Creative Manager with Disney Design Group.

As a celebration of the final “Limited Time Magic” surprise of the year, we will offer an early debut of some of the 2014 dated items, including an adult T-shirt, ladies T-shirt, D-Tech cases for the iPhone 4/4S or iPhone 5/5S, as well as mug and a timepiece that feature the new artwork!

NFA837628

Look for these items beginning December 22 (while supplies last) at either the World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort, or at the World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort.

NFA837629

From December 27, 2013 through January 9, 2014, we will be carrying a limited number of items on the Disney Parks online store. A special deluxe print (as seen in the first image of this story) will be available online only. All online sales orders will be fulfilled within 6-8 weeks.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Downtown Disney, Downtown Disney District, Walt Disney World Resort

Heather on December 20th, 2013 at 8:59 am

Hey Steve, love the new merchandise! Is it only the special early preview stock that is limited?? After the early release, will these new products be generally available throughout 2014?

Steven Miller on December 20th, 2013 at 11:39 am

@Heather – I called it an “early release” as it’s not quite 2014 yet :) All items will be available while supplies last, but the items aren’t limited edition per se. For the Disney Parks online store, orders for items will be taken from December 27, 2013 to January 9, 2014. Items will then ship 6 to 8 weeks after orders are completed. I hope this information is helpful.

Debra from FL on December 20th, 2013 at 9:10 am

LOVE the design and also like the fact that the t-shirts are light colors!!! Too many of my WDW shirts are dark and dark shirts aren’t comfortable in FL sun. Will definitely be heading out to the Marketplace to pick up some of the beauties!

Jim from NY on December 20th, 2013 at 9:27 am

Love the artwork!

Jonathan on December 20th, 2013 at 10:21 am

Really? Why “Disney Parks” and not Disney World/Disneyland??

Autumn from VA on December 20th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Steve any chance you could share the final voting numbers for each design?

Steven Miller on December 21st, 2013 at 11:43 am

@Autumn – Unfortunately, it’s not something I can share. Yet I know that we had a lot of Guests participate earlier this year. Sorry. :(

Aaron on December 20th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Is this the final LTM of the year?

Steven Miller on December 21st, 2013 at 11:44 am

@Aaron – Yes, this is the final Limited Time Magic offering this year.

Jacqueline on December 20th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Hi Steven,

This is so wonderful and I clearly remember voting for this amazing design earlier this year too! I am very excited about this.

Thank you for sharing and as always I love reading your posts here on the blog!

Best regards and Happy Holidays,
Jacqueline

Steven Miller on December 21st, 2013 at 11:45 am

@Jacqueline – Thank you! It’s nice to see you on the Internets. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic New Year :)

JEANY on December 20th, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Awesome Castle art work for 2014 and I can’t wait and I love it!

Philip on December 20th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I hope that Limited Time Magic will continue in 2014.

Suzanne on December 20th, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Hi Steven,
Amazing post right before Christmas!! This stuff looks amazing!!! This was the design I voted for way back when you did the poll and it’s so cool to see it turned into great merchandise! I’m gonna have to order the T-shirts for my dad and myself and maybe a mug for me too! ;)
In the picture above, is the off-white shirt (on the left) the men’s or women’s style?

Steven Miller on December 21st, 2013 at 11:48 am

@Suzanne – Thank you for the comment. Glad to hear you like the items. I vote for the mug! Who doesn’t need another coffee mug? I have many (love my EPCOT Center ones the best, of course) :) The off-white shirt is a woman’s cut.

Nicole on December 21st, 2013 at 9:57 am

I love the castle logo especially on the watch. I’d be more interested in buying it if 2014 wasn’t written on it. I really dislike the yearly merchandise.

Steven on December 22nd, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Steve, any chance you know why 2014 WDW Park 16 month calendar was nowhere to be found at least post Thanksgiving ? Usually they are everywhere. Just curios.