Disneyland Resort, Haunted Mansion

‘Glow With The Show’ Ear Hats Brighten Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

posted on December 11th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Have you visited Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this year?

This year’s collection of dancing lights has been enhanced with Glow Ears, which allow park guests to become a part of the show as their ear hats light up. Earlier this year, ear hat technology was added to several existing entertainment options throughout Walt Disney World, including at “Fantasmic!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and “Celebrate the Magic” and “Wishes” fireworks at Magic Kingdom Park. Ear hats can also currently be used during performances of “Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season” fireworks during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parties.

Check out the video below for a look at a recent “surprise and delight” moment that took place during Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights for a group of Annual Passholders.

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Jake on December 11th, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Fantastic. We’ll be there on Sunday and can’t wait to experience this. I had heard, though, that this was the last year for the Osborne Lights. Hope it’s not true, but if it is, I’m glad I’ll get to see it before it goes.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on December 12th, 2013 at 9:02 am

Hi, Jake. There are no plans at this time to retire the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Enjoy your visit!

Angela on December 12th, 2013 at 10:49 am

I saw this show for the first time last week and had to come back another night to see it again :-) I too also heard that it will be gone after this year. I hope not! one thing I think I was bummed about most was the “Glow with the Show” experience. I bought my ears and wore them at all the events I could use them, MK wishes, MK’s MVMCP, Fantasmic, Osborn lights and I was one of about 10-20 people who participated in wearing them so I never got to see the full effect of a full crowd lit up. It would have been neat to see but I guess people didn’t want to get the ears as bad as I did.

Nita on December 13th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights hold a very special memory in my heart. My husband and I honeymooned in Walt Disney World / on Disney Cruise Lines and it was our first time visiting during the Christmas Season. We love Walt Disney World so much and it felt like an even more special trip with all these holiday touches. I’m grateful to read that there are no plans to retire the Osbourne lights, Jennifer.

Jennifer on December 16th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Ahh! I don’t get to Hollywood Studios until the marathon weekend. I’m bummed to miss this. How cool!

Jennifer from VA on December 18th, 2013 at 11:32 pm

So bummed we are not making it to the World this year. This looks so cool! I hope they will have it next year – I am NOT going to miss the holiday season at WDW again. For all those going, have a blast and enjoy every minute of it :)