Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort

‘Impressive, Most Impressive’ Star Wars Weekends Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in May/June 2014

posted on December 20th, 2013 by Gary Buchanan, Social Media Managing Editor

Gather your favorite droids, nerf herders, walking carpets and scoundrels and make plans to attend Star Wars Weekends 2014. We’re pleased today to announce the dates for next year’s Force-filled special event.

Star Wars Weekends will be held every weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) from May 16-June 8, 2014.

• Weekend I: May 16 – 18, 2014
  • Weekend II: May 23 – 25, 2014
  • Weekend III: May 30 – June 1, 2014
  • Weekend IV: June 6 – 8, 2014

stw928111

Star Wars Weekends combines the power of the Force and the magic of Disney into a galactic special event that has become a fan favorite through the years. Star Wars Weekends features the largest collection of official Star Wars characters found at any theme park in the world, star conversations with Star Wars celebrities, a Death Star-sized motorcade through the park and plenty of entertainment fun for guests of all ages.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and StarWars.com for the latest updates and details as they are released. And, check out disneytheforce.com for the latest in event information.

Filed: Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Jacqueline on December 20th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Hi Gary,

Thank you for sharing this information. I believe my family rides Star Tours the most number of times in a row on each visit. On our last visit in August 2013, I counted fifteen in a row with a different version each time. It was a blast, but I did need a little stabilization after the last run.

My son’s favourite character from Star Wars is C-3PO because he’s so shiny and friendly. I actually think we have a good chance at making a trek over to one of those special weekends you listed above!

Best regards and Happy Holidays,
Jacqueline

Paul from OH on December 20th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Can;’t wait. My family and I are definitely coming back this year & need to book it soon now we know dates. My son’s favorite picture in his room is him with the Mickey Mouse droid with mouse ears on.

Mary from MN on December 20th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

We’ll be there for Weekends I and II!

kate on December 20th, 2013 at 11:40 pm

We went last year during Star Wars days by accident – somehow we didn’t know and it was such a fun surprise! We are hoping to make it this year too!

Paulo on December 21st, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Hi everybody, its a very special news yeahh…Me and mi brother, goes to USA and Disney exactly from 10 to 24 of May 2014′, its a long Travel from Chile SoutAmerica, Yeah finally will can see The Dart Vader, R2d2 and the alll characters! yeahhhhh im very happy, Star Wars Weekends will be prepare for the Chilean Brothers… May the force be whit you always!!

Laura on December 25th, 2013 at 12:08 am

Thank goodness I changed the dates of my trip! I originally booked a trip from June 13-16 but rescheduled for June 6-9. I wasn’t sure when the dates would be announced and wanted to book the trip as a surprise Christmas gift for my significant other. Hooray!

Kristin on December 31st, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I am so beside myself excited our trip lands on one of these weekends! My dad, son and I are HUGE Star Wars fans. Too excited :)

Leanne on January 2nd, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Hi Gary!
How come we don’t see you in front of the camera any more??

John on January 5th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Are the D-Tech Me experiences going to be offered this year? This is the first time I’ve been able to make schedules align so I can go. I’d love to do both the Carbon Freeze Me and the Stormtrooper. Will both be available and do I need a seperate reservations for each?

Thanks!

thomas on January 7th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

What is this years theme?

Crystal on February 7th, 2014 at 8:49 pm

When are you going to release the Actors/ actresses attending Star Wars Weekends 2014? Your leaving your run a bit late for guests to book there holiday for the weekend of there favourite charater

John on February 16th, 2014 at 1:50 am

I’m hoping D-Tech is doing the Carbon Freeze Me or other personalized models this year.On page 37 of this months FineScale Modeler magazine there’s a pic of one of the carbonite figures in a Cloud city freezing chamber. I’d like to put a similar figure of myself in a Jabba Throne room environment.

Olivia on February 22nd, 2014 at 5:38 am

I can’t wait!! I’m going to be dressing up as Darth Talon this year since I’ve been Padme Amidala the last 2 years. I can’t wait to enjoy with all of the fans!

James on March 10th, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Will there be anything related to the Phineas and Ferb crossover episode involving Star Wars?

Leslie from FL on April 15th, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Is the guest list confirmed yet?