Disney's Electrical Parade

This Week In Disney Parks Photos: Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade Shines at Magic Kingdom Park

posted on December 7th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week on the Disney Parks Blog, we shared a great new gallery of photos snapped during Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park. These shots are so full of holiday cheer that I just had to share them with you again as some of our top photos of the week.

MCP872615

The photos, which were shot by Kent Phillips, depict the parade from start to finish, including many favorite characters, floats and sights only seen during the holiday party – like marching toy soldiers, dancing gingerbread men, toys come to life, and much more.

MCP872617THUMB MCP872618THUMB

For a closer look at Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, be sure to check back next week. In the meantime, what’s your favorite part of this parade? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

mary from NY on December 7th, 2013 at 9:10 am

How do I find out the time of the parade>

Mark on December 7th, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I went to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party last Tuesday and I loved the Once Upon A Christmastime parade. It was very magical to stand along Main Street watching the parade as it snowed. I hope I can go again next year.

Laura from IL on December 7th, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Such fun. The one with the jumping bakers is outstanding!!!

Ernest on December 8th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I heard that the parade is only offered to those who pay the $62 each for the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party which I’ve hear is sold out. Is that true? We are coming down the week between Christmas and New Years and would love to see the parade.

Ryan on December 8th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I’m wondering if characters from “Frozen” will be in the parade this Holiday season. Especially Sven! He is our family’s favorite!

Also I noticed Rabbit and Kanga missing from the “Winnie the Pooh” gang. It was great to see Christopher Robin though!!

We always enjoy seeing rare or ‘obscure’ characters and try to search high and low for them upon each park visit or TV viewing of the parade.

Jeff on December 8th, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Mary from NY: The Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade is 8:15pm and 10:30pm the 8th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th and 20th. The 21st through the 31st the times are 12:30pm and 3:30 pm.

Have a Magical Disney Day!

Arynn on December 9th, 2013 at 12:19 am

Don’t forget to tune in to see the parade on Christmas day too! It’s airing on ABC so check your local guide for the times!

David on December 9th, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Hi Jennifer, was hoping you could find a picture of the Christmas Parade of 1971. I was a “hauntee tree” in the Snow White Division. We wore spats over our shoes (roots) and wore a jacket for the branches which poked through holes in the tree. We could see through a black screened knot hole! We had a routine that I believe Barnett choreographed. Great fun!

Lynne from PA on December 12th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Fantastic!!!!! The Christmas party was less crowded for the parade, at least the 10:30pm parade through Liberty Square. So we didn’t need to wait around to get a good spot…just walked right into one at the start of the parade!