Will you visit the Walt Disney World Resort during the holiday week? Lots of guests will head to our parks this week, so we thought we’d share some tips on how to make the most of your trip during this busy time of year.
Preparing For & Traveling To Walt Disney World Resort
- Use the on-property resort buses, boats and Monorails to avoid traffic and parking fees.
- Valet parking is now available at Downtown Disney near La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil.
- When utilizing your own car, plan for additional travel time.
- Limit your time at theme park bag check by traveling light. Bags can also be checked at Bell Services at resorts or at lockers within theme parks.
- If staying at an on-property Disney resort, don’t forget about Extra Magic Hours. Different theme parks offer Extra Magic Hours on different days, so check the calendar here for more.
- Want to stay longer or visit more than one park in a day? Visit Guest Relations or a ticketing window to modify your tickets.
- Designate a spot inside the park for your party to meet, should someone get separated. Lost and Founds are located at park Guest Relations.
- Grab a Times Guide on your way into the park to stay informed on showtimes, character greeting locations and more.
Attractions & Entertainment Tips
- Download the My Disney Experience app for your smartphone. This vacation-planning tool can help you access current attraction wait times, find the nearest entertainment and more. Or visit the Tip Board at the center of each park to see which attractions have the shortest wait times.
- Utilize the park’s FastPass options. Don’t forget that in addition to attractions, FastPasses also may be available for some character meet and greets, such as Town Square Theater and Princess Fairytale Hall at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Catch a show in the middle of the day when attraction wait times are typically longer.
- Some extra performances have been added to the calendar to accommodate our holiday guests. Pick up a Times Guide on your way into the park to see your options.
- Avoid crowded restaurants by grabbing a snack from quick service carts located throughout the parks.
- Use the My Disney Experience app, visit Guest Relations or call 407-WDW-CNCL to modify dining reservations.
Do you have a tip to share on visiting our parks? If so, leave it in the “Comments” section below.