There’s nothing our Creative Entertainment team enjoys more than producing amazing live entertainment for our guests. Here are just a few of the new experiences that debuted in Disney Parks around the world in 2013:
- “Limited Time Magic“ – It was a year full of surprises, as each week brought something new to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. From celebratory pre-parades and visits with Long-Lost Friends to a Monstrous Summer All-Nighter and “Original Boy Band” the Dapper Dans, there were new experiences popping up everywhere. Among the highlights: “A Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue” at Disneyland park, “Mickey’s America Streetbeat” at Epcot, True Love Week, Pirates Week, and of course … May the 4th (be with you) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Tokyo Disney Resort 30th Anniversary – In April, 300 characters and cast helped launch the “Happiness Year” at Tokyo Disneyland, celebrating that resort’s 30th anniversary with live entertainment events and the premiere of a stunning new daytime parade, “Happiness Is Here.”
- Mickey and the Magical Map – This dazzling musical extravaganza opened in May at Disneyland park, in the newly-refurbished Fantasyland Theatre. It took nearly two years to bring Mickey Mouse’s “Journey to Imagination” to the stage, and the show just keeps getting better! Mickey is sporting a new costume design in the show’s finale, and that lovable rascal Stitch was recently added to the cast.
- New Homes for Disney Royalty – Springtime brought the opening of Fantasy Faire at Disneyland park, where you can meet favorite Disney Princesses in the Royal Hall and enjoy delightful storytelling shows, such as the Brass Ring Award-winning “Tangled” at the Royal Theatre. In the fall, New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park unveiled Princess Fairytale Hall, a gorgeous new home for Cinderella to welcome her guests and visiting Disney Royalty from around the world.
- Holiday Spectaculars – The year was wrapped up with a beautiful bow in the form of a pair of fun and festive holiday nighttime spectaculars, “World of Color – Winter Dreams” at Disney California Adventure park and “Disney Dreams! of Christmas” at Disneyland Paris, each featuring characters and music from Disney’s new instant classic, “Frozen.”
All this, plus the arrivals of Thor and Captain America, Avengers Academy on the Disney Magic, new atmosphere and Halloween entertainment at Hong Kong Disneyland, the new tricks Magician Mickey has up his sleeve at Magic Kingdom Park, Disney ¡Viva Navidad! at Disney California Adventure park, and more!
Once again this year, I’ve had a hard time keeping my list to just five. What can I say? There’s so much happening in the world of Creative Entertainment, with even more to come in 2014, so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog. We’ll have the scoop for you, all year long.