Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion

14 Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World Resort in 2014

posted on January 3rd, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

It’s officially 2014, so let this year’s vacation planning begin!

FTR845252

Whether it’s new entertainment, character meet and greets, holiday celebrations or the return of annual theme park events, there’s a lot to look forward to at Disney Parks in 2014. That said, here are 14 reasons you should visit Walt Disney World Resort in 2014.

Which event or new offering are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the “comments” section below.

Tagged:

Filed: Vacation Planning, Walt Disney World Resort

George on January 3rd, 2014 at 11:36 am

Hi Jenn,

Any chance of an encore of the more popular Limited Time Magic events in 2014 like True Love, Long Lost Friends, or Unleash the Villains? Those were our favorite memory makers this past year!

Thanks

Roger from CA on January 3rd, 2014 at 11:57 am

I’m looking forward to the Festival of Fantasy Parade and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

Lisa on January 3rd, 2014 at 12:56 pm

I hope details about Hollywood Studios’ 25th anniversary will be released soon. I was planning to arrive late on May 1st, but may change my plans to come in the day before. Looking forward to the Expedition Everest Challenge in 4 months!

michael from MA on January 3rd, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Just book our vacation for may 17th for a week! i hope the mine train will be finished !!!!

Eva on January 3rd, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I can’t wait to get to DW in May!! The new parade looks fabulous! If you haven’t seen the concept art you have to check it out!! 4 months today and we leave for Orlando!! Can’t wait!

Matthew on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:05 pm

I think we’re most excited about the Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train. We still haven’t been since the New Fantasyland has opened up. We’ve gotta make a trip! :)

Debra on January 4th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Wow, that’s a GREAT line-up! With 6 trips planned so far this year, I am going to me lucky enough to experience most of these but the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride is the one I am most excited to see. We leave in 2 weeks for our first visit of the year! We love being Disney Vacation Club members and getting to go often, even though we live in Canada!

Liz on January 4th, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I saw this exact article today on chip and company! Nearly word for word!

I know I’m looking forward to the Mine Train ride, I love roller coasters.

Mary on January 4th, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Family vacation planned for 11 of us in August. We will be staying in the new Grand Floridian DVC Grand Villas. This will be the first time to Disney World for 3 of our grandchildren and we can’t wait to share this experience with them. So many things they’ll want to see such as Doc McStuffin and Sophia, The Hall of Princesses and the older ones are looking forward to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. Already counting the days!

Ryan on January 5th, 2014 at 11:46 am

I am excited but hesitant for the “Festival of Fantasy” parade in 2014. I maintain that I am consistently upset when several characters from the Disney canon are not represented. Ohh how I would love to see new generations introduced to “Bedknobs and Broomsticks”, “Fantasia”, “Sword and the Stone” and “Pete’s Dragon” in both the new parade as well as live entertainment at MK!

I am thrilled to hear that the Muppets will be at Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival! Can’t begin to imagine the special tie-ins and Muppet-y events planned. I may have to make a special trip JUST to see the Muppets!

As always, I love when WDW is constantly changing. I travel there twice a year and love to experience drastically new magic each trip.

Jesse on January 5th, 2014 at 11:54 am

Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival returns to the park March 5 – May 18.
Loved the Christmas Parade and character meet-n-greets! The castle at night with lights is hard to beat.

Karen on January 5th, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Can’t wait to see if anything special is happening when we visit beginning August 18th for a week.

Joanne on February 24th, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Date opening for mine train?

David from MA on March 31st, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Any details on the 25th Anniversary event for Disney’s Hollywood Studios?