It’s officially 2014, so let this year’s vacation planning begin!
Whether it’s new entertainment, character meet and greets, holiday celebrations or the return of annual theme park events, there’s a lot to look forward to at Disney Parks in 2014. That said, here are 14 reasons you should visit Walt Disney World Resort in 2014.
- Meet Magician Mickey Mouse at Magic Kingdom Park. If you haven’t visited Town Square Theater at Magic Kingdom Park lately, you’re in for a delight when you see the tricks Mickey has up his sleeve. Check out our video of the new experience in this previous blog post.
- Food trucks recently debuted at Downtown Disney as a fun new dining option. Check them out Wednesdays through Sundays, from 5 – 11 p.m. parked at Downtown Disney West Side near Cirque du Soleil and House of Blues.
- Another season of 2014 runDisney racing fun begins January 8, with the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. Check out runDisney’s official website for details on races both here and at the Disneyland Resort.
- Visit Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Beginning January 26, Disney Junior stars, Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First, will greet guests during meals at the Disney Junior Play n’ Dine at Hollywood & Vine. For more on what to expect, visit Shawn Slater’s original blog post.
- The Atlanta Braves will return to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for spring training, which means a chance to attend fun preseason games beginning in February.
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival returns to the park March 5 – May 18. This annual festival, with its floral displays, topiaries, and food fun, will showcase Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy as this year’s lead topiary.
- There’s always something fun planned for St. Patrick’s Day at Downtown Disney each year, especially at Raglan Road. Stay tuned for more.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will mark its 25th anniversary on May 1, 2014. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more on this milestone closer to time.
- Star Wars Weekends will add more film fun to Disney’s Hollywood Studios May 16-June 8, 2014.
- Car Masters Weekend, an event that’s perfect for car lovers (and lovers of “Cars”), will return to Downtown Disney June 14 – June 15, 2014. Details still to come.
- Disney’s Night of Joy will return to Magic Kingdom Park on September 5-6, with artists MercyMe and Matthew West already in the lineup.
- Spice Road Table, a new restaurant planned for the Morocco pavilion at Epcot, will open its doors in early 2014. Check out a sneak peek at the menu’s yummy dishes here.
- Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade will debut at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. This new daytime parade will feature floats inspired by the films “The Little Mermaid,” “Tangled,” “Brave” and many more.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, the latest and largest installment in the New Fantasyland expansion, will debut at Magic Kingdom Park in 2014 to tell the story of “Snow White” from the perspective of the Seven Dwarfs. As soon as we have an opening date for this attraction, we’ll share it on the Disney Parks Blog.
Which event or new offering are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the “comments” section below.