Fireworks at Disneyland Park

All Aboard with Disney Railroad T-Shirts Coming to Disney Parks Online Store from January 27-February 2, 2014

posted on January 15th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

I’ve been fascinated with railroads ever since I was in third grade. At that time, my parents gave me a model railroad set, complete with a locomotive, various box cars, train tracks and a matching Pennsylvania Railroad hat that I wore nearly every day. Today, I can still enjoy a train ride on the Walt Disney World Railroad at Magic Kingdom Park (one of the many reasons I enjoy working for Disney). Since Disney trains have been a part of Disney Parks since the beginning, I think it’s fitting that we kick off our series of Disney Attraction Poster T-shirts with salutes to the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Railroads.

RRT846206

Designer Richard Terpstra worked with Disney Design Group artists to create these two T-shirts inspired by the Disney Railroad attraction posters found at Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom Park respectively. According to the must-have book for any Disney Parks fan, “The Poster Art of the Disney Parks” by Walt Disney Imagineers Vanessa Hunt and Danny Handke, the original attraction posters were designed by Jim Michaelson, Ernie Prinzhorn and Rudy Lord in 1977.

These T-shirts will be offered on the Disney Parks online store from January 27 to February 2, 2014. All items will ship in 6-8 weeks (unfortunately, express shipping is not available).

RRT846207

Since I’m discussing attraction posters, I thought you may enjoy another sneak preview of items coming to Centerpiece, the home goods mini-shop at the Marketplace Co Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace opening later this year. There will be additional plates and drinkware featuring other attraction posters offered in that location. I need bigger kitchen cabinets!

RRT846208

Finally, I spoke with the souvenirs team about the popular 2014 Disney Parks attraction poster calendars I first discussed last October on the Disney Parks Blog. While they do not plan to reorder the calendars at this time, they want to keep offering the posters as a set. Look for these sets (sans the calendar portion) in a couple of months.

All aboard!

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort, Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

12 Comments 9 Replies Add Yours

Daniel on January 15th, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Wow! I love Richard’s work and can’t wait to buy a shirt…and eventually plates and glasses! It looks like these will be the same Hanes shirts that the Haunted Mansion and Epcot 30 designs were printed on. Is that correct?

Steven Miller on January 15th, 2014 at 2:24 pm

@Daniel – That is correct! My three Horizons 30th Anniversary shirts arrived yesterday. I love the feel of the shirts and they fit perfectly. Now the tough decision – which one to wear first? Space will probably win, of course.

Mischa on January 15th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Great news! Keep these retro designs coming! Can’t wait to wear these as well as my Tiki and Haunted Mansion shirts this April in the parks!

Steven Miller on January 15th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

@Mischa – Right on! I hope you have a great trip to Disneyland Resort (and I hope to see you … in the trees) :)

Oleg from CA on January 15th, 2014 at 12:49 pm

will the drink and plate-ware be available at Disneyland as well – or online? Looks great!

Steven Miller on January 15th, 2014 at 2:29 pm

@Oleg – Great news! Yes, the drinkware and plates will be found at Centerpiece in the Marketplace Co Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace in Florida. They will also be found in select locations at Disneyland Resort and on our Disney Parks online store. I don’t have an exact release date yet so keep watching the Disney Parks Blog.

Cheryl on January 15th, 2014 at 1:04 pm

We’ll be in Disney World in 16 days! Will the shirts be available for purchase in the World? My son is a HUGE train fanatic!!! The plates too, are they available for purchase now?

Steven Miller on January 15th, 2014 at 2:31 pm

@Cheryl – I hope you have a wonderful trip! The shirt will be sold from January 27 to February 2 on the Disney Parks online store – http://www.DisneyStore.com/ParkEvents. The shirt will not be offered at Disney Parks at this point. The plates are coming to Disney Parks and the online store later this year.

Stephanie from VA on January 15th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Steven, do you know if these fabulous shirts will be offered in Youth sizes too?

Steven Miller on January 16th, 2014 at 10:11 am

@Stephanie – The shirts will not be offered in youth sizes. Sorry :(

Thomas on January 15th, 2014 at 7:40 pm

I love these shirts with the classic designs! Is there a reason that the new Fantasyland or Storybook Circus was left off the Walt Disney World shirts?

Steven Miller on January 16th, 2014 at 11:24 am

@Thomas – Great question. The posters that were selected came from the recent 2014 attraction poster calendars. Unfortunately, New Fantasyland and Storybook Circus weren’t featured in the Walt Disney World calendar.

Leslie on January 16th, 2014 at 1:07 am

Hi Steven – these are great ! You mention this kicks off a series of attraction poster t-shirts – are you able to share how many will be offered and at what timing, ie every month, or every other month, or ?? Trying to plan ahead on how many new t-shirts I may end up with :-) .

Thanks!

Steven Miller on January 16th, 2014 at 10:13 am

@Leslie – You can get a first look at some of the other tees planned in this article:

As for timing, they will be coming to the Disney Parks online store throughout this year. The actual release date for the shirts will vary each month, but know that we have several planned. I invite you to keep following the Disney Parks Blog as I will have additional updates.

Timothy on January 16th, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Will these be available in children’s sizes?

Tyler on January 16th, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Hey Steven, I was just wondering If (or hopefully WHEN) we will ever see updated park maps for sale again.

Steven Miller on January 22nd, 2014 at 4:32 pm

@Timothy – These will not be offered in children’s sizes.

@Tyler – I’ve not seen any plans for such a thing. Sorry.

Larry on January 20th, 2014 at 1:57 pm

It broke my heart that I wasn’t able to get a 2014 Disneyland Attractions poster calendar when it was available. Just one of the downsides of being deployed overseas. I am looking forward to the poster set though! Thanks for breaking the news on that! Any other details so I might make arrangements for securing a set? Thanks for the magic!

Steven Miller on January 22nd, 2014 at 4:36 pm

@Larry – First, thank you for your service! I unfortunately don’t have an exact date as to when the poster set would be available. The team said it was coming in a few months.

Linda on March 3rd, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Do you know what the next shirt in the series will be and when it will be released? Thanks!

Blakely from NJ on April 9th, 2014 at 12:16 am

Hi Mr. Miller. I missed the boat on these tshirts. I can’t seem to find them on the disney store website. With the upcoming release of the Disney Ride Poster book, will we see more merchandise? Thank you!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.