In the months leading up to the unveiling of New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, we regularly shared bits and pieces of this new land and its amazing detail in our “All in the Details” series here on the Disney Parks Blog. Today, we’re thrilled to share more of these images with you of the final attraction that’s set to debut in this area – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
In case you aren’t familiar, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a family coaster that will open in 2014 to tell the story of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” from the perspective of the dwarfs. Guests will enter through an interactive queue, take a seat in a mine train car and coast through the mine “where a million diamonds shine” – where plenty of surprises await.
Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared these new images with us, which showcase some of the smaller elements inside the attraction’s interactive queue area and mine scene. According to them, a lot of the detail you see here was hand-carved by Imagineers – sturdy logs, crumbling bark, rough wood planks, thick beams, smooth rocks and rusty hinges – that all appear to serve as “support structures” for the mine. After each item was carved, they were then painted to look aged and weathered through application of various colors of paint. Some parts have been aged to look older than others. Look closely and you may also notice how the composure of the walls change as the photos push you through the mine – from crumbly rocks on the exterior to more sturdily packed walls inside.
What do you think? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.
Click on the links below for more on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train from Walt Disney Imagineering:
- Time-Lapse Video: Watch Two New Castles and a Disney Mountain Emerge at Magic Kingdom Park
- All in the Details: First Track Laid at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park
- Imagineers Offer a Sneak Peek Inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Princess Fairytale Hall at New Fantasyland
- A Magical Delivery: Project Team Members Receive Key Piece of a New Disney Parks Attraction
- Live Chat: Walt Disney Imagineers to Talk Princess Fairytale Hall, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train September 16
- Live Chat: Talk Princess Fairytale Hall & Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at 2:15 p.m.
- Behind the Scenes: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Car Completes Drop Test at Magic Kingdom Park
- Imagineers Add A Piece of Snow White’s Scary Adventures Into Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Behind the Scenes: Designing & Painting Seven Dwarf Mine Train Cars at Magic Kingdom Park