Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Discovering New Vinylmation Coming to Disney Parks in 2014

posted on January 9th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" Vinylmation - Indiana Jones Hand

I’ve recently shared a few sneak previews of new items coming to Disney Parks in 2014. My attention now turns to Vinylmation, the collectible figures celebrating five years at Disney Parks. The New Year will be an exciting one for Vinylmation collectors, especially with the debut of a limited release mystery series inspired by characters from the Indiana Jones films. Here is a closer look at what else you can expect in 2014.

Indy2

The Indiana Jones series launches on January 10 at the D Street locations in Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, and on the Disney Parks online store. This series was designed by Thomas Scott, lead Vinylmation artist with Disney Design Group, and features characters from the first Indiana Jones film, “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” Disney artist Maria Clapsis designed the combo pack figure which will be released on January 24. Special thanks to my fellow cast member (and Indiana Jones fan) Brandon Kleyla for the photos.

Indy3

A new Vinylmation titled “Cutesters in the Snow” is releasing on January 17 at Disney Parks and on the Disney Parks online store. This limited release mystery series was designed by Maria Clapsis and Caley Hicks. Considering there is not much snow in Central Florida, I had an arctic blast photographing these adorable characters playing in the front yard of my childhood home in snow-covered Columbus, Ohio.

Indy4

This year will also see the debut of specially designed limited edition figures released at the Disney Trading Nights. There will be a unique figures released at Disneyland Resort and at Walt Disney World Resort during upcoming events. These figures are limited edition and are presented as the “Eachz” concept – one figure is more common to find than the other. Keep watching Disney.com/Vinylmation for announcements about the next Disney Trading Nights.

Indy5

Finally, I found a handful of figures from the Vinylmation showroom that I couldn’t wait to share. The limited edition Cranium Command set will be part of Vinylmation – Park #14. In March, we will release an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit figure as the “Eachz” concept for Easter. The amazing Park Starz series will return in June with new figures including Dreamfinder and Sonny Eclipse! In July, look for a limited release mystery series featuring decorated Duffy the Disney Bear figures.

Which figures are you look forward to the most? Please share in the comments below. I also invite you to join the conversation on the official Vinylmation page on Facebook.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

Camille from OR on January 9th, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I feel like a little excited child thanks to that glorious sneak peak at PARK STARZ!!!!!!!!!

Steven Miller on January 9th, 2014 at 11:09 pm

@Camille – I’m glad to hear you liked the preview. The entire series looks great!

Melanie from FL on January 9th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Cranium Command & Park Starz Dreamfinder! MUST HAVE!!!!

Derek on January 9th, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Steven, I am interested in purchasing the Indiana Jones vinylmation tray from the Disney online store. I am on the west coast. Do you know what time, locally, they will put the vinylmations on the website for purchase? Usually when I get to work and look online most of the special trays are already sold out because of the time difference between the east coast and west coast. Thanks! Huge fan!

Steven Miller on January 9th, 2014 at 11:13 pm

@Derek – Items are typically added to the site around 3:00 a.m. EST. It is important to note that time is only a guideline and things may launch earlier or later than that time.

Katie on January 9th, 2014 at 4:37 pm

AHHH THANK YOU STEVEN for the Park Starz previews!!!!! :D :D I can’t wait to add them to my collection!!

Steven Miller on January 9th, 2014 at 11:14 pm

@Katie – You’re welcome. Just wait until you see the other figures!

Gregory from PA on January 9th, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I wasn’t too impressed with the Holiday Vinylmations from 2013 (Valentine’s, 4th of July, Halloween, etc) but I do like Easter 2014 Oswald and will have to add him to my collection!

Paula from OH on January 9th, 2014 at 5:05 pm

I, too, am SUPER interested in the Indiana Jones series. Do I need to stay up all night waiting for the Disney store to list it or can you slip the time it will be available? Thanks so much!!

Steven Miller on January 9th, 2014 at 11:15 pm

@Paula – Items may be added to the site around 3:00 a.m. EST. Please note that is an approximate time as things may be delayed.

Greg from GA on January 9th, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Usually the new Vinylmations are released on Disneystore at 3am EST.

Matthew on January 9th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Any chance of seeing some Gargoyles Vinylmation figures for the show’s 20th Anniversary this year? The Indy ones look sweet; I especially love the propellers on the “ears” of the mechanic.

Steven Miller on January 9th, 2014 at 11:15 pm

@Matthew – I don’t recall seeing such development. Sorry.

Rochelle on January 9th, 2014 at 7:24 pm

My autistic daughter would LOVE to get one of the Oswald Easter vinylmations for her identical twin when we are at WDW in March. Do you know what the price will be?

Steven Miller on January 9th, 2014 at 11:16 pm

@Rochelle – Great news! The retail will be $14.95 each, and it is scheduled for an end of March release at Disney Parks and on the Disney Parks online store.

Dana on January 9th, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Looking forward to the Duffy Series – Looks Adorable!!!

Cindy from FL on January 10th, 2014 at 10:52 am

I MUST HAVE Buzzy and General Knowledge. Cranium Command is the best!!

Paula from OH on January 17th, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Will the special Indiana Jones character that comes out Jan 24 be available online?

Alexander on May 11th, 2014 at 3:12 am

Hi Steven! Always love your posts! Will the new Park Starz be available online like they were last year? I’d love to get my hands on some but won’t be back to the parks until October (Food and Wine Festival, my favorite time of the year!) When exactly will they be released?

Thanks!