Spaceship Earth at Epcot

Disney Vacation Club Introduces Membership Magic

posted on January 30th, 2014 by Ryan March, Editor, Disney Vacation Club’s Disney Files Magazine

If you’re noticing an extra spring in the step of Disney Vacation Club Members, it could be because today marks the launch of Membership Magic, a diverse array of Membership enhancements, exclusive experiences and special perks. (Either that or members just happen to be wearing really springy shoes.)

“With Membership Magic, we are giving families even more to love about Disney Vacation Club,” said Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Disney Vacation Club. “It’s our special way of thanking our members for being such a valued part of the Disney Vacation Club family.”

DVC084731

The first wave of Membership Magic offerings (for those who have purchased a vacation ownership in Disney Vacation Club) includes new opportunities to see the world, new Walt Disney World Resort experiences created with Members in mind, new discounts to help stretch vacation dollars, a new online home for exclusive merchandise and more. The lineup also includes the annual Member Cruise voyage’s first summer sailing (August 24-28, 2014 aboard the Disney Dream ship), and two Membership-exclusive Adventures by Disney itineraries (New York City, and San Francisco & Napa).

Complete details about Membership Magic offerings, including availability and continuing access, are available now at DVCMember.com, and with more magic on the horizon (including offerings in California, Hawai`i and even at sea), look for Members’ collective step to get even springier.

Tagged:

Filed: Disney Vacation Club

liza from CA on January 30th, 2014 at 11:17 am

What great news! I am please to see DVC members receiving some specail offerings. I am very interested in the two Membership-exclusive Adventures by Disney itineraries.

Adam on January 30th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Where is the “New Online Home FOr Exclusive Merchandise And More?”
I am not seeing it on the new DVC Member website.

Claire from ON on January 30th, 2014 at 11:41 am

Ryan, nice to see your move to the virtual world! I’m so used to seeing you up to some cartoon shenanigans in the front of the DVC magazine, but its nice to see the “real” you from time to time. Loving the new offers! Especially the deals on premium Annual Passes. I just wish they’d bring back the 20% merchandise discounts that go along with it ;)
Thanks for the exciting updates!

Michael from FL on January 30th, 2014 at 11:49 am

When will Disney offer any benefits for Shareholders?

Colin from Wiltshire on January 30th, 2014 at 1:06 pm

This is excellent news :) So pleased to finally get a discount on the Premier Pass, was so disappointed last year when the price increase took the pass over $1,000 after tax, this discount makes it much better value for money once again :) Thank you DVC :)

Penny from CA on January 30th, 2014 at 3:19 pm

So very happy to see that you didn’t leave us DVC members here in CA out of the annual pass discounts this time :)

Mark on January 30th, 2014 at 3:57 pm

YAY!!

Jennie from CA on January 31st, 2014 at 12:00 am

Super excited we will be getting AP discounts. They’ve never done a discount for the Premiere.

Lauren on January 31st, 2014 at 12:16 am

where is the online merchandise link? I can’t find it anywhere.

Melissa from DE on January 31st, 2014 at 2:12 pm

This DOES put a spring in my step — seeing Disney market specifically to DVC members makes me feel like a member of a community — not just like I bought a single product (even such a very nice product!)

Bernard on February 3rd, 2014 at 4:21 pm

My wife and I are new DVC members, so I have a question for you veterans. We usually buy the dining plan when using our DVC points, so the fact that DVC offers discounts on food usually doesn’t apply to us. We do get a 10% discount on merchandise, but we also get that as an AP member AND as a Disney cardholder. I’ve always wondered why DVC doesn’t offer a better discount on the dining plan?? So, what else is there?? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Joni on February 4th, 2014 at 7:09 am

I would like a better discount on food too. We are there at least 3 or 4 times a year. Help us to be able to eat at some of the nicer places by giving us a discount and we could/would do it more often.

Adam from TX on February 4th, 2014 at 1:12 pm

If you will use your DVC discount on the Tables In Wonderland Card. You can get 20% off on almost every dining establishment on property. Do you need more than 20% off? We use Tables In Wonderland for every trip. We go 2 to 3 times a year, and only have to pay for it once. We have eaten anything and everything we have wanted, and have not paid the price that we would have for a Dining Plan yet.

Suzanne from MI on March 5th, 2014 at 2:59 pm

ok,why can’t i get into my DVC membership??