Disneyland Park, Haunted Mansion Stretch Painting

Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First Make Their Debut at Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

posted on January 27th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Two of the biggest stars from Disney Junior, Doc McStuffins and Sofia from “Sofia the First,” have joined the cast of Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine.

DAS836257

As part of this character dining experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, kids have the chance to meet Doc, Sofia, Handy Manny and Jake from “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.” And during special musical moments throughout breakfast and lunch, they’re invited to get up and join in the fun with the characters and our Disney Junior Play Pals.

In fact, an all-new musical moment has been added, with favorite songs from the TV shows, “Doc McStuffins” and “Sofia the First.” Doc and the Play Pals get everyone to stretch and flex, so they’re “Ready for Action,” while Princess Sofia helps the Play Pals remind their friends that they can do “Anything.”

Of course, the “Hot Dog Song” from “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Talk Like a Pirate,” and other popular tunes are still part of the fun, so Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine offers something for every Disney Junior fan!

Filed: Disney Dining, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort

Ruth on January 27th, 2014 at 11:34 am

I haven’t told my daughter that her two “most favorite-ist” Disney Junior friends are now at Play & Dine. She will not believe her eyes when we dine there in June!!

Shawn Slater on January 27th, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Ruth – What a great surprise!

Ethan on January 27th, 2014 at 11:53 am

Do these characters sign autographs?

Shawn Slater on January 27th, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Ethan – Yes! You’ll be able to collect autographs from all the Disney Junior characters appearing at Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine.

Elantrice on January 27th, 2014 at 12:21 pm

We have a lunch ADR for February. My nephew loves all of these characters!! We will be just as excited as him!!

Danielle on January 27th, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Any idea if they will bring this experience to Disneyland?

Shawn Slater on January 27th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Danielle – I’m not aware of any plans to bring Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine to the Disneyland Resort, but you can enjoy “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!” at Disney California Adventure, which now includes segments from “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First,” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.” You can also meet Sofia and Jake from time to time in Hollywood Land.

Daniella on January 27th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

That’s incredibly exciting! I can’t wait to experience this one day!

Dustin on January 27th, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Bravo Disney. I’ve long maintained that Sofia the First is an excellent addition to the pantheon of Disney Princesses (and characters in general). Well done!

Tiffany on January 27th, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Hello! Do you know if this is the only way to meet Doc McStuffins? When we were there last April, Jake & Handy Manny were outside for pictures. We are going back again this April and I need to know if Doc McStuffins is ever out for pictures or only in the dining?? Thank you!!

Shawn Slater on January 28th, 2014 at 10:24 am

Tiffany – At this time, Doc McStuffins is only appearing as part of Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine at Hollywood & Vine.

Timothy on January 27th, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Did this debut today or yesterday?

Shawn Slater on January 28th, 2014 at 10:25 am

Timothy – Their first day at Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine was Sunday, Jan. 26.

Cheryl on January 28th, 2014 at 9:28 am

So exciting!!! We booked a breakfast there for next week, and were thrilled when we heard Doc McStuffins will be there. My kids are obsessed!!! I’m dreaming of warmer temperatures and sunshine…. Can’t wait to be there.

Shawn Slater on January 28th, 2014 at 10:28 am

Cheryl – The forecast looks pretty good for most of next week… daytime highs in the mid- to upper-70s. I hope you have a great time!

Sandra on January 28th, 2014 at 10:18 am

We will also be at WDW in April for a short trip. Granny is trying to please ages 8-69. Can you please tell me if Doc McStuffins is outside of the show for pictures? Thanks for your help and advice.

Shawn Slater on January 28th, 2014 at 10:32 am

Sandra – You can get pictures with Doc McStuffins during breakfast or lunch at Hollywood & Vine. It’s a character dining experience, which will delight the children in your group, and the buffet has loads of delicious choices for the adults to indulge in!

Clarence from PA on January 28th, 2014 at 10:34 am

Finally Disney has it right for small children. Wahooooo !

heleen on January 29th, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Hi, I was wondering how I go about booking one of these character meals if I am not staying in the park. Also, any good recommendations when traveling with two boys ages 3 and 5?

Sarah on February 6th, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Is this the only place to see Sofia the First or is she elsewhere? Are there opportunities to get pictures with her?

jolene on February 7th, 2014 at 5:13 pm

My daughter is mad about Doc McStuffin, how do I book a dining experience specifically with her. ?

Amanda on February 8th, 2014 at 3:07 am

We are visiting in May with our little boy who will be almost 4 and have booked this lunch as a surprise. He will love the new characters but we were really looking forward to meeting Special Agent Oso as he is his altimeter favourite character. Do you know if there is anywhere else we can meet him ? Thanks, Amanda

chan on February 10th, 2014 at 1:05 pm

We are visiting in May for my daughters 4th birthday and wanted to know will Doc McStuffins and Sofia be there for both breakfast and/or lunch? Also, what are the prices for kids 4 and under? Thanks

Natalie on February 10th, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Where are they at Disneyland Resort in California?

Martha on February 11th, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Is this at Disney world in Florida or Disney Land in California?

Eva on February 15th, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Hi, is Lambie from the show Doc McStuffins part of the the dining experience as well? Thanks!

Matthew on February 16th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

It’s a shame you can’t meet Pete the Cat from the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse….

Jeremy on February 16th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

This is at Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. We did this lunch on 2/4 and one of my nephews had so much fun with Jake, and my niece had fun with Sophia!

Jennifer on February 19th, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Hi, we are coming next week. My son loves Handy Manny. Is he still at the Play n Dine? Can we see him anywhere else? Thanks!

Lisa on February 25th, 2014 at 7:32 pm

We will be in Disney World in August and I would like to make my dining reservations. Is it likely that Jake and Doc will still be doing this character breakfast the last week of August?

Karen on February 28th, 2014 at 10:43 am

Can you make reservations online or do you just make reservations once you get into the park?

Meghan on April 6th, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I booked a breakfast at Hollywood and Vine on April 20th, 2014. Are Sofia and Doc McStuffins a guaranteed or not? My little girl would be heart broken if she didn’t see them.

Cheryl on April 30th, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Hi, My husband and I are bringing our four year old daughter there for her very first Disney experience. I have tried to get a reservation for the Play N Dine with Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First and have had no luck. We will only be there for three days and I really want her to experience this. Is there any way I can be notified of any cancellations ahead of time? Thank you in advance.