Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland Park

Exciting New Merchandise on the Horizon for Disney Parks in 2014

posted on January 3rd, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

NMI8764522

As the New Year begins, I wanted to share a first look at some amazing new merchandise coming to Disney Parks. I don’t think words can capture how excited I am for these new things. Let’s start with another look at the “Disney Holiday for your Home Collection” arriving later in 2014.

NMI8764523

Before the recently concluded holidays, you may recall a Disney Parks Blog story about D-Tech on Demand that included this holiday artwork. I spoke with seasonal merchandiser Roger Dressen who explained the inspiration behind the new program.

“The holidays are a swell time of the year to remember favorite memories and traditions,” said Roger. “We wanted a retro-inspired art program that captured with the warmth and magic of the season while adding a splash of Disney. The artwork will used on a host of new items including ornaments, decorations and more.”

NMI8764524

Last November, we announced the Marketplace Co Op location coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace in 2014. I’m delighted to share two things created especially for Centerpiece, the home goods mini-shop in that location. There will be salt and pepper shakers shaped like Disney Parks’ trash cans! I also can’t wait to enjoy freshly squeezed orange juice poured from the Orange Bird-themed glass pitcher.

NMI8764525

Speaking of Orange Bird, he will make another appearance on a new T-shirt inspired by the attraction poster from Magic Kingdom Park. The overwhelmingly positive responses to the recently released 2014 calendars and the fantastic “Poster Art of the Disney Parks” hardcover book paved the way for several new shirts. Look for them on the Disney Parks online store in the coming months. They will be released similar to how we released the Horizons 30th Anniversary T-shirt last November.

NMI8764526

In May, we will celebrate five years of Dooney & Bourke handbags and accessories at Disney Parks. We are planning a small celebration and will be releasing several new designs this year. I love the above artwork with Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

NMI8764527

Finally, fans of the Haunted Mansion attraction should beware of incredible merchandise in 2014. An entirely new style guide containing some hauntingly beautiful artwork was recently created for this classic Disney attraction. Look for new items to follow you home in late 2014.

I’d love to hear which items are your favorites in the comments below.

Filed: Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort

wendy on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Can’t wait to see what new Dooney purse comes out. The salt and pepper shakers are so cute, and I love the HM and the t shirts. All of it looks wonderful.

Sarah from CT on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Whatever happened with the Haunted Mansion Dooney & Bourke bag being available online…the original post said they would be available online later in the fall, but I never saw it.

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:10 pm

@Sarah – I know there were at least two different times the bag was offered on the Disney Parks online store in the past few months. Unfortunately, both times they sold out quickly. At this point, there are no immediate plans to offer that item again. I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you.

Kyle on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:13 pm

The poster shirts look amazing! Are the poster calendars going to be available again? They have been sold out everywhere.

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:11 pm

@Kyle – I looked at inventory levels this morning and it appears the calendars are available at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts. Your best option may be to contact our Merchandise Guest Services team by telephone 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com. Please reference the following item numbers:

Disneyland Resort – 400007737082
Walt Disney World Resort – 400007737075

Sandra from FL on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I must have the Orange Bird set!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:12 pm

@Sandra – That makes two of us :)

Joe on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:14 pm

looks great!my wife will be very interested in the D&B – but i am curious about the Disney Trash cans? Is that a collection for around the parks or salt and pepper shakers – I have photos of almost all the trash cans so this peeked my interest in them. Thanks for your time! – Joe

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

@Joe – The trash cans pictured in the first image are salt and pepper shakers. From my understanding, they were inspired by trash cans found at Magic Kingdom Park and will be sold individually (allowing you to mix and match). Of course, I must have them all! :)

Kim from FL on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Still waiting to hear when the D&B Haunted Mansion purses are coming. I had thought they’d be here for the holiday shopping season.

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

@Kim – There were orders that arrived for both the Parks and online. Unfortunately, they sold out extremely fast. There are no immediate plans to reintroduce that particular bag at this time. I’m sorry for your frustration.

Anthony on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Hey Steven , love the update. Question, is the Mansion merchandise going to be available on both coasts, or will Cali be getting exclusive 45th Anniversary merchandise we won’t get in Florida

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:15 pm

@Anthony – Please stay tuned :) I will have more details to share in the coming months.

Jennie from CA on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Love those trashcan s/p shakers. A must have for our home.

mike on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:26 pm

WOW!…can’t wait for that Tropical Serenade t-shirt. The little trash can salt shakers look cool too…

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

@Mike – Yes and yes!! Great choices :)

Joe on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Are the park trashcans sold as a set?

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

@Joe – The trashcan salt and pepper shakers will be sold individually so you can mix and match.

Stacy on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:32 pm

The Dooney HM bags HAVE been online several times already, but they sell out within minutes to an hour of posting. They are typically released at 3am EST online and then gone by the time most people wake up!!!!!

Jacqueline on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Greetings Steven,

As I scrolled downwards I became more and more excited!
Great merchandise, thanks for sharing!

Happy New Year,
Jacqueline

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

@Jacqueline – Thank you! Imagine me trying to write this story … super excited :) Happy New Year to you. Stay warm!

Anthony on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I love the Orange Bird pitcher & glasses those will be coming home with me on my next visit and the Haunted mansion artwork if fantastic! and who would not want Disney Parks trash can salt & pepper shakers! Thanks Steven for keeping us up to date on the 2014 merchandise must haves!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:20 pm

@Anthony – You’re welcome! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the preview as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Joey on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I’m digging the skull Haunted Mansion shirt. Reminds me both of a Phantom Manor shirt that I had seen pictures of in the Paris shops that used the skull motif and the composition itself reminds me of one of the stories from the Haunted Mansion comic book published by SLG that had a Hatbox Ghost-like figure (though not Hatty himself) move into the Mansion.

Sabrina on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Oh wow, I’m excited for all of these!! Are any of these thing a limited edition or limited release? The attraction poster t-shirts and Orange bird pitcher? What about the Dooney & Bourke items?

And are all these available by beginning of May? My parents are visiting WDW by then and I wiuld love for them to pick me up things :)

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:22 pm

@Sabrina – At this point, the items pictured are just a sneak preview. I don’t have all final details regarding release dates, locations, etc. I know that the shirts will be offered our Disney Parks online store in the coming months. They will be sold for a limited time frame. As for the other items, please stay tuned.

Meghan on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Will the Orange Bird pitcher and glasses be available at Disneyland, or just WDW? And if just WDW, could you provide the SKU, release date, and price info? Thanks :)

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:23 pm

@Meghan – I know that the item was created for the Centerpiece location inside the Marketplace Co Op store coming to Downtown Disney Marketplace. I also know that World of Disney at Downtown Disney District in California will have some Orange Bird items. I don’t have all the final details available right now, but I invite you to stay tuned in the coming months.

Oleg from CA on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Thanks for the update Steven. I was wondering if the salt and pepper shakers will be available online or at Disneyland as well. Such a neat small way to show off your DisneySide. and the new Holiday items look great – I have not seen an overall push with a new style in a while.

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:24 pm

@Oleg – I’m glad you liked them. I know they will be sold individually once the Centerpiece location opens at the Marketplace Co Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace. I also know that select items may be carried on the Disney Parks online store and maybe other places. Since this article was just a sneak preview, I don’t have all final details. Please keep watching the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months.

Katherine on January 3rd, 2014 at 3:58 pm

I am gonna have to keep my eye out for the Country Bear Tee shirt. I Really miss that attraction at Disneyland.

Jennifer on January 3rd, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Sarah from CT and Kim from FL – the HM Dooney bags were briefly available online at the Disney Store, but they sold out almost immediately! I hope there will be more Dooney bags coming out in 2014 with the Haunted Mansion print – hopefully with a purple interior!

Stacy from CA on January 3rd, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Anything planned for Journey Into Imagination (Figment)’s 31st anniversary (given that that 30th anniversary passed with only a pin)? Horizon’s 20th got a t-shirt, so here’s to hoping that Figment will be remembered this year!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

@Stacy – Figment is awesome! Stay tuned later this year :)

Michael on January 3rd, 2014 at 4:31 pm

What is with the mini garbage cans? The other stuff looks nice and all, especially the Christmas items – but those cans caught my eye, and you didn’t explain them :-) I don’t know why, but I think I need them

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:27 pm

@Michael – The trashcans are salt and pepper shakers which will be sold individually.

Deborah from CA on January 3rd, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Kyle,I got my Disneyland calendar by calling disney parks merchandise directly.For Disneyland the number is 877-560-6477. if you want WDW merchandise, try 407-363-6200. Hope you find one.

George from NY on January 3rd, 2014 at 5:29 pm

REALLY interested in the trash cans… PUSH! but um? what are they? I don’t think they are salt and pepper… speakers?

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:28 pm

@George – They are salt and pepper shakers that will be sold individually so you can mix and match.

Jaime on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Really hoping for a D&B event in CALIFORNIA. Esp. like the one-of-a-kind-didn’t-make-in-production pieces that were alilable in florida.

Arlene from NJ on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Thanks for sharing, Steven. The Haunted Mansion artwork looks amazing. Will the Madame Leota pattern be available in a Dooney bag? I can’t wait to buy it all!!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:28 pm

@Arlene – Just wait! So much cool artwork has been developed. You are going to love it. Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months.

Nicolette on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Okay, I am a Disney Christmas girl. I am dying right now with these new visuals. I CANNOT wait to see and own everything they do with these prints! Please show pics asap!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:32 pm

@Nicolette – Tell me about it!?! I love, love, love this artwork. Stay tuned in a couple of months as I will offer some additional looks. Right now, we really only have artwork. Samples will begin to arrive in the coming months.

Lisa from WI on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for the update Steven! So excited to see more Orange Bird merchandise! I’m an Orange Bird collector, so the shirt and pitcher are a must have! Any idea when they will be available? Also, will the pitcher and glasses be available online?

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:33 pm

@Lisa – You are going to love visiting the Centerpiece location inside the Marketplace Co Op. Since this was only a sneak preview, I’m unsure at this point if it will be carried online. I know that select items are coming to the Disney Parks online store.

Dawne on January 3rd, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Steven, I absolutely adore the retro feeling and vibe I am getting from the new designs. I cannot wait to see everything in person so I can truly fall in love.

Sherri from TX on January 3rd, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I love the vintage style shirts and I wish they would make some of this merchandise in larger sizes. My husband is 6’6″ and he never gets to buy any shirts at Disney anymore. They used to carry some larger sizes, but we haven’t seen anything over a 2X on our last 4 trips. I know it wouldn’t be worth making everything in Big & Tall sizes, but it would be nice if there were some things.

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 2:55 pm

@Sherri – Thank you for the feedback. I will share your comments with the development team.

david on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:31 pm

It all looks so cool! Love the Orange Bird merch! The Trash Can Salt n Pepper shakers! The Tees are OUTSTANDING! BUT, I Know you can guess what Im looking forward to the MOST! THE HM MERCH! LOVE the Gargoyle design! David, Your HM Pal in Ohio

Denise from IA on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:36 pm

LOVE the Orange Bird pitcher & juice glasses – those are a must have, as well as all the Haunted Mansion items. And here’s another plea for larger sizes in the t-shirts, please: 3X & 4X if you would.

Keep up the great work, Steven!

Sara from MO on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:37 pm

So much to love here! I love retro Christmas stuff so those cards look terrific to me, Orange Bird is a favorite of mine so the pitcher and glasses and t-shirt are must haves along with the Tiki room shirt too. Thanks for sharing!

Louella from CA on January 3rd, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Those trash cans are adorable!

ann on January 3rd, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I like it all!

Andrea on January 4th, 2014 at 5:29 am

Hi Steven! I know my husband, James, would be VERY interested in the skeleton head of the Haunted Mansion especially if it were to be available in a t-shirt style. If possible in a larger size like 4XL? He would be elated beyond words!!! Plus, I love to buy him Disney products!

Thanks Much

Karen from MA on January 4th, 2014 at 7:47 am

I love all the new items. Favorites would be the salt&pepper shakers, D&B and the Haunted Mansion items.

Adam on January 4th, 2014 at 9:31 am

Wonderful new items. Can’t wait for the Orange Bird stuff to come out. Hopefully can get them before my wedding there in July!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

@Adam – Wishing you much happiness for your upcoming wedding! Congratulations.

Todd from OH on January 4th, 2014 at 11:10 am

Must have the Trash Can S/P shakers! LOVE those! Next the vintage cards and the Little Orange Bird set! Love anything unique and retro! Good design is always BEST!! Really wish the D & B line included a wallet for men! We would have to have several of them if they were available! Don’t miss out on that market! Thanks!

Carrie from NV on January 4th, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I was excited about the poster series shirts until I read that they’re being released in the same fashion as the Horizon shirts. I want to see and feel the quality of the shirt and the sizing before I buy it. And I don’t want to pay shipping or wait 6 to 8 weeks. I wish these were offered in the parks or even the physical Disney stores instead of how they’re being offered.

Alisa on January 4th, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I also want to know if the merchandise made for the Centerpiece store -salt & pepper shakers, the Orange Bird pitcher and glasses – will be sold online for those of us who can’t get to Florida? The t-shirts look great! Are plans to reorder the 2014 Attractions Poster Calendar and the Poster Art of the Disney Parks book?

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

@Alisa – I know that select items from the Centerpiece location may be carried on the Disney Parks online store. Since this is a first look at those items, I don’t have all final details. Please stay tuned. As for the calendars, I checked this morning and it looked like there was some available at Disney Parks. Your best option would be contacting the Merchandise Guest Services team by telephone 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com. Please reference the following item numbers:

Disneyland Resort Calendar – 400007737082
Walt Disney World Resort Calendar – 400007737075
Poster Art of The Disney Parks – 400006481580

Dawn from GA on January 4th, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Love the retro look of the T-shirts – so cool!

Wish that Kingdom Hearts merchandise was part of the new line-up, my daughter is going nuts to see KH stuff in the parks. :)

Derek on January 4th, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Please tell me the shirts inspired by the attraction posters will be available online. PLEASE!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

@Derek – Okay. They will be sold online. :) Actually, the shirts will be released similar to how the Horizons 30th Anniversary tee and the Santa Dreamfinder and Figment tee were released.

Dana on January 4th, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Hi Steven and Happy New Year!!!

I am very excited for any new HM Merchandise :) I am interested in knowing if there will be any new Dooney HM designs coming for 2014…..Last year we were lucky enough to purchase the Dooney Large HM Purse. Will there be any additional items in a smaller version available in 2014…..also any new DCL Merchandise on the horizon :)

Thanks as always!!!
Dana A FL

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 3:42 pm

@Dana – Happy New Year to you! Nice to hear from you. Please stay tuned for additional details about both Dooney & Bourke items and new items for Disney Cruise Line. I think you will be delighted.

Ryan on January 5th, 2014 at 11:31 am

2014 looks to be very promising in Merchandising! I adore the shirts inspired by the poster art. Would love vintage 1950s retro alternatives inspired expressly by the posters you encounter upon entering the tunnels underneath the train station on Main Street USA. I’d also even love Men’s polos & shorts with popular icons from the lands at MK!

Tyler on January 5th, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Oh my goodness! I NEED THOSE TRASHCANS! I used to work in custodial at Disneyland, so the trashcans are perfect for me.

Jamie on January 5th, 2014 at 6:03 pm

These are amazing. I’m especially fond of the holiday collection! I would love to see more Mary Poppins things available in the parks!

Steven Miller on January 6th, 2014 at 3:44 pm

@Jamie – I think you will love Cherry Tree Lane that is coming to the Marketplace Co Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace. Stay tuned!!

Michael on January 6th, 2014 at 2:49 am

Adding my voice to those who really want one of the 2014 attraction calendars.

Jackie on January 6th, 2014 at 10:36 am

LOVE the poster art t-shirts and the Dooney & Bourke!!!!

Javier on January 6th, 2014 at 11:21 am

Hi Steven.

My girlfriend will be graduating from University this year and I would like to know if the graduation ears hat and the Duffy “class of 2014” plush will be available to purchase in the Disney Online Store because we live in Spain.

She can´t wait to graduate with her Mickey ears.

Thank you in advance.