New York World's Fair 50th Anniversary

Meet Captain America from ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ This Spring at Disneyland Park in Anaheim

posted on January 10th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

In honor of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” coming to theaters April 4, guests at Disneyland park in Anaheim will soon have the opportunity to meet the First Avenger in person. Captain America, who has already been making appearances at Avengers Academy on the reimagined Disney Magic, will be dropping in to Disneyland park starting this spring, where you can also experience continuing favorites Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries and Thor: Treasures of Asgard.
Be sure to check back here on the Disney Parks Blog next month, as we share more details about how you’ll be able to visit with Captain America at Disneyland park.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

16 Comments 6 Replies Add Yours

Loren from CA on January 10th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Oh, fine! First you make me tear up seeing the Hall of Armor from Iron Man…then, you make me weep making a childhood dream come true to meet Thor…and now you’re bringing my childhood hero Captain America to Disneyland?!?!?! Well, THANKS A LOT! I love you. ;)

Shawn Slater on January 10th, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Loren – Sorry ’bout that, and uh… Thank you?

Jindy from CA on January 10th, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Yes, please!!

Carolyn from CA on January 10th, 2014 at 2:08 pm

I am literally shaking I’m so excited for this! You just made four fan girls SO happy!

Benjamin on January 10th, 2014 at 2:20 pm

I hereby officially coin the term “Innovengers”.

Shawn Slater on January 10th, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Benjamin – Ha! Clever.

Fred from CA on January 10th, 2014 at 3:07 pm

Very cool. I’m looking forward to reading more details about the experience.

Kimberly on January 10th, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I’m curious, will they ever be doing cool things with The Avengers at WDW?
These appearances seem so cool!

Samantha on January 10th, 2014 at 7:23 pm

By “continuing favorites Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries and Thor: Treasures of Asgard” does that mean they are both still going on and that Captain America will be added so it’s all 3? I was under the influence that these were temporary sets?

Terri on January 10th, 2014 at 8:02 pm

YES!! see you next month!!

Dolores from CA on January 10th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Please tell me both other avengers exhibits aren’t going anywhere?

Sylvia on January 11th, 2014 at 5:34 am

wait so does this mean thor will still be there when captain america gets there?

Shawn Slater on January 11th, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Samantha, Dolores, and Sylvia – Yes! Thor: Treasures of Asgard and Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries are both expected to continue, along with the appearance of Captain America this spring.

Tiffany on January 11th, 2014 at 1:09 pm

As a Walt Disney World passholder, I would love to see this at our parks in Florida. Any possibility of that happening???

Shawn Slater on January 11th, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Kimberly and Tiffany – For now, these Super Hero experiences are exclusive to the Disneyland Resort (with Captain America also making trips out to the Disney Fantasy to check in on the Avengers Academy aboard ship). I guess you’ll just have to plan a trip west to Walt’s original park!

Tyler on January 11th, 2014 at 4:53 pm

@Tiffany sorry to say it but at this point in time there is no chance of this happening in WDW. Universal owns the Marvel theme park rights east of the Mississippi.

Will Captain America be making appearances at the beginning of March (1-3) or not until after then? Also, can I take it to be that Iron Man and Thor will both be there still when I’m at the parks 2/24-3/3???

Tyler on January 11th, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Also, is there any chance that Black Widow could make appearances with Cap?? IMO its time to gut Innoventions and just make it an Avengers/Marvel hub of epicness

Thor from CA on January 11th, 2014 at 5:00 pm

These Marvel experiences at Disneyland are so artfully created and presented; Bravo Disneyland! It’s great to see another one coming this year. But I have to ask, why is the “Winter Soldier” debuting in spring? Why not January?

Shawn Slater on January 12th, 2014 at 9:58 am

Thor – I’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to the team! You’ll have to wait and see the movie, though, when it opens April 4, to learn the truth behind the Winter Soldier… ;-)

Summer on January 11th, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Let me just say I have been dreaming of this exhibit since the hall of armor first arrived! I know this is a long shot but any possibility of Black Widow joining Cap for the meet and greats? I mean she IS going to be in Winter Soldier…

Shawn Slater on January 12th, 2014 at 10:02 am

Summer – Seeing Black Widow WOULD be a treat! Sorry to disappoint, but she’ll be off on other assignments and not able to make it to Disneyland. :-(

Emily on January 21st, 2014 at 11:12 am

I LOVE CAPTAIN AMERICA and I really hope that he will be there when I go to Disneyland this spring!!!!! I would be tots blown away if I could meet him!!!! Do they by chance sell Captain America shields at Disneyland because I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.