Mad Tea Party at Disney Parks

New Merchandise to Bloom at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Starting March 5

posted on January 28th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

My fellow Disney Parks Blog author Jennifer Fickley-Baker recently shared that the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is returning to Walt Disney World Resort on March 5. Her story prompted me to do some digging for details about the merchandise being offered this year. Here is a first look at some of my favorite items coming to Epcot.
New Merchandise to Bloom at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, Featuring Garden Items

You may recall that we introduced topiary artwork last year to our merchandise assortment. This fun and festive artwork was created by our Yellow Shoes Marketing group and it was wildly popular with guests attending the event. This year, we have used that artwork on new softlines, home décor and more.

I particularly love some of the new garden items including a Minnie Mouse wind chime that I think my mother would enjoy. The Donald Duck garden stake also made me laugh (I think he’s my favorite character topiary image from this event). We will also have a new 12-inch pre-dressed Duffy the Disney Bear that resembles a garden gnome. I’m personally buzzing about the updated coffee mug that features a hidden bee image inside.
new pins485485

Topiaries also found their way onto new pins created especially for this year’s Festival. There is a limited release pin featuring Mickey Mouse that will be found in multiple locations through Epcot. There are also a series of limited-edition pins that include characters like Kermit the Frog or Mater and Lightning McQueen.
New Merchandise to Bloom at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, Featuring Vinylmation

Finally, the Vinylmation team will introduce a new “revealed/concealed” mystery set with figures shaped like topiaries on March 28. Disney Design Group artist Caley Hicks designed the 3-inch figures. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey topiary is the revealed figure in the set, and it will be found on the top of each mystery box. The other four figures will be randomly packaged, so you won’t know which one you get.

I invite you to stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks as I will be offering a first look inside the Festival Center located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy pavilions at Epcot.

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

16 Comments 10 Replies Add Yours

Jacqueline on January 28th, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Steven,

I can’t tell you how very happy you’ve made me this afternoon. As I was scrolling down the post I loved everything even more.

Fabulous gardening Mickey inspired merchandise and I’ll be showing my #DisneySide this Spring and Summer.

Best regards,
Jackie

Steven Miller on January 28th, 2014 at 5:02 pm

@Jackie – How wonderful! Glad to hear you enjoyed the article. I that that hat is pretty fun.

Jonathan on January 28th, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Will anything be carried online for the typical week? (mug in particular??)

Thanks!!

Steven Miller on January 28th, 2014 at 5:03 pm

@Jonathan – There are no plans at this time to carry items via our Disney Parks online store.

Scott on January 28th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Looks great! When will more information be released about the food kiosks this year at the festival?

Steven Miller on January 28th, 2014 at 5:05 pm

@Scott – Did someone say food?! {Perks up} :) That’s a great question. I’ll have to check with my food & beverage partners; I’ve not heard any details. Meanwhile, I invite you to keep watching the Disney Parks Blog or visit http://www.EpcotInSpring.com

Stefanie on January 28th, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Yeah!! I now know what hat I will be getting in March. Thanks for the great post

Amy on January 29th, 2014 at 11:13 am

I saw that there will also be a calendar available. Any word on when that will be sold? Will this be able to be purchased through the WDW Merchandising number?

Steven Miller on January 30th, 2014 at 9:39 am

@Amy – Wow. How did you hear about that (Spoilers!:)? I just saw it for the first time early this week after I had turned in this article. The calendar features topiary images from previous Epcot International Flower and Garden Festivals. The calendar will have the months of March 2014 to February 2015. It’s so pretty! Sadly I don’t have an item number at this time (since the Festival is still about a month away). You may try contacting Merchandise Guest Serices after the start of the Festival. I can’t guarantee that they will have access to it at the time of inquiry. More to come.

AmyLynn on January 29th, 2014 at 11:59 am

Please tell me there will be something with the Trolls from Frozen. They are adorable and would be a great Flower and Garden addition.

Steven Miller on January 30th, 2014 at 9:39 am

@AmyLynn – Unfortunately, I have not seen any such development.

Lauren on January 29th, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I love the Flower and Garden Festival! It is my favorite Disney festival of the year so we always go the first week of the festival at the beginning of March. So, I am a bit disappointed that the Topiary reveal/conceal Vinylmation figures will not be released until March 28th when I won’t be there. Will they be sold online, or through the Merchandise phone number? Are they limited edition or limited release? Thanks.

Steven Miller on January 30th, 2014 at 9:48 am

@Lauren – The Vinylmation Topiaries set wasn’t exactly great for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. The figures were certainly inspired by the topiaries found during the event. That is part of the reason why it won’t be released at the start of the event. I’m sorry for your disappointment.

I have good news. The item is currently planned for an online store release on March 28 as well (note that dates are subject to change without notice). From my understanding, it’s a limited release set.

Norma from CA on January 29th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Hi Steven! Please,please, find out how I can purchase the gardening Mickey Hat from CA. The sun is always bright and shiny here in San Diego! I appreciate your efforts! Thank you!

Steven Miller on January 30th, 2014 at 9:43 am

@Norma – You may try contacting Merchandise Guest Services after the start of the festival. There are two ways to contact them: by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com

Please note that they may not have access to that hat when you contact them.

Felipe on January 29th, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I’m loving the Kermit pin! Can’t wait to get it. :D

Bryana on January 30th, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Any chance that some of this stuff will be out a little bit early? I will be there for Princess weekend and my Mother In Law would love the windchime!

Steven Miller on February 3rd, 2014 at 4:54 pm

@Bryana – Unfortunately, the items won’t be released until the start of the festival on March 5. The Vinylmation figures won’t be released until March 28. You may be interested, however, that I’m working on a story about the Princess Half Marathon merchandise. Maybe I will see you there as my fiancee is participating this year. :)

Norma from CA on January 31st, 2014 at 10:37 am

Thank you Steven. I will certainly contact Merchandise Guest Services in March. I’ll keep my fingers crossed. Make it a magical day!

Kathleen from MA on February 2nd, 2014 at 12:12 am

So many great items! How will I ever choose?? Guess I’ll just get them all! I’m not able to come until the last week of the festival so I hope some items are made available online or through Merchandise Services. Pretty please :-)

Steven Miller on February 3rd, 2014 at 4:57 pm

@Kathleen – I spoke with the online team but there are no immediate plans to carry the Flower and Garden Festival items online. They may offer a calendar but there was not confirmation as to if or when that would happen. The Merchandise Guest Serivces team may (stressing the word “may”) have access to these items after the start of the Festival.

Joan on February 3rd, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I will be leaving WDW on 3/4. Do you think any of there merchandise and displays will be available that day? Thanks

Steven Miller on February 3rd, 2014 at 4:55 pm

@Joan – From my understanding, the items won’t be released until March 5 with the start of the festival. I’ve not heard of any soft opening for the Festival Center.

Bryana on February 4th, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Yay! I’ve been anxious for the Princess merch post! Can’t wait to see how I’ll be blowing my tax return, LOL!

Randi on February 19th, 2014 at 11:26 pm

where will the items be in epcot for purchase? Will they also have the flamingo lawn art?

Bob on April 22nd, 2014 at 7:30 am

Hi Steve

My wife and I have just come back from a wonderful three weeks in Orlando, we had a great time going around all the parks at Disney especially the gardens at Epcot. My wife purchased the resin figure of Mickey as part of the celebration garden event, we could only get the one because of weight restrictions for travelling. Do you know if there is a Minnie that I could purchase for my wife as a suprise present.

Many thanks

Bob

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.