Walt Disney "Partners" Statue at Disneyland Resort

Spice Road Table Soft Opens – Official Opening Date Coming Soon

posted on January 11th, 2014 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

The doors are quietly opening tomorrow at Spice Road Table at the Morocco Pavilion at Epcot, giving the staff time to ease into the new kitchen and iron out details.

The official opening with lively fanfare will be announced soon, and we’ll have details on the blog for the all-new food offerings located along World Showcase Lagoon, featuring Mediterranean small plates, specialty wines, beers and aperitifs from the region.
Spice Road Table Soft Opens – Official Opening Date Coming Soon

Inspired by the outdoor cafés along the Mediterranean, the whitewashed façade of Spice Road Table is accented in icy shades of blue from the famous “Blue City” of Chefchaouen in Morocco’s Rif Mountains. With 120 outdoor terrace seats, the inside will seat 60 with cozy booths, Moroccan light fixtures, tilework, tapestries and art representing Morocco’s indigenous Berber tribes is showcased.

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Disney Dining, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort

6 Comments Add Yours

Deborah from CA on January 11th, 2014 at 12:13 pm

I hope the menu hasn’t changed too much.I always enjoyed eating there. I also hope you haven’t left out the healthy and veggie options.

Sarah on January 12th, 2014 at 12:03 pm

My parents tried it yesterday and loved it! They said the view of the lagoon was wonderful – as were the rice stuffed grape leaves, olives, hummus and cod croquettes. They love to “snack” around Epcot, so the small plates here were perfect for them.

Richard from OH on January 12th, 2014 at 3:17 pm

A soft opening? I don’t think so! By all means let’s have a media event later, but anyone who was there on Jan 11 knows that the staff was very enthusiastic about finally being OPEN! And they clearly don’t need any time to “ease in”. The food and service were wonderful!

Bobby on January 13th, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I heard that they’re not accepting reservations. Is that just while it’s in soft opening, or will that be the case for the foreseeable future? Either way, really excited to try there on my next trip!

Richard from OH on January 13th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Bobby — I was told by the manager that it has not yet been decided by the powers that be whether Spice Road Table will be classified as a Table Service restaurant. If it is, reservations will surely become available, otherwise not.

Adrianna on January 21st, 2014 at 8:27 am

Morocco is my favorite foodie stop at Epcot. I look forward to sampling Spice Road on our next trip!

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.