Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Happy Holidays from Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World Resort

All In The Details: Imagineers Add Film-Inspired Details To Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

posted on February 6th, 2014 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

This week we’re taking a look at some of the props you’ll find inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train when the attraction opens in New Fantasyland later this year.
MIN111000

The props, including lanterns, ropes, pulleys and buckets of shiny jewels were inspired by items found in the mine scenes of the film “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” And about those gems? According to our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering, jewels appear throughout the mine in four different sizes and in six different colors: red, green, amber, purple, blue and clear.

What do you think? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

Click on the links below for more on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train from Walt Disney Imagineering:

Tagged: , , , ,

Filed: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort

David on February 6th, 2014 at 11:00 am

What month is it opening?????? WDI has to know a month!!!!! I don’t want to hear “Oh it’s opening today.” Disney used to announce opening dates months in advance!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 6th, 2014 at 11:24 am

David – This attraction is still under construction. We hope to have an opening date to share soon.

David on February 6th, 2014 at 11:01 am

Looking good, hopefully this will be up and running by June 7th for our upcoming trip.

Nicholas from FR on February 6th, 2014 at 11:10 am

Looks awesome – so excited to see it later in the year!

Sean on February 6th, 2014 at 11:11 am

Any set date yet on when this will open?

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 6th, 2014 at 11:26 am

Not yet – please stay tuned!

Suzanne on February 6th, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Crossing my fingers that “later this year” means “in 2 weeks” when I’ll be there on vacation!! :D

Brad on February 6th, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Cool! Jennifer I’m sure you look forward to posting things about SDMT and getting twenty “When is it going to open?!?!” questions. LOL!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 7th, 2014 at 9:52 am

No problem – I’m happy so many people are excited about this. It should be great. :)

Aaron on February 6th, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Wonderful detail – so often overlooked by guests – thank you to the artists and imagineers who put their creativity, talent and passion for bringing Walt’s film to life. I am excited to share in the joy later this year!

sheila on February 6th, 2014 at 5:27 pm

We were there last week 1/28 thru 2/1~~~My husband saw the train going around the mountain one evening….we thought it must have been being tested. So if they are at the point of testing, it shouldn’t be too much longer before it opens.

Kristin from IL on February 6th, 2014 at 5:33 pm

I heard it is going to open in the spring! Really hoping that is true so when I come in June it will be fully up and running!

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 7th, 2014 at 10:05 am

We hope to have an update soon! :)

JEANY on February 6th, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Looks Awesome! I can’t wait to ride it in September 2014!

Christina on February 6th, 2014 at 7:51 pm

We were hoping so hard that it would be open when we were there last week! But we got to see the Imagineers putting the decor up on top of and around the ride, that was interesting!

Bruce on February 6th, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Did I spot a hidden mickey dedicated to 20,000 Leagues attraction in one of those photos?

Kim on February 7th, 2014 at 9:17 am

Were some of those props out with the Seven Dwarfs character greeting at MNSSHP last year? The gems look so familiar…

Annmarie from NC on February 7th, 2014 at 9:36 am

OH I LOVE the gemstones! They look great! Thanks for sharing all of the colors that will be there also. I like the photo where you can see them in the walls of the mine and some that have been mined and are in the bucket and sacks that the Dwarves used. So fun! I bet this ride will have a great queue too!

I’m curious about the added motion of the carts swaying back and forth. Wondering how that will work and feel.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 7th, 2014 at 10:06 am

Annmarie – Have you seen this video on the mine cars? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLExG8CAQE

John on February 10th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Lol – I won’t be there until August. Cautiously optimistic it will be up and running when we finally get there to see the new Fantasyland !

Angela on February 11th, 2014 at 10:17 am

We will be there the start of April. I am hoping that they will be up and running by then. Anyone know what Disney considers Spring?

Kristi on February 14th, 2014 at 5:55 pm

PLEASE…any word on an opening?? We will be there April 18-22 and want to plan out our days for which parks and want to make it to MK on a day it is open if so! May be my fathers last chance to get to visit with the grandchildren and he would love to ride with them.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 21st, 2014 at 9:46 am

As soon as I know, you’ll know! I hope you have a wonderful trip together.

Lois on February 19th, 2014 at 7:42 am

Glad to hear now that mine train is set to open late spring 2014. We’ll be there at the end of June and just waiting so I can get my fast passes in April. Hope it’s open by then as that is first on my list.

Jennifer Fickley-Baker on February 21st, 2014 at 9:46 am

I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip. Be sure to keep an eye on the blog for more info on Mine train.