Halloween at the Walt Disney World Resort

Captain America Arrives at Disneyland Park in Anaheim March 7

posted on February 10th, 2014 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

The excitement continues to build as Captain America makes his way to Disneyland park in Anaheim this spring, just in time for the April 4 theatrical release of “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

While Captain America may still be struggling to find his place in the modern world, you’ll soon be able to find him in Captain America: The Living Legend and Symbol of Courage, part of Innoventions at Disneyland park in Anaheim. Here, Captain America will stand proud in a patriotic setting befitting the First Avenger, ready to greet friends and fans alike. And when visiting Innoventions, you can also experience Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries and Thor: Treasures of Asgard.

Captain America is set to arrive at Disneyland park in Anaheim, starting March 7. Are you looking forward to meeting him this spring? Let us know in the “Comments” section.

Filed: Disneyland Park, Disneyland Resort

Loren from CA on February 10th, 2014 at 1:51 pm

You have made a grown man weep from happiness. I am going to be there March 8. Thanks for keeping my trip in mind in your plans to open this meet-and-greet up! LOL! ;)

Shawn Slater on February 10th, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Loren – Glad we could make it all work out for you! ;-)

Dinah on February 10th, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. You’ve made my day, truly. I have 3/7 marked on my calendar. :)

Tyler on February 10th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

literally 4 days after my 8 day trip to DL

Shawn Slater on February 10th, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Tyler – Sorry to hear that. Definitely make sure you check out Iron Man Tech Presented by Stark Industries and Thor: Treasures of Asgard, so you can get your Avengers fix during your visit!

Jane on February 10th, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Oh I just hope this is still available by the time I get to make my next trip out there! I’d be very sad to miss Cap.

Sean from AR on February 10th, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Really hoping that there are plans to include all of the Avengers in DL by the time “Age of Ultron” is out next year! It’s awesome that Cap and Thor will be there this year, but it’d be even cooler if Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye were as well! :-)

Shawn Slater on February 11th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Sean – That would be cool! We’ll just have to wait and see.

James from NY on February 10th, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Sure hope that all 3 are still open when I go to Disneyland in June. Between this, Space Mountain, Star Tours & Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland might just be my favorite land in any Disney park.

Walt on February 11th, 2014 at 1:13 am

Will there by any meet and greet opportunities for the super hero fans? Will there be a prescreening of the movie for DVC members????
Super hero encounters could be one more way of making “magical Disney memories”!
My grandkids love their Disneyland encounters with the “Star Wars” characters!!
Thank you Shawn Slater for your Disney Parks Blog entries. They keep this grampa up to date on all the wonderful Disney experiences.

Shawn Slater on February 11th, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Walt – You’re very welcome! I’m glad you enjoy the updates.

Ismael from CA on February 11th, 2014 at 2:30 am

Awesome, hopefully we get to see Iron Man show up in the iron man tech area and then Hulk and the rest of the avengers.

Now if I remember correctly there is another awesome Disney Marvel group of heroes coming to theaters soon, let’s hope that we get to take pictures with the Guardians of the Galaxy. I’m sure you guys can find a spot for them somewhere in Anaheim. :-)

Shawn Slater on February 11th, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Ismael – “Guardians of the Galaxy” sure does look fun! I can’t wait to see that movie when it comes out this summer.

Veronica on February 11th, 2014 at 12:57 pm

I LOVE Captain America!!! Do we need tickets for this?

Shawn Slater on February 11th, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Veronica – This experience will be included with regular Disneyland Park admission.

Andrea on February 11th, 2014 at 3:54 pm

How long will Captain America be there? We are planning a trip Mid April. I hope he will still be there!

Shawn Slater on February 12th, 2014 at 10:57 pm

Andrea – Cap will be waiting for your visit!

Cat on February 16th, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Will there be a AP preview?

Shelby from CA on February 17th, 2014 at 11:19 am

Will Cap be there in May? I am attempting to convince my mom to take me mid-May so I can go and see Cap (my all time favorite superhero)!

Tyler on April 6th, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I had thought the name of the Cap meet and greet was overlong… then I saw the new movie and it all made sense. Well done!!