When we think about heroes and those of great courage, a few may come to mind … perhaps a whole array of fictional superheroes. But as we get older we come to know and appreciate these heroes as figures who are quite non-fictional and present in our everyday lives.
They are the teachers who educate us valued lessons. They are the military soldiers who protect and serve us around the clock. They are the law enforcement and firemen who sacrifice their lives for us. And they are our families that support and love us endlessly. We call it courage, they call it love. Love for our neighbors, love for our country, and love for our families.
With such a great impact left upon us all, it seems nearly impossible to show our deepest gratitude towards them. What could compare to the greatest gift of sacrifice? As part of our 14 Days of Love celebration we want to share how you can express your appreciation and admiration with the gift of a memory.
There are hundreds of ways to say thank you, but my friends and I at Disney Floral & Gifts have found a way to express our thanks with a gift of recognition. Honor Your Hero gives the opportunity to not only honor a hero of yours but medal them, letting them know they are a champion in your eyes. Take a moment to read this declaration.
Upon receiving a triumph medal, fitting for a hero celebrating a great accomplishment, they will also receive a certificate with an official seal from the Walt Disney World Resort, the place where dreams come true. When you present them with this certificate your hero will officially be honored as part of a Disney tradition. It is their character, courage, and hope that earn them such recognition like so many dreamers and doers before them.
By wearing this medal of triumph, it will be known that your hero has inspired, protected, and encouraged a dream-come-true for another, a gift that truly keeps giving.
Now we know heroes don’t necessarily require a cape, tights, and the ability to fly, I’ll bet there’s someone that comes to your mind. For me, my hero is my knight in shining armor, my husband. Nearly saving my life he was able to find a cure to my illness and stayed at my side through a life changing ordeal. It was his courage and love that lead me to Disney, and here I am, able share my story with you!
If the world were full of those who could help others, what a difference it could make! All it takes is the power of one to inspire another. And in honor of all our heroes during our 14 Days of Love celebration we want to share a few “pay it forward” ideas that hopefully will inspire someone else to show their heroic side, no matter the size.
- When someone repays you, ask them to pay it forward to someone else.
- Check up on someone who has been over-looked (our widows, those who are sick). Offer to provide an act of service to help.
- Spend time teaching someone something that will help them with their life skills.
- Offer your seat to someone who is standing.
- When someone performs act of kindness on the road, wave to say thank you.
- Spend consistent time with family! Set aside time each week, even if it’s small at first.
- Secretly choose someone to become a source of inspiration and encouragement. Recognize them periodically.
- Extend yourself to new employees or neighbors. We know how it feels to be the new kid on the block, make them feel welcome.
- Write a note to a teacher who made a difference in your life.
- Write a thank you note to your hero and leave it in a surprise location they’ll discover.
Whether an act of bravery, thanks, or kindness, the difference begins with you. We all have the ability to create a memory; all it takes is a little faith, trust, pixie dust, and you!
For more gifting ideas for our heroes and any other inspirations in our lives, visit us at disneyfloralandgifts.com or call 407-WDW-GIFT for Walt Disney World Resort, or 714-781-GIFT to reach the Disneyland Resort. And be sure to stay tuned for our 14 Days of Love series! Next time we’ll share a story about creating Disney memories. Stay tuned!