Disneyland Monorail

First Look at Merchandise for 2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World Resort

posted on February 20th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

01_ParksBlog_PrincessHalf2014_Lead

I’m looking forward to this weekend as my fiancée will be participating in the 2014 Princess Half Marathon and the inaugural Glass Slipper Challenge at Walt Disney World Resort. She’s the runner in our relationship, so that means I’ll get to take pretty pictures of her before and after the races. Naturally, she was curious about the merchandise created for this runDisney event. I spoke with Mary Myers, merchandiser for events, who gave me an overview of what participants will see this weekend.

02_ParksBlog_PrincessHalf2014_Shirts

As with previous events, there are a variety of softlines created to commemorate the various events this weekend.

03_ParksBlog_PrincessHalf2014_NewItems

Mary also developed a few new items this year for those who may be cheering from the sidelines like me. There are new kids’ tees and a shirt for steadfast husbands (I guess I could wear the latter one).

04_ParksBlog_PrincessHalf2014_Things

Besides softlines, participants will see familiar favorites including Sweaty Bands with some fun event slogans (“Run like it’s the stroke of midnight” cracks me up!). There will also be Bondi Bands, a new Disney ear hat with pink veil, light-up tiara, Disney pins, drinkware and more. I was also told that there will be car magnets, yet samples were unavailable to photograph at the time of press.

05_ParksBlog_PrincessHalf2014_DooneyBourke

Another popular item returning this year is specially designed Dooney & Bourke handbags. These items will each have a leather hangtag with the event logo.

06_ParksBlog_PrincessHalf2014_GlassSlipper
Finally, the image above contains a sampling of some items for the inaugural Glass Slipper Challenge.

Look for these items at the Disney Fit for a Princess Expo at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The expo will be open on the following dates and times:

• Thursday, February 20 – 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
  • Friday, February 21 – 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
  • Saturday, February 22 – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

We will be offering select items celebrating this event on our Disney Parks online store from Friday, February 21 to Sunday, March 2, 2014. Just visit http://www.DisneyStore.com/runDisneyEvents.

I wish nothing but the best to those who are participating. I hope to see you this weekend!

Filed: Walt Disney World Resort

david on February 20th, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Oh NO! More handbags! Not sure I should show this post to my Wife, but I may purchase a few of the “My favorite Princess is my MOM” shirts for the girls to wear on Mother’s Day! Your HM Pal David in Ohio

Kyle on February 20th, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Are this year’s RunDisney sneakers available this weekend as well?

Steven Miller on February 21st, 2014 at 11:39 am

@Kyle – From my understanding, they are offering them at the Expo.

Shannon on February 21st, 2014 at 8:54 am

Love all of it. I can’t make it this year but I would really like to have one of the t-shirts,”Run like a Beast”, is there any way I can get one? PLEASE!!! I didn’t see these for sale on the online store. If you aren’t running in the Marathon, can you still shop at the Expo? If so, my mom can run over there and get me one. Please let me know if she can shop at the EXPO.

Steven Miller on February 21st, 2014 at 11:45 am

@Shannon – Any Guest can attend the Expo. There are not plans to offer that shirt via the online store. Hopefully your mother can stop by the ESPN Wide World of Sports.

Shannon on February 21st, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Great, thanks so much for responding. I’ve called her and she’s on her way!!!

Jessica on February 21st, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I’m curious to know where the Dooney purses will be sold at? Also will they be available for purchase after this weekend? If so, same location or where? Thank you.

Anastasia on February 25th, 2014 at 2:52 pm

All of the merchandise was fabulous however having been there only four hours after the expo opened it was near impossible to find many things in certain sizes. Wanted very much to get the My Favourite Disney Princess is my Wife but they had nothing above a medium. There were not very well stocked for many of their shirts. Quite disappointed. And they had two more days to go. :( If there is someway that there is somewhere else that you can purchase these it would be greatly appreciated to find out. Thanks

Victoria on February 26th, 2014 at 9:17 am

Will the Wine and Dine Half be getting Dooney bags anytime soon? I would love to be able to commemorate my first runDisney race with a gorgeous bag!

Ali on March 5th, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Is there anyway I could still order a shirt? After the race they were out of the blue shirt in my size, they only had smalls. I promised myself I would go online once I returned home and tonight was the first time I was able to log on….I saw that they were available until March 2? Are they available any other way?

Katie on March 12th, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Are they going to have any additional generic runDisney merchandise available online? They didn’t have any at the Expo and I was really hoping to get one of the purple runDisney jackets they had available at Marathon Weekend.

Judy on March 25th, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Can I still purchase the princess half marathon 2014 woman’s tshirt?